Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > seizeMANNEQUIN

"Because I Hate Pizza Hut."

by OhSoIntricateLie 3 reviews

Uh oh. Pepper meets Brendon's 'rents.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-11-20 - Updated: 2007-12-08 - 848 words

0Unrated
November 17, 2006 Wednesday

The next morning the first thing Pepper noticed upon waking was Brendon’s arm draped across her, pulling her to him.

‘I could get used to this,’ she thought with a smile.

Rolling over she caught a glimpse of her alarm clock before laying back down, this time facing Brendon. Not knowing exactly where he lived and how much time it would take, she woke him.

“Bren?”

“Hmmm?”

“It’s 11:30. Get up?”

“Mmmhmm.”

Pepper smiled as Brendon rolled over, allowing her to get up. Walking over to her closet she pulled out a pair of jeans and her favorite “Fall Out Boy is for Losers” shirt. Making her way to the bathroom she took a quick shower. Ten minutes after ending said shower she made her way back into the bedroom where Brendon sat on the bed tying his shoes.

“Good morning, or afternoon,” Brendon replied as Pepper sat next to him, rose tattoo Vans in hand, “Hey wow are those the Oliver Platt Vans?”

Pepper nodded as she slipped her shoes on, “Yup. So I guess we now need to head over to your place, right?”

“Yeah. Do we need to grab anything here, guitars?”

Pepper nodded, “Just mine and Izzy’s. All the other equipment is as Karrie’s aunt and uncles.”

Brendon nodded as Pepper picked up her guitar case and made her way into Izzy’ room to pick up hers. He met her at the front door, where he took one of the cases from her.

“Thank you,” she smiled at him.

“Your welcome,” he replied returning her smile.

Brendon stood back and waited for Pepper to lock the door before walking to his car. Fifteen minutes later, Brendon was driving them through a nice neighborhood with almost identical houses on both sides. Several minutes later Brendon pulled into the driveway of a two-story gray house. The sign on the house reading “The Urie’s.”

Pepper glanced at Brendon curiously.

Catching her look Brendon nodded, “Yeah. My parents house. Here, come on. You’ll get to meet them.”

Brendon got out and opened Pepper’s door for her.

Meanwhile in the Urie residence his mom was standing at the window practically freaking out.

“Steven? Steven? Come here and look at this. Brendon’s got a girl with him and he’s just opened her door for her. Oh no. Do you their married?”

Brendon’s dad, Steven, rolled his eyes.

“Mary. Seriously. What do you think?”

“I think that he’s eloped,” suddenly her eyes widened, “THAT’S where he was last night. SHE’s the reason. Look at the way she’s dressed. Trying to be some punk. The little gold digger,” Mary Urie said.

“I cannot believe your judging some poor girl that you haven’t even met before--” Steven said as the front door opened.

“Mom? Dad?”

“Brendon, sweetie you had me worried. You didn’t come in last night,” Mary Urie said walking over to her son and hugging him, managing to pull his hand out of Pepper’s.

Brendon broke the hug and picked Pepper’s hand up again.

“Mom, dad. This is my--”

“I can’t believe you eloped, Brendon,” his mom stated cutting him off.

Brendon and Pepper exchanged glances.

“Eloped? Mom no. I was about to say this is my girlfriend, Pepper Wright,” Brendon said starting to blush.

Steven walked behind the couple to close the front door, muttering “Told you so.”

Mary sighed with relief, “Oh dear. I’m sorry. Hello, nice to meet you. I’m Brendon’s mom, Mary, and this is his father, Steven. I heard that,” she replied glaring at her husband’s comment.

Pepper regained her composure and smiled at his parents, “Hi. Nice meeting you too.”

Brendon nodded and kissed Pepper on the cheek, “Hey I’ll be back in about 10 minutes and we can leave again, ok?”

Pepper nodded as Brendon took off up the stairs to take a shower and change.

Awkward silence ensues.

“Pepper is it?”

Pepper nodded, “Yes m’am.”

“You can take a seat if you wish,” Mary said.

Pepper nodded and took a seat on the love seat opposite the couch where Steven sat. Mary walked over an sat next to her husband. Several minutes of silence passed before Mary spoke again.

“Dear I’m sorry for jumping to conclusions several minutes ago.”

“Oh it’s ok. I understand.”

Mary nodded, “So how long have you know Brendon?”

Pepper thought a minute, “Since Friday. We met at Pizza Hut.”

Mary nodded about to reply when Brendon came down stiars.

“Ready?”

“Mmhmm. It was nice meting you Mr. and Mrs. Urie.”

“Same here Pepper. Bye.”

Brendon and Pepper waved at them as they walked out of the door.

“So did my mom interrogate you,” Brendon asked when they were in the car.

“Not really. She asked how long we’d known each other. I told her since Friday and that we met at Pizza Hut.”

Brendon laughed, “What did she say?”

“Nothing she just looked surprised. Why?”

“Because I hate Pizza Hut.”
Sign up to rate and review this story