Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Roxanna

Love

by xxACoalminexx 3 reviews

Roxanna gets interrogated...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-11-26 - Updated: 2007-11-27 - 957 words

0Unrated

“I’m Detective Phillip Love, of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and you’re going to need to answer a few questions today.”

The dark, hard jawed man in front of me flashed an FBI badge. I sat across his desk in the main office with my arms tightly folded to my chest. Love? Ha! The name completely opposed his personality. I nodded politely and smiled at him. Maybe I could charm my way out of this.

“Mister Zachary Jenkins was found dead yesterday.”

I pulled my best innocent little girl face, “Oh my gosh, really?”

“Yes and I’m very sure you knew that already,” he paused, waiting for a reaction from me that he never got, “The FBI found a black t-shirt hanging outside the house by a nail.”

I gripped the arm of my chair. I had forgotten all about that!

“Uh...and you’re sure I’m the only one who could own a black t-shirt?” I asked.

“Miss Saffron,” he leaned forward, “Did you kill Mister Jenkins?”

I rested my elbows on the table and looked directly into his nearly black eyes, “No.”

“We found fingerprints on him, Miss Saffron. They are being inspected to see if they match yours,” he stared straight back.

I was speechless now. That must have been from when I checked his pulse. Fuck, why hadn’t I remembered any of this? I breathed in deeply. I held it like that. Maybe I’d pass out and Office Love would feel sorry for me.

He looked satisfied, now that I was shaken, “We also know that there was somebody with you; a male of about seventy inches in height, with black hair and pale skin. We have a witness who saw you two climbing out the window. Would you like to confess now?”

All the breath held in my lungs went out in a gasp. Gerard. No, no, no...I couldn’t get him in trouble too. I should just turn myself in. A part of my brain urged me to do so—for Gerard’s sake. But why should I? Just for some guy? But he wasn’t just some guy. I was having a mental fight. My selfish side thankfully won out.

“I didn’t kill him. I swear on my life, I did not kill Old Man Jenkins,”

My voice came out shrill and unconvincing. What was happening to me? Why the hell was I so scared? It was not like I’d never been to jail before. I looked at my hand. It was shaking violently on the desk top. I took short breaths, in and out, in and out. It calmed me down a little.

Officer Love raised his bushy eyebrows, “Miss Saffron, the odds are against you. Once we get those fingerprints back, you’re pretty much done for. You may leave now. Your mother is waiting in the school lobby. She’d like a few words with you before you return to class.”

Helena was here? I cursed under my breath. I wasn’t in the mood for one of her disappointed looks.

I pulled myself up slowly, “Wh-what do I do to prove that I didn’t do it?”

He shrugged, “Get a lawyer?”

I nodded. That was what I would do. I’d get myself a decent lawyer somehow. And then everything would be all right. I walked unsteadily to the lobby, repeating this over and over again to soothe myself. Helena was sitting on a chair in the corner, lips pursed and blue eyes stony. I made myself over to her while staring at the floor tiles.

“Look at me,” she said sharply.

I tilted my head up, meeting her furious glance only slightly.

“Roxanna...I don’t know what to say to you...this is the worst you’ve ever done in all these years...”

I bit my lip. She was forgetting about something...

“I mean, really! How could you kill somebody? Especially some harmless old man? I can’t believe you. I‘m very disappointed, young lady. I don’t think I can handle you anymore...” she shook her head, “Your things are in the car...Take them to your locker. I don’t want you home tonight.”

My eyes stretched wide. She couldn’t do that. She wouldn’t. I knew she disliked me, the feeling was mutual. But for the devil’s sake! I was her daughter! How could she kick me out? I stared in disbelief at her. Her face held no regret, no sorrow. She didn’t feel bad about this at all. My whole body was trembling now. My knees buckled and I fell onto them in front of my mother. I put my arms on her lap as tears threatened to start rolling down my cheeks.

“I didn’t kill him,” I told her, “Helena...Mom...I didn’t kill Old Man Jenkins, trust me. I just...I need some time okay? I can prove that I didn’t do it. If you help me now, I’ll never lie to you ever again about anything. Not even if I’m having sex while I’m supposed to do homework. I promise. But please just believe me this once. Don’t kick me out.”

Her face was blank.

“Please Helena,” I whispered.

“I wish I could believe you Rox...” she ran her cool fingers through my hair, “I’m sorry. Come get your stuff.”

I shut my eyes, begging for this nightmare to be over. This was by far the worst day of my life.

__________________________________________

Thank you SO much everyone who reviewed. I wouldn't have kept going unless I got you guys'comments. Thanks.

Read/Review please.

Love much,
Coal
Sign up to rate and review this story