Categories > Cartoons > G.I. Joe > The Synthoid Conspiracy

Diversionary Operations

by Soundwave 0 reviews

Cobra Commander and Berg Katse unwisely anger Destro

Category: G.I. Joe - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Cobra Commander,Destro,Duke,Scarlett - Published: 2007-11-09 - Updated: 2007-11-09 - 1580 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter II: Diversionary Operations

“Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning”

Field Marshall Erwin Rommel


Once the testing of the FAST packs was completed, the Skystrikers were readying for take off. The targets were three tankers that were to be used as target practice.

On board the Flagg a radioman 1st class kept close attention to the radar. Suddenly light static appeared on his monitor. “Cypher” he called out to the Knight Saber.

Cypher was already in her hardsuit under Grey Fox’s orders, since her suit possessed more advanced sensors than the Flagg had on onboard. “Hmm, possibly jammers, she surmised as the activated her suit’s sensors. “No sign of jammers, but I’m detecting an increasing density of Minovsky Particles.”

“Cypher, sound general quarters and notify the Observation ship.” Fox ordered over comlink, once Cypher informed her of the situation. The Knight Sabers com gear was recently upgraded to compensate for Minovsky Particles, but the rest of the Joes equipment haven’t been upgraded.

“Sir, we’re receiving a signal from the Flagg. Minovsky Particle density at high levels. Possible Cobra attack.” The Captain reported, reading the signal light.

“Very well, return acknowledge signal,” Ledger answered. “Helm, if an attack does happen set an escape course out of the combat zone.”

“Aye, aye Admiral.”

Onboard the tankers the large doors into the cargo holds opened, launching a new Zaku variant.

“Fox! Those tankers!”

“I see them, Wolf. A new type of Zaku.” Grey Fox answered. “Get me a beam rifle!” She read the recent intelligence on Cobra’s hardsuit development program. According to the intell, Cobra had only developed the E series recon unit, the G series ground combat unit and W series heavy utility unit. But these were flight capable.

“You got it, Boss!”

Scarlett increased the throttle to her Skystriker to gain some distance between her and the pursuing Zaku. This was probably first time she’s seen or fought a Zaku in combat, “She was only briefed on the 05, 06F and S models, but these Zakus were flight capable. But they were too small and maneuverable to maintain a weapons lock.

Armed with a beam rifle and a shield, Fox launched from the Flagg. Training her beam rifle on the first Zaku in her sights, one that was pursuing Scarlett.

“Ensign get us out here!” Ledger ordered.

“Sorry Admiral,” Erickson said with a gun drawn. “I can’t let you do that.” Like a Chinese quick change magician, Erickson tore off his uniform to reveal was a tall thin built individual wearing calf-high boots, a one-piece purple bodysuit, with a full head mask, only the area around his mouth was exposed, that had long, pointed, bat-like ears and a narrow pointed nose. To complete his ensemble with a black-red high collared cape. The masked and costumed features of Berg Katse were revealed.

“Who are you?” Franks demanded

“Nap time, kiddies!” Katse smiled, firing a tranquilizer dart at Franks, Ledger, Howe and Sharp. Slinging the gun over his shoulder and under his cape, he approached the Ensign at the helm. “Report.”

“Our operatives have taken the ship, Commander Katse.”

“Excellent, proceed to the rendezvous point.”

“Aye, sir.”

Needing to get some distance, Grey Fox allowed herself to go into freefall. Her back to the ocean, Fox lifted her beam rifle and fired. The shot ripped through the upper chest and neck of the Zaku.

“Commander, we’ve received a signal from Commander Katse. Ship secured, proceeding to rendezvous point.”

“Very well, set course Captain.”

“Aye, sir, diving command make depth for 1200 feet 20 degrees down angle, engage caterpillar drive, speed 26 knots.”

“Come to 2-6-0, at 26 knots we should be at the rendezvous point in two hours.” The navigator said after making the necessary calculations and notations on the chart.

“Excellent!” The Commander exclaimed, everything was proceeding according to plan. Now to begin phase two. “Deploy smoke canisters around the Flagg, before we get under way.”

From the bridge, Cypher watched smoke envelop around the carrier. Someone’s screwing with us! Cypher thought to herself. “Deep Six, see anything strange on your end?”

“Negative,” Deep Six replied.

“Commander, prisoners secured and Katse’s onboard.”

“ Very well, Captain get us out of here and back to our current base of operations.”

“Aye sir.”

After destroying or driving off the remainder of Cobra’s forces, the Skystrikers and Grey Fox returned to the carrier. “Hey Duke! General Franks wants to see you and Grey Fox aboard the Observation ship, on the double!” Breaker told Duke out on the flight deck.

Wolf waited outside the conference room, she leaned against the wall on right hand side of the door smoking a cigarette even though there’s a no smoking sign clearly posted. Fuck that! She said to herself about today’s attitude towards smoking. She could clearly hear Franks holding Duke and Fox responsible for Cobra’s attack. Jeez, asshole, you think we sent Cobra Commander a personal invitation? It’s almost as if they believe we told Cobra to attack. What a bunch of dickheads! She also heard the GI Joe team and the Knight Sabers were not up to snuff as Scarlett, Duke and Grey Fox tried to offer some explanation. The Knight Sabers ain’t up to snuff? Piss ant brass, what the fuck they know? Duke went as far as to request an investigation but Col. Sharp denied any chance for an investigation.

The four headed back to the ship’s helipad and the awaiting Tomahawk. “Man, you guys got a hell of a dressing down, for a fuck up that wasn’t our fault!” Wolf mentioned

“Why do I have a feeling we lost this battle?” Scarlett asked

“More like had our Asses handed to us.” Grey Fox stated, something in the back of her mind was telling her that something stank.

“Well, let’s keep this to ourselves and that includes you Wolf,” Duke told the three as they boarded the Tomahawk. Fox told Lift Ticket to take them back to the Flagg. Fox had to get back, Lt. Matilda Ajan’s Medea transport plane was going to be landing on the Flagg to transport the Knight Sabers, their hardsuits, beam weapons and FAST packs back to headquarters.

At 30 degrees latitude, 60 degrees longitude and 200 miles north of the Lesser Antilles, sat an artificial island, shaped like crater, in the middle of a moat sat part of a visible portion of Cobra’s base. In a lab with several man-sized tubes along one wall, Cobra Commander played a joint presentation by Dr. Mindbender and Lt Col. Zabi. Even though she was in charge of Hardsuit development, Dr. Mindbender tasked her with a product from the recently cancelled Project BOOMER, using nanomachines, a special liquid polymer and biomimetic gel that came from the project to create what he called a Synthoid, a near perfect duplicate of a human.

“Impressive,” Destro said when the presentation was concluded. “Question. How did you manage to create such duplicates of our prisoners?”

“It wasn’t easy,” Katse sighed. “Infiltrating the Pentagon was child’s play. The bitch was getting the biometrics, voice samples and access codes, along with some data to make our frauds pass off as the real articles.”

“And all programmed into the nanomachines to replicate all biometrics right down to eye color, fingerprints and vital signs.”

“Indeed. If memory serves me, Kycilia mentioned to me she was opposed to this project.”

“Kycilia, does her job, but she does not dictate policy.” The Commander responded; Kycilia should stick to Hardsuit development instead of command. “Anyway, the first objective will be to use their own authorities against. But that will be the least of their worries.”

“I assume you have something in mind, Commander?” Destro asked

“Oh that will keep for now. But there is a surprise for you Destro. Show him, Katse.”

Inputting a few commands into the breeding tube’s console, Katse created a Synthoid double of Destro. Katse committed a grave insult to Destro by creating such an abomination. “No! You wouldn’t dare! A Synthoid of me?”

“You look upset Destro, maybe a vacation is in order,” Berg Katse cackled, before ordering the Synthoid Destro to kneel before him and the Commander.

“He looks as egoistical as Brando but he’s takes direction.” The Commander joked at Destro’s expense.

“Destroy it! Destroy it, or I’LL…” Destro demanded his fists clenched looming towards the Synthoid of himself.

“Easy, Destro.” The Commander said, willing to end this little demonstration with a device in his hand. “Allow me to demonstrate the neutralizer.” The Commander adjusted it’s setting before using it. The neutralizer emitted a signal to the nanomachines within the Synthoid to self-destruct. Smoke rose from the Synthoid as the nanomachines burned themselves out, without the nanomachines the biomimetic gel began to lose molecular cohesion. Reducing it to a puddle of gray goo. “Oh, how temporary!” The Commander said with mock disappointment at the destruction of the Synthoid Destro.

“Remember, Destro, even you can be replaced!” The Commander told the seething Scotsman.

Destro was fluming, both the Commander and Berg Katse made the grave mistake of provoking his anger. But the Commander made one mistake, a Synthoid can’t truly replace someone, it can’t truly replicate a person experience or memories only with the information that it has programmed. “We shall see, my dear Cobra Commander. We shall see”
Sign up to rate and review this story