Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Love Will Tear Us Apart

Chapter 6: Between The Lines

by patricksgirl84 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-11-24 - Updated: 2007-11-25 - 1886 words

0Unrated
Patrick walked into Bobbie's room. "Hi Bobbie." "Hi Patrick. Who is with you?" "This is our son. Kyle and our daughter Sarah and my mom." "Hi mommy. Daddy said you don't remember us." "No I don't. I'm going to try really hard though. How are you doing?" "Good. We are staying at Grandma's." Bobbie looked at Patricia. "All the kids miss you." "I do remember staying at your house for Christmas." "That was when you and Patrick first started dating. How are you feeling?" "Okay. I guess. I just want to remember things." "We are all here for you." "Thank you."

"Mommy, when are you going to come home?" "I don't know. Soon I hope. How old are you?" Kyle looked at Patrick. "He's three. I'm going to be starting school next year." "You must be excited?" Kyle giggled. "Do you want to hold Sarah?" Patrick asked. "Yes, can I?" "You don't need to ask." Patrick put Sarah into Bobbie's arms. "She's beautiful. She has such dark hair. Do any of our children have dark hair?" "Um, no. Most of them are cursed with my reddish hair." "Stop it. I love the color of your hair." She smiled.

Bobbie took Sarah's hand. "She is such a cutie." She kissed Sarah. "We have two other children right?" "Yes, Eric and Grace." "We adopted Eric. Am I right? He was one of my students." "Yes, he's 15 and Grace is 5. Here is a picture of the children and us from last Christmas." A hour later Patricia took Kyle and Sarah home. "Thank you for bringing the children to see me." "They miss you. Even Sarah does."

Patrick sat on the bed. He took Bobbie's hands into his. "Have you remembered anything today?" "Not really. There are bits and pieces that I remember, but others I have no idea of. Like the children." "Do you remember why you tried to kill yourself?" "No." "We had a fight. Um, I don't know how to tell you this. Do you remember Ryan at all?" "No." "You slept with him. Your mom died and I wasn't there for you, but Ryan was. I seen you two, but didn't say anything until the other day. I said some hurtful things to you and you wanted me to leave. I was packing when you were in the bathroom cutting. I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. I should of been there for you."

"Oh Patrick. Come here." He went into her arms. Patrick was crying. "I'm sorry, Bobbie. I'm so sorry." "Patrick, it's not your fault. I shouldn't of slept with Ryan. Was I a good person, Patrick? That's what I'm afraid of. That I wasn't good to you. Well, I guess I wasn't. I mean I slept with another man." "You were very good to me. We are just going through a rough time. There is something else. It's about Sarah. We don't know if she is mine. I'm waiting for Ryan, so we can get a DNA test." "That's why she doesn't look like you. Isn't it?" "We don't know yet. Don't get ahead of yourself. If it comes back that she isn't mine, I'm still going to raise her with you. She is my daughter."

Bobbie hugged Patrick. "How did I ever get so lucky?" "I ask myself that everyday." Patrick said. "Do you remember Pete and Megan?" "A little bit. I remember sleeping with Pete when we broke up." She looked down. "Do I sleep with everyone to hurt you?" "Baby, we were broken up and I slept with Allison. We were both hurting then with losing the baby." "Why do I remember Hayley so clearly. I feel like we raised her and she's here." "I don't know. She has come to us in dreams. I haven't dreamed of her in awhile. I miss those dreams." Bobbie kissed Patrick. He looked at her. "Shouldn't I of kissed you?" "I love your kisses. I just didn't know if you were ready." He smiled. "I'm going to get a snack. I didn't get breakfast." "Alright. I'll be here." She laughed. Patrick kissed her and left to go to the cafeteria.

Bobbie laid down and closed her eyes. A few minutes later her heard someone say her name. "Bobbie." She looked up. "Who are you?" "It's Ryan. Don't you remember me?" "No. I lost some of my memory. You are the man I cheated on with Patrick." "Yes. It happened only once." "It doesn't matter. I hurt him." "I know. I'm sorry. I should of stop it. I always was attracted to you. I should of just known we would be nothing more than friends." "Have you seen a picture of Sarah?" "No. Do you have one?" "Yeah. Patrick brought a picture today. I don't remember the children." "I'm sorry." "Here is the picture. It was taken at Christmas." "She beautiful. All the children are."

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Patrick came into the room. Ryan looked at Patrick. "Um, I thought you were here. I came for the test." "What are you doing in my wife's room?" "Patrick, it's nothing. I just wanted to talk to both of you." Patrick punched Ryan. Ryan fell down. "Patrick! Stop this. He just talked to me." Ryan stood up. "I guess I deserved that." "How long are you here for? I want to get this test over." "I'm here for a week." "Okay. I'll talk to a nurse to see when we can get this done. I'll be right back." Patrick left the room. "I'm sorry, Ryan. Patrick shouldn't of hit you." "He's going through a lot. I can't blame him." Patrick came back. "They actually can do the test now. We need to go to the lab." "Alright. It was nice to talk to you Bobbie. Take care." "Bye." "I'll be back, Bobbie." Patrick said. "Okay. Good luck. I want Sarah to be yours." "I know. I love you." Patrick kissed her.

After Ryan and Patrick left the Doctor came in. "How are you doing today?" "Alright. I just want to remember." "It will come. I want you to see the psychiatrist when you get out. We have made an appointment for you for next week. I am going to release you tomorrow. Do you think you will be alright at home or do you think you would like to go to the Behavioral Health Unit?" "No, I want to be with Patrick." "If at any times you get urges or thoughts of suicide I want you to talk to Patrick or call the ER." "I will." "Well, I'll see you tomorrow to release you. Have a good rest of the day." "Thank you."

After the Doctor left Bobbie went to sleep. When she woke up Bobbie looked over and Patrick was sleeping in the chair. "Patrick, wake up." Patrick opened his eyes. "Hey sweetie." "How did the test go?" "Alright. We won't know the results until tomorrow." "Oh. I'm sorry." "Don't you worry about it. Things will work out." "The doctor came by. I'm going to be released tomorrow." "That's great." Patrick walked over to Bobbie. "I can't wait until you get home. The kids will be so happy to see you." "I can't wait to see them." "I want to ask you something. I know you do remember me, but not things of recent. But would you want a separate room?" "Not at all. You always make me feel safe." Patrick smiled.

Patrick stayed until visitor's hours were over and went home. He sat on the couch and closed his eyes when the phone rang. "Hello?" "Patrick, it's Allison." "Hi, what's going on?" Since everything that had happened in the past Allison was still in contact with Patrick and Bobbie. Even though Bobbie didn't like it. "Nothing. Just thought I would call you. Haven't talked to you or Bobbie for awhile." "Bobbie is in the hospital." "Oh no. Is she alright?" "Not really. I really don't want to get into it." "Patrick, if you ever need a friend I'm here." "I know. It's just a little strange talking to my ex about things with my wife." "I understand." "So, how are you and Dan?" "We broke up. He was cheating on me. I guess I'm paying for what I did to you. I know Bobbie will never do that to you." Patrick laughed.

"Why are you laughing?" "But she did." "What? Are you sure?" "I seen it, Allison. That's why she's in the hospital. We had a fight and she tried to kill herself and now she can't remember. I want to be mad, but I feel like a jerk with her not remembering things." "Oh Pattycakes." "Don't call me that." "I'm sorry." "There won't be anything between us because of this. So get it out of your head. I ruined our relationship with you once and I'm not going to do it again." "I know. You and Bobbie belong together. I know that." "Allison, it's been a long day. I really just want to go to bed." "Alright. Call if you need anything." "Yeah." Patrick hung up and shook his head. "She'll never change."

The next morning Patrick did some cleaning and then went to the hospital. Bobbie was all dressed and was sitting in the bed. "Hi sweetheart." "Patrick, how are you doing?" Patrick kissed her on the lips. "Good now. When can you leave?" "Soon. I signed the papers and I'm just waiting for my prescription. Have you heard anything about the DNA test?" "Not yet." "What if Sarah isn't yours Trick?" "I don't know. I'm so scared." "Me too. I'm sorry that I'm putting us through this." "We'll get through it. I know we will." The nurse came in and gave Bobbie her prescription. Patrick drove Bobbie home.

"Well, this is home." "Where are the children?" "Probably upstairs. I had Eric watch them. Let's go upstairs." Patrick took her hand and they went upstairs. They went to Eric's room. "Mommy!" Grace ran to Bobbie. "Hi sweetheart. You're Grace, right?" "Yeah and that's Eric over there. Sarah is sleeping." Bobbie bent down and hugged Grace. "I missed you." "I missed you too. I'm glad that you are home." "I missed you too, Mom. Have you remembered anything?" "Not yet. My memories are all bunched up. I remember you as a ten year old though." Eric looked down. "It will get better. The doctor said that I should get my memory back in a month or two." "Okay. That's good." "Mommy, are you staying home now?" "Yes, Kyle. I don't have to go to the hospital." "That's good." "I think I'm going to lay down for a little bit. I'm still really tired." "Okay. Do you remember where the bedroom is?" Patrick asked. "Yes. I'll see you all later." Bobbie left and went to the bedroom. "Will she ever remember, Dad?" Eric asked. "I hope so. The doctor thinks she will. I'm going to go check on Sarah."

Patrick went and checked on Sarah. She was sleeping. Patrick then went to the living room and sat on the couch. He felt so lost. He didn't know what to do. The phone rang. "Hello?" "Is this Patrick Stump?" "Yes, it is." "We have your results of the DNA Test."
Sign up to rate and review this story