Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > the Ghost of You

Sleep....Just Sleep

by TeamWentz17 3 reviews

Night anxiety is keeping her awake. Frankie will be home soon. Don't worry Erin, dearest. The lyrics to 'Sleep' by MCR are included in this story. Enjoy!!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-11-24 - Updated: 2007-11-25 - 1193 words - Complete

0Unrated
-Some say, now suffer all the children
And walk away a savior,
Or a madman and polluted
From gutter institutions.
Don't you breathe for me,
Undeserving of your sympathy,
Cause there ain't no way that I'm sorry for what I did.

And through it all
How could you cry for me?
Cause I don't feel bad about it.
So shut your eyes,
Kiss me goodbye,
And sleep.
Just sleep.....-

Erin's POV

I couldn't get back to sleep without thinking about what I had done. Frankie's picture was by my bed side and I couldn't help, but constantly stare at it. I turned over only to see David staring at me. He smiled and batted his eyes. I winced a smile back at him.

David then moved in closer to me and gave me a kiss. I didn't kiss him back; which concerned him.

"What's wrong??" he asked me.

I just shook my head and sat up. I started to feel sick, so I took a sip of my water bottle; which didn't do a justice to my weakness.

I got up from under the covers and walked over to the bathroom. That's where I got sick. I started to sob and I continued to perge. David knocked on the door to see if I was alright. I assured him that everything was ok and that I'd be out in a minute. That's when I reached for the drawer that held all my medical/girlie things. I had a pregnancy test in there just in case of an emergency.

I stared at the test. It sent chills up my spinal chord. My hair started to raise on my arms. My naturally olive-toned skin turned a pale white. I took a deep breath and took the test; expecting the worst.

I opened the door to let David in. He saw the test in my hands, knelt down, and gave me a huge hug. I embraced his muscular back with my delicate hands and inhaled his aroma; it was soothing.

"We'll get through this," David promised, as he whispered into my ears.

**

An hour later, I still sat restless in bed. My eyes were wide open. I can't believe the test was positive. What was I suppose to do now?? This was becoming more and more of a mess. Frankie can't find out. No. He can't!!

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. I glanced at my clock. It was 3:30 in the morning. Who could it be?? Maybe it was Desi for a late night chat?? I had no idea.

I grabbed my robe and put my slippers on. I walked over to the door, fixed my hair in the mirror, turned the door knob and opened the door for someone I had longed to see again.

"F-Frankie??" I said.

"Hi baby," Frank replied, with a big smile.

I prayed to God that David didn't wake-up and see who was at the door. I quickly, reached for my house key, and locked the door. I took Frankie's hand and led him to a bench across the street.

"What's wrong, baby??" Frank asked me.

He was now growing concerned. I peered into his glistening eyes. I couldn't tell him what I had done. It was all too sudden.

"I'm just....j-just so happy to see you," I said, hesitantly.

Just then I heard the door of my house open and so I went in for a big, long, anticipated, passionate kiss. Frank and I started making-out; trying desperately to ignore David.

David didn't seem to register the sight of my boyfriend kissing me. Nope. All he thought about was how much he wanted to hurt Frankie for stealing "his" girl. So, he walked over to us and asked what was going on.

We pulled away from each other and I gasped.

-The hardest part is letting go of your dreams.

A drink for the horror that I'm in,
For the good guys, and the bad guys,
For the monsters that I've been.
Three cheers for tyranny,
Unapologetic apathy,
Cause there ain't no way that I'm coming back again.-

"David, I," I tried to say.

David then punched Frankie and I screamed.

"DAVID STOP IT!!!!!!!" I screamed.

"Whoa, dude. What the hell is your problem??" Frank asked.

"You're mackin' on my girlfriend!!" David screamed.

Frank was appalled. David was enraged. I sank deeper in my seat; trying to become invisible.

"YOUR girlfriend?? She's been mine for 2 years!!" Frank hollered, back at David.

David stared at me and so did Frankie. I then started to cry, again. This was all too much. I couldn't possibly believe what was going on. I had cheated on Frankie....and now David hates me. Ohh gosh, why did this have to happen?? And to top it all off....

"I'm pregnant," I announced, out loud.

Frankie and David both stared at me in shock. David knew, but Frankie didn't. Welcome home, baby. I thought to myself.

"When did this happen??" Frankie asked me.

"I found out earlier tonight. I'm so sorry," I cried.

Frank was too hurt to yell anymore. So he just wrapped his arms around me and held me in a tight embrace. David had walked-off and a trail of cigarette smoke followed him.

"We'll get through this, I promise," Frank said.

"Funny, that's what David tells her all the time," a female voice said.

Frank and I both looked up at a young woman who was walking with her friend.

"Lizzy?? Jess?? Wh-What are you guys doing here??" Frankie asked.

"We couldn't sleep and so we decided to take a walk to the beach," Liz replied.

"Frankie, do you know these girls??" I asked, confused.

Frank put his focus back on me.

"Well I dated Liz during the summer of my Sophomore year of high school and Jess is her best friend. We all met up at camp and just became friends," Frank explained.

"Well, we should be off. Call me sometime Frank. I'd LOVE to tell you what your little girlie friend has been up to while you've been away," Liz said.

I glared at her. As she walked away, the street lights gave me a better view of her appearance. I HAD seen her before. She was there the night David, Desi, Lindsay, Holly, and I all went out for coffee. Aha!! That little rat.

Frankie's mood had changed again. This time he looked like he was crying. A grown soldier like him, hardly EVER shed a tear. Ohh god, I had ruined the best relationship, I've ever been blessed with.

Frankie then stood-up and walked away from me. I just sat there. Alone and miserable.

-And through it all
How could you cry for me?
Cause I don't feel bad about it.
So shut your eyes,
Kiss me goodbye,
And sleep.
Just sleep.

The hardest part's the awful things that I've seen.

[Voice recording:]
"...Sometimes I see flames. And sometimes
I see people that I love dying and... it's always..."

Just sleep.
Just sleep.
Just sleep.
Just sleep.
Just sleep.
Just sleep.

[Screaming:] Wake up!

[Voice recording:]
"And I can't... I can't ever wake up."-
Sign up to rate and review this story