Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Hollywood Hills and Suburban Thrills

Chapter 7

by lil_chica007 3 reviews

the VS show

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-11-24 - Updated: 2007-11-25 - 2026 words - Complete

0Unrated
So I was at work all day, by myself in a room that was about 50 degrees. Besides thinking I may never be warm again, I wrote a whole chapter. It's kind of short, but I didn't know what else to put in it.


All the Fall Out Boy guys were hanging out at Pete’s house. They were supposed to be rehearsing and working on some songs for the new album they would be starting to record in a couple weeks. “How long is she going to do that?” Patrick asked, as they all peered around the corner into the living room. Haley was lying in the middle of the floor doing sit-ups.
“She’s done 500 a day for the past two weeks. The Victoria’s Secret show is tomorrow.” Pete nodded.
“That’s insane.” Andy shook his head.
“It’s making me tired just watching her.” Joe grimaced, taking a bite of his sandwich.
“You know I can hear you.” Haley stood up, coming into the kitchen. “I thought you guys were going to be working.”
“We are. We were mesmerized by your dedication.” Pete kissed her cheek.
“Well, when ba-jillions of people are going to see you walking around in your underwear, you have to make sure bits don’t jiggle.” She shrugged. “Are you guys coming to the show? I can get you tickets. Tim’s coming.”
“Wouldn’t it be kind of weird?” Patrick glanced over at Pete.
“Why? You’ve all seen those pictures of Pete. It’s not any weirder to see his junk that it is to see my underwear.” She smiled.
“I don’t know…” Andy trailed off, as everyone, even Haley, looked over at Pete.
“They should come. Right, Pete?” she stated, very decisively.
“Sure, why not? I’ll be fun. It’s not like anything funny could go on in public.”
“Awesome!” Haley clapped her hands. “It’s going to be so much fun. I get to wear the big wings.”
“Cool. We should go work on these songs, before everyone has to go. We’ll be downstairs.”
“Ok. I have to go do my final fittings and my dress rehearsal. Then they said they have to fix my hair. They’re sending a limo. It should be here in a couple minutes.” She looked over at the clock as the guys all filed out of the room and down the stairs.

“How much longer?” Haley leaned forward and asked the limo driver, she was already ten minutes late.
“Just around the corner, Miss Beckett. I’m sorry about the traffic.” He smiled politely at her in the mirror.
“Is it close enough to just walk? I don’t want to be late.”
“Oh, I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” The light changed and the car inched around the corner and came face-to-face with a mob of photographers standing in the street outside the theater they were going to.
“Who are they all here for?” she asked as the driver went around and opened the door for her. As soon as she stepped out of the car their cameras started flashing. “I guess that answers my question.” She shrugged at the driver and started to push her way to the entrance.
“Iona! Iona!”
“Is this your return to modeling?”
“What can you tell us about your fashion line?”
“The rumor is you disappeared because of a nervous breakdown. Do you want to comment?” they all shoved microphones and cameras into her face.
“I took a vacation. I’ve always loved what I do, but I was ready for a change.” She smiled calmly and entered the building.
“Iona, hi. My name’s Sarah, I’m the head stylist. These are my assistants.” A middle-aged woman approached her, followed by a team of nervous looking girls around Haley’s age all wearing black.
“Hi, I’m so sorry I’m late. Please call me Haley. I don’t know whose idea the stage name was.” She smiled and shook her head.
“Haley. If you’ll come with me, we’ll start your fittings. How do you feel about extensions?” She fluffed at Haley’s shoulder-length hair.
“Sure. Whatever you want.” She followed the woman down the hall and into a room filled with elaborately decorated bras and panties. When Haley left, several hours later, the paparazzi was still waiting, they almost didn’t recognize her, however until the limo pulled around to pick her up. Her mid-back length hair extensions fell over her face, and she had borrowed one of the assistants’ sunglasses. When she finally made it into the car, she sighed in relief. Sitting back, she grabbed a small bottle of whiskey that had been placed on a shelf to one side, and took a long swig. ‘What did I get myself into?’ she thought to herself, taking another gulp before putting the bottle back. As they pulled up to the house, she grabbed a piece of gum and checked her breath for any alcohol smell. There were only two cars in the driveway. Everyone else must have already left, she thought as she stepped out of the car and thanked the driver.

“Hey, how’d it go?” Pete called as he heard the front door open.
“Great. I’m gonna look awesome.” Haley said, coming into the living room, where he was lying on the couch watching The Nightmare Before Christmas. She hopped over him, and squeezed into the space between him and the back of the couch. “How did the songs turn out?”
“Pretty good. We’re definitely ready to start recording. Your hair looks great.” He ran his hand through her hair. He also noticed her cheeks looked a little flushed, but he wasn’t going to say anything that would start an argument about her drinking.”
“Oh, thanks. It took them an hour to figure out how to part my hair to cover as much of the pink as they could.” She tugged on her bangs. “I love this movie.” She focused her attention on the TV, lying down and resting her head on Pete’s shoulder.
“Me too.”
“Especially the songs. I love the one that Jack sings to Sally at the very end.”
“My dearest friend if you don’t mind. I’d like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars. And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain as anyone can see, we’re simply meant to be.” He quoted the verse.
“Yes, it’s so sweet.” She smiled.
“Are you nervous for tomorrow?” He asked, rubbing her back through her shirt.
“Not especially.”
“Really? I’m nervous for you.”
“I’ve been doing this for seven years. And I’ve been doing Victoria’s Secret for four. I have plenty of practice.”
“I saw all the reporters and photographers attacking you earlier on TV. Aren’t you worried that there’s going to be so much extra attention on you, and pressure for you be perfect.” She was silent for a moment.
“Ok, now I’m nervous. Thanks a lot. They’ll all be waiting for me to fail.” She chewed on her nail.
“I wrote a new song.”
“Can I hear it?” she took her finger out of her mouth.
“No.”
“Why not?” she looked up at him, hurt.
“It’s not ready yet. It’s about you.”
“Aww. No one’s written a song about me before.” She smiled, kissing him.

Haley was looking around nervously from her make-up chair, backstage at the show. The more she was primped and polished, the more what Pete said last night freaked her out. “CUPCAKE!” she heard a voice shriek from behind her, and before she knew it, she was wrapped in a huge bear hug.
“Hey, Heidi.” She smiled, trying to spit Heidi Klum’s hair out of her mouth.
“Cupcake, I’m so glad you’re back. What’s your real name? It doesn’t matter, I’m still going to call you Cupcake.” She sat down in the chair next to Haley’s.
“It’s Haley.”
“I heard about what happened. Let me see.” She grabbed Haley’s hand and inspected her arm. “Is that the scar? You can barely see it.”
“What are you talking about? It’s a big pink gash.” She looked at the scars on her other wrist.
“You know, you could have talked to me about anything. You’re my little cupcake, we’re practically sisters.”
“I know. It just got so complicated. I didn’t even think about what I was doing until it was already done.”
“But we’re better now?” Heidi nodded.
“We’re better now.” she smiled. They sat in silence, as they each had their hair done. Suddenly Heidi gasped and held up the magazine she was flipping through.
“Is that your boyfriend?” Haley looked at the large picture of her and Pete coming out of a Starbucks.
“His name’s Pete.” Haley nodded.
“Is he the one from that band? I saw them on Leno or Letterman or someone.”
“Yeah.”
“He’s cute. Short though. You’ll have to wear flats.”
“He’s almost an inch taller than me.” They both got up and went over to the racks where their outfits were hanging.
“Is that yours for the final?” Heidi picked up a bra and corset from Haley’s rack that was covered in black satin and diamonds.
Yeah, isn’t it gorgeous? I wear the big wings with it.”
“You know you’re the centerpiece, right?” Heidi looked at her, as they got dressed.
“What do you mean?”
“Just look at what the other girls are wearing, compared to you. The entire show is based around your return.”
“But what if I had told them I wouldn’t do it?”
“They would have been screwed.”
“But I’ve only been gone for six months. It’s not like they could have missed me.” She laughed.
“Cupcake, you changed this business. You made models real people with personalities on the runway. Without you, we’re just breathing Barbie dolls.”
“FIVE MINUTES!” Someone yelled, through the room.
“Come on.” Heidi grabbed Haley’s arm and pulled her towards the runway. “Is Pete here?”
“Yeah, him and his band all came. For support.”
“Good, I want to meet him. Make sure I approve. He has to be good enough.” Heidi laughed.
“He’s friends with my brother.”
“I want to meet him too, see what kind of family my little Cupcake comes from.”
“Iona, oh my god! I never thought you’d actually show up!” Haley’s former friend, Courtney lined up behind them.
“Hey, what are you doing here?” Haley plastered on a fake smile while Heidi just glared.
“Oh, you know, it was really last minute. They called me a bout a week ago, desperate. But how have you been? I thought you retired” she said sarcastically, emphasizing the word ‘retired’.
“Well they called me too. They were practically begging, so I figured I’d do it as a favor.” Haley shrugged.
“Well, I guess they had to use you before the publicity from your sex tape was over. Are you still pimping yourself out to that guy?”
“No, actually. I’m pimping myself out to his friend.” Her eyes narrowed. A bunch of the other girls started to gather around Courtney with dirty looks on their faces.
“Hey, you know what.” Heidi stepped between them. “You leave Cupcake alone, or you’ll have to answer to all of us. We’re her family.” She gestured to all the other models. “Everyone knows you’re the one who started those rumors about her in Paris. She was 17 years old. Do you have no shame?”
“We all know you tried out five times, and the only reason you’re here is because one of the girls go the flu and you’re the only one with hips big enough to fit in her outfits.” Gisele Bundchen snapped at her. Courtney huffed and flounced off to pout until it was her turn.


Review please.
Sign up to rate and review this story