Categories > TV > CSI > Deadman's Hand

It's a Shame.

by OhSoIntricateLie 1 review

Category: CSI - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2007-11-24 - Updated: 2007-11-25 - 768 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N: I know there isn’t any forensics stuff going on yet and it’s focusing on Kacey a litte too much but it’ll get better. :)

September 25,2006 4:20 p.m.

“Ok Kacey. Do you notice anything missing from the mantle?” Nick asked as they neared the oak wood mantle.

“Um let me see. The jewelry box is still here but the lid is on wrong. Some one moved it,” Kacey replied.

Nick stepped forward and took a good look at the box. Finally he looked at Kacey.

“It looks fine to me.”

Kacey shook her head.

“No, I took my necklace out of it this morning and I placed the lid on with the flower stem pointing towards the wall. This has been placed on here with the stem pointing towards the window over there,” she said.

Nick nodded his head and put his rubber gloves on. Carefully he picked up the box and placed it in a bag.

“Anything else,” he asked?

Scanning the mantle with her eyes after a minute Kacey nodded.

“Yup, right there. Mantle clock. It was small. Small enough to stick in a pocket and get away with. And here’s something that doesn’t belong.”

“What?”

“Piece of brown cloth. It looks like it was snagged on that right there. It has a jagged edge on it,” Kacey pointed.

“Well ok then. Here if you will hold this bag then I’ll just collect that piece,” Nick said silently kicking himself because he thought the piece of cloth was apart of the wood .

“Ok thank you. Anything else,” Nick asked?

“Nope. Hey uh Nick would I get in trouble if I ran upstairs and got something,” Kacey asked?

“No, not if I come with you,” the CSI agent replied.

Nodding Kacey ran up the stairs with Nick right behind her. She opened the door to her room and stepped over her desk and pulled out a manilla folder and picked up some of her forensics books and walked back out into the hallway.

“What is that, if you don’t mind me asking,” Nick asked as the two of them descended the stairs.

“Something that might help yall,” Kacey replied.

“Uh huh, that’s what I thought. Your not from Vegas are you,” Nick asked with a smile.

“Nope I was born in Georgia and lived there for about five years. Why?”

“Your accent and the way you just used yall,” he replied.

“Oh,” Kacey said laughing, “ Hey Nick. What level are you?”

“What level? Three. Why,” Nick questioned?

“I want to be a CSI when I grow up.”

“Oh ok. Here let me see the folder and I’ll give it to our head,” Nick said as Kacey handed him the folder.

They both walked across the grass and Nick handed the folder to Grissom.

“What’s this?”

“Something Kacey thought would help us,” Nick answered.

Grissom’s eyebrows shot up as he looked at the contents.

“Where did you get these?”

“Took them last month. Can they help?”

“I think so. Greg?”

“Yes sir?”

“Take Kacey with you to HQ and give this to Hodges.”

“What about Emmy,” Kacey asked? “My grandparents live over there.”

“We’ll take her to them then. Warrick,” Grissom said.

“Yes?”

“Take her over to that house over there and you and Catherine interview the grandparents.See if they know anything. You do that and I’ll check out some of the other neighbors.”

Nodding Warrick took Emmy and he and Catherine headed towards the house.

Detective Brass walked over to Grissom ,where he was looking at the copies of the pictues that Kacey had taken of the shoe imprint and tire skidmarks.

“Well Gil, looks like all of your CSIs are here,” Brass said noting Sara and Nick inside the house, Warrick and Catherine heading towards the grandparents and Greg opening the door for Kacey to the Denali..

“Yeah, well this is a big case. The woman who was murdered here today lost her husband, a police officer, Richie Johnson a year ago.”

Brass shook his head in disgust.

“Now those two girls only have their grandparents and any aunts and uncles there may be. Shame.”

“Yup,” Gil Grissom replied as he ducked under the crime scene tape and across the street.

A/N: Feel free to slap me in any of the following chapters if I go into detail on too many things that may not be completely relevant.. I try not to but I've been told detail is my stong point and sometimes I might get a little carried away. Thanks!
Sign up to rate and review this story