Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age

Get What You Deserve - NOV 5

by AlexSanDee 3 reviews

Monica talks to Kelly about the abuse

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-11-05 - Updated: 2007-11-06 - 1653 words

0Unrated
“Kelly, we need to talk.” Monica walked slowly into the bedroom and took a seat on the bed beside her daughter.
“Not now Mom. Can’t it wait?” Kelly rolled over on her side facing away from Monica.
“No, this can’t wait. Honey, you should have told me.”
Kelly remained silent.
“What else has Mike done?” She held her breath waiting for the answer.
She had known her mother would ask this question so she wasn’t surprised, “He didn’t force me to have sex if that’s what you’re asking.” Kelly said softly.
Monica breathed a small sigh of relief. “Kelly, please look at me.”
“Can’t you just go away? I don’t wanna talk about this. I’m tired I just wanna go to sleep.”
“Going to sleep won’t make this go away. We have to talk about it.”
“Why?” Kelly rolled over “Why do we have to talk about it? It’s over. I just wanna forget about it.”
“How many times has he hurt you?”
“Mom, let it go. It doesn’t matter.”
Monica’s temper snapped. “It doesn’t matter? How the hell can you say it doesn’t matter? He hurt you.” She paused trying to gain control, “Let me see the bite mark.”
Kelly stared at her.
“Now, Kelly. Let me see.”
“If I show you will you go away?”
“I’m not just gonna go away and forget about this. Now let me see.” Her tone left no room for argument.
Slowly Kelly lifted her hoodie to reveal the bite mark. Monica’s eyes grew wide. “What is the bruise on your side?” she asked unable to comment on the bite mark without completely losing it.
Kelly pulled the hoodie back down. “I fell.”
Monica’s hands balled into fists. “Yeah, just an accident. Right? Like what happened to your eye? Kelly stop it. Stop lying to cover for him.”
“Mom, you don’t understand. You don’t know. He’s been under a lot of pressure from his parents about college and stuff. Sometimes he would just lose it. He never meant to hurt me. He just has a terrible temper.”
Monica shook her head sadly, “Kelly I do understand. I know what it’s like to have someone you care about hurt you. I know what it’s like to try to cover for that person and make excuses for them. But it’s not all right. It’s not all right to be hurt like that. You are a beautiful girl inside and out. You don’t deserve this,”
Kelly looked directly into her mothers eyes, “Did you deserve what daddy did to you?”
Monica had known this was coming but knowing didn’t make it an easier. “No, I didn’t deserve what he did to me but I was afraid.”
“You were afraid he would hurt Kara and me, weren’t you?’
Monica could only nod.
Kelly reached out for Monica’s hand. “I’m not going to see Mike anymore. I do understand what he did was wrong but I don’t want to get him into any more trouble. I told the counselor what he did because I didn’t want Kara to be in trouble. I wanted them to know she was protecting me. I’m afraid of Mike like you were afraid of Daddy. I just wanna be left alone,”
“You don’t need to be afraid of him. He’ll never touch you again.”
Kelly sighed, “You don’t understand how angry he can get.”
Monica’s eyes narrowed, “I don’t think he understands how angry I can get.” She paused for just a moment to gather her thoughts, “I think we should make a police report about this.”
Immediately Kelly balked, “No, I refuse to do that. Mom, just let it go. You don’t understand how popular Mike is at school. I’m gonna have enough people hating me as it is. He’s one of the schools best athletes. I’m a nobody.” She looked down at her hands and added quietly, “I really believed Mike liked me but now I understand it was just cause I’m gonna be Gerard Way’s daughter.”
Monica was shocked, “Kelly it that’s the truth, if that’s the only reason Mike dated you then he’s a fool.”
Kelly shook her head sadly, “Mom, come on. Think about it. There are tons of girls prettier than me that Mike could date. His last girlfriend was the head cheerleader. I was just too stupid to realize why he was dating me.” Tears formed in her eyes, “He told me the truth today. He told me that if Gerard Way wasn’t my daddy I wouldn’t have a friend in the school.”
The pain Monica felt for her daughter was intense. “He might think like that but I don’t believe for one minute all of your friends are that shallow. Kelly you have some very good friends who like you not because of Gerard but because you are you. Mike is an asshole.”
Kelly smiled despite her tears hearing her mom say the word asshole. “Mom, watch your language.”
Monica pulled her into her arms, “We’ll get through this, honey. Just know he will never hurt you again.”
“Mom?”
“Yeah?’
“What are you gonna tell Dad?”
Monica leaned out of the hug, “I need to tell him what’s going on. He’s so worried about you.”
“Do we have to tell him about everything?’
Monica was confused, “Why would you want to keep this from him?”
Kelly felt fresh tears in her eyes, “I’m afraid he’ll think I’m a dumb shit for letting Mike treat me like this.”
“Oh, Kelly, no. He’s not gonna think that. He loves you and he’s worried about you.”
Tears rolled down her cheeks, “I wish he was here.”
Once more Monica pulled her into a hug, “I wish he was here too.”


“Any word from Monica?” Mikey asked, sitting down in the booth. Gerard had told him about the problems at home with both girls. Now as he looked over at his brother he could see the strain of the events reflected in his face.
Gerard shook his head, “Nothing. I hate just sitting here wondering what the fuck is going on back home.”
Mikey waited until the waitress took their lunch order before asking,” What did Brian say?’
“He’s gonna talk to Stacy. Let her know what’s going on.”
“You don’t think there will be legal trouble cause Kara punched him, do you?”
Gerard swirled his diet coke with the straw and sighed, “I don’t know. Hell, I don’t know what to think about anything. I talked to Monica hours ago and she still hasn’t called back. All during the interview I kept hoping she’d call.”
“I’m sure she’ll call when she can. You know she understands how upset you are.”
Gerard laughed mirthlessly, “I hope to hell is ain’t worrying about me. We need to worry about the girls.” He shook his head, “I just can’t imagine anyone hurting Kell. What the fuck is wrong with the guy?”
“Gee, are you worrying about how Monica is gonna deal with this? I mean cause of her husband?”
“Fuck yeah, I am. This has got to be doubly brutal for her. You gotta know it’s gonna bring up painful memories.” He closed his eyes and leaned back against the vinyl seat. “I otta be home.”

Taking a deep, calming breath Monica flipped open her phone to call Gerard. He answered immediately. She forced herself to remain calm. “Hi Honey.”
“How’s Kell?” The concern in his voice brought tears to her eyes.
“I talked to her. She told me he has a bad temper and tried to make it sound like an excuse for what he’d done.”
“Son of a bitch.” He walked outside leaving the noise of the back stage area behind. “Monica, he didn’t force her …did he?’
“No, she said he didn’t force her to have sex.” She lowered her voice, “That was one of my first thoughts too.”
He sighed, “I’d fucking kill him if he had.” He ground out.
“Gee” Monica’s voice held her warning.
“Where is she now?”
“Upstairs in her room. Do you want to talk to her?”
Gerard realized it was getting close to time for the Meet & Greet. “Fuck, I don’t have time. First we meet with the fans and then another group is coming in before the concert. Shit I have to be there.”
Monica understood, “It’s okay, Gee. She really isn’t much for talking right now.”
“I feel so fucking bad. I won’t have time to call before the concert and afterwards I’m sure she’ll be sleeping.”
“Call her tomorrow. I’ll tell her you called and really wanted to talk to her.”
“This is so fucked up.” He said as Ray peered outside.
“Dude, they’re waiting for us.” He said. Gerard nodded.
“I heard” Monica told him before he could tell her. “I’ll tell Kelly you called.”
“Honey, by the time the concert is over and I get back to the hotel it will be almost 3:00 am your time. Please try to get some sleep tonight. I’m worried about you.”
“I’m okay.” Even as she said the words they rang false in her ears.
“Please sleep. I’ll call you in the morning.”
“Okay” she really was tired. The day had drained her.
“Make sure you tell Kell and Kara how much I’m thinking about them.”
“I will”
“I love you, Honey.”
“Love you too” Monica said disconnecting before she broke down into tears.
Sign up to rate and review this story