Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > seizeMANNEQUIN

“That was unbelievable.”

by OhSoIntricateLie 3 reviews

Pepper's band plays.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2007-11-21 - Updated: 2007-11-22 - 645 words

0Unrated
Pepper was about to respond when Brendon cut her off.

“So what’s the address were going to again?”

“!312 Durango Avenue, do you know where that’s at?”

Brendon nodded.

“Yup. It’s just five minutes from here.”

“Is it really? I’ve never been this way before. I’ve only been in the back way.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, seeing as Mason is the one with the car, Izzy and I ride with him. And he normally picks us up from the University.”

Brendon nodded as he pulled into a driveway.

“This the right house?”

“Mmhmm. Karrie’s car is here meaning that Yoshi and Anaheim are here to.”

Brendon nodded and put the car in park. Just as the two of them were getting the guitars out of the back seat, Ryan pulled up with Spencer riding shotgun and Jon in the back.

“Here, I’ll take Izzy’s guitar and go on in so we can finish setting up, k,” Pepper said taking the case from Brendon’s hand. Brendon nodded and gave Pepper a quick kiss on the cheek before she walked away.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brendon walked over to his band mates, who were all standing around Ryan’s car.

“So you picked Pepper up this morning,” Spencer asked?

“Actually I stayed the night,” Brendon said, “And no we didn’t do anything,” he replied as the other three men exchanged glances.

“We believe you,” Jon said.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pepper walked over the threshold handing off Izzy’s guitar to it’s owner.

“You guys ready to warm up?”

Everyone nodded.

“Just waiting for our lead singer to get here,” Yoshi said from behind his drum kit.

“Sorry I kept you guys waiting,” Pepper said plugging in her guitar.

“No worries girl. Mason and Izzy got here about ten minutes before you did,” Karrie aid adjusting her microphone.

Pepper nodded, “What shall we warm up with then?”

“One Way,” Izzy said from her left.

Pepper nodded and played the opening chords for Blondie’s “One Way or Another.”

Shortly after once every one was satisfied with the way the band sounded Pepper opened the door and called for Brendon.

“Hey guys. We’re ready if you wanna come on in,” she said.

Brendon replied, “Be right there.”

“Dude I hope they don’t suck. I mean how do you tell your girlfriend her band sucks,” Ryan asked.

“They won’t suck. I have a feeling that seizeMANNEQUIN is great.”

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pepper walked back to her spot in front of the drum kit and waited for Panic! To come in.
Ryan was the first one in followed by Spencer and Brendon with Jon bringing up the rear.

“Everyone, this is Ryan Ross, Jon Walker, Spencer Smith, and Brendon Urie,” Pepper began.

“Pepper’s boyfriend,” Izzy said.

Pepper nodded, “Guys this is my acoustic guitarist, Mason Daughtry. My rhythm guitarist, Izzy Hughes. Background vocalist, Karrie Dunnifer. Keyboardist, Anaheim Tanner, and our drummer Yoshi Tojo.”

Once everyone was introduced Pepper hesitated.

Glancing at Izzy she mouthed, “What song?”

Izzy mouthed back, “One way?”

Pepper shrugged and once more played the opening chords to “One Way or Another.”

Pepper sang her heart out, hoping and praying to God that she didn’t miss a note or play the wrong chord. At first she was a little timid but Mason walked forward and nudged her slightly giving her a smile. Looking at Brendon, he too gave her a smile that instantly calmed her nerves.

Pepper played the last chord, letting it ring out before gradually cutting it off.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the end of the song all four Panic boys sat in silence, mouths open.

‘Oh no’ thought Pepper, ‘We sucked.’

“That was unbelievable,” Brendon said after several moments of silence.

Pepper and her band exchanged looks as Ryan walked up to her and smiled.

“Welcome aboard the ‘Nothing Rhymes With Circus tour,” he said.
Sign up to rate and review this story