Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Silver Feather

Late night Conversations

by someonerandom 0 reviews

Luke, Matt and Sophie have a discussion on what they are going to do.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2007-11-25 - Updated: 2007-11-26 - 518 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4

It was with a heavy heart and a great deal of foreboding that the siblings parted that night.

“It’s not fair!” Matt grumbled as he sat on the edge of his sister’s bed with his chin resting on the heels of his hands, watching her pack.

“No. It isn’t.” Sophie said quietly. Just then Luke burst in.

“I don’t believe it!” he yelled

“What is it?” his siblings asked him

“Apparently I’m to be sent along with our “Neighbours to the North” in order to learn how to do the smith-craft.” He told them bitterly.

“Smith Craft?” his sister exclaimed. “Why on earth should she send you to do that?”

“Because she knows I’ll hate it! That’s not all though. She’s using Erick and Alirick’s fight to send Erick away to our southern allies in order to “calm” down and get some quality time to himself.”

“Wait a moment, not the Arasis desert!” Sophie asked with growing dread. At Luke’s nod she cried “But Erick HATES hot weather! It makes him irritable.”

“We know that, and I think she does too.” The boy replied.

“At least you’ll be able to get away from her.” Mat grumbled. I’m stuck here and SHE hasn’t let me go into the village so I don’t have any friends any more!”

“You’ll make friends, don’t worry.”

“Yeah, cause I’m desperate to jump into a game of tag with one of the earl’s children!” Matt sad sarcastically.

“You shouldn’t make fun f them” Luke muttered, still upset about his own placement.

“But it’s just so not to!” Matt whined ‘All they do is sit and prove what pompous little idiots they are with their ‘well my castle’s bigger than yours’ stuff!”

The conversation went on like this for a while until Ryan entered the room. For a few minutes they conversed about how much they would miss each other until the oldest in the room leaned in close,

“I’m not going.” He whispered.

“What do you mean ‘not going’?” Luke hissed.

“I’m not going to kill people who are no more guilty than we are, because it's not like I’ll be going up against raiders, these people have done nothing to us.”

“But…father’s not backing down.” Sophie pointed out “Surely you cannot mean…” she stopped, unable to continue the sentence.

“Yes it does. But it is not as if I am of any importance to the line of succession. I’m 4th in line, my brothers are all strong and healthy, not to mention that I don’t the throne from any of them. I’ll simply disappear. I’m leaving tonight.”

“No you’re not!” said a familiar voice as the door creaked open and in entered… … …

A.N: Ok, this is kind of short, but I didn’t get that much time this weekend and decided to just put in a short chapter in time for when I said I would. Aren’t I nice?
Sign up to rate and review this story