Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Motherly Conscience

Chapter 4

by frankxgerard 3 reviews

“See? You do think I’m crazy!” Gerard said quietly.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2007-11-08 - Updated: 2007-12-07 - 921 words

0Unrated

I wrote this before I put Gabby in The Sharpest Lives, so she'll be part of this too I guess. Can't change it now, mostly 'cause I don't want to...

-------------------------------------

Gerard woke at 6:30 AM and got up to take a shower.

He turned on the bathroom light and, “FUCK!”

Frank immediately woke up as Gerard scrambled onto the bed.

“Gee?”

Gerard whined and dove under the covers. Frank frowned and went into the bathroom.

“There’s nothing in here.” he said.

Gerard crept up cautiously and peeked into the doorway.

“I know there was this time, Frank! It was, like, right in the middle of the floor in front of me!”

Frank looked in the shower.

“Nothing.” He said again, “What’d you see?”

Gerard shook his head and looked at the floor.

“You’ll think I’m a fucking weirdo.” Gerard answered.

“A little too late for that, dontcha think?” Frank said, walking over to face Gerard and place his hands on Gerard’s hips, “But seriously. I won’t think you’re weird. Not any weirder; I love you.”

Gerard sighed and looked around.

“MotherFUCK, I told you! It’s right there!” Gerard shrieked, pointing.

Frank looked and scrunched his eyes.

“What? I don’t see anything.” He complained.

Gerard paled. Frank guided him over to sit on the counter.

“Gerard, what’s wrong?” Frank asked.

“Look, Frank, can’t you fucking see her? It’s my goddamn mother standing in the fucking middle of the room, Frank!” Gerard insisted.

Frank looked.

“No, I don’t. Gee, maybe you should just… come back to bed.”

“See? You do think I’m crazy!” Gerard said quietly.

Frank shook his head, “No I don’t. But there’s nothing there.”

“Gerard, he can’t see me.” Gerard’s mom said, because she really was there.

“Why not?” Gerard asked, voice squeaking.

“Because he can’t.” She shrugged.

Frank looked perplexed.

“Why what?” he questioned.

“No, no, never mind… Just, go to bed, Frank. I’m gonna take a shower, kay?” Gerard muttered.

Frank left the room and Gerard kept staring at the floor.

“Fuck, this can’t be right…”

“Watch your language, young man!” Donna scolded.

“Excuse me?! My mother, who mind you is supposed to be brain dead in the hospital downtown, appears out of nowhere so I can only see her, and you’re telling me not to swear?” Gerard practically yelled.

Donna crossed her arms over her chest and glared. Gerard threw his arms up and stalked out of the bathroom.

“Come on, Frank. Let’s go eat or something...” Gerard said.

Frank was lying on the bed watching TV. He sat up and stretched. Gerard kneeled on the bed behind him and wrapped his arms around his shoulders, pressing his nose into his neck. Frank reached a hand back to place on Gerard’s neck.

“You okay?” he asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine… It’s probably just stress.”

Frank pulled Gerard from his shoulder and kissed him briefly. They got dressed and left the hotel. Frank stood on the sidewalk in the summer sun, white thick glasses pushes over his face.

“Excuse me?”

A voice interrupted Frank’s thoughts.

“Could you sign this? I love your music, I went to Pro Rev last month, but never got backstage, so I’d really appreciate it…” the girl in front of him asked meekly.

She had brown hair with red highlights curling around her face. Frank could see a tattered Linkin Park shirt under her unbuttoned denim jacket.

“Uh, yeah… Here… What’s your name?” he asked.

“I’m Gabby.”

Frank finished signing the CD she’d handed him and found Gerard watching him from the open door of the taxi.

“I called Ray. Mikey’s with them; he left last night. They’re gonna meet us at the hotel.” he said as Frank approached.

Frank nodded distractedly. The girl was staring discontentedly at him, brown eyes turned grey and outfit looking shabbier than before. Her expression was almost blank.

Frank shook himself out of it and pushed himself into the car.

They took a cab to the hotel Ray and Bob had ended up at. Mikey was sitting in the lobby with the two at his side.

“Hey, Gee. He said tiredly, rubbing his face and searching for the glasses that no longer hid his face.

Gerard patted his brother’s back reassuringly.

“Guys, I need to ask you something… Especially you, Mikey.” Gerard said.

“Okay, what?”

“I wanna go back on tour. If you don’t want to, that’s okay.” Gerard said.

“I will.” Ray agreed, Bob nodding behind him.

Mikey thought for minute, chewing his lip.

“Yeah, I will… I guess… sitting around’s not gonna do much good, huh?” he decided.

“Are you sure?” Gerard questioned.

“Yeah, Gee, we all know the stage is your sanctuary.”

Gerard nodded and stood up, shoving his own pair of black thick sunglasses onto his face. The five agreed to meet with Brian the next week.

“You wanna keep Mikey here? I mean, if he’s already staying with you guys, you could…” Gerard said to Ray.

“Oh, uh, well, he was actually sleeping on the floor last night, but if you want, we could…”

Gerard sighed and scratched his head.

“Ah, never mind. He can come with us and we’ll get him a room.” Gerard said.

Mikey followed Gerard and Frank back to the hotel. They got Mikey a room and disappeared into Gerard’s.
Sign up to rate and review this story