Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Clandestine Industries Presents: disasteRomance

picture perfect

by killxsmile 18 reviews

less than three. think about it.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-11-29 - Updated: 2007-11-29 - 1693 words

0Unrated
Author's Note: Your feedback never ceases to amaze me. As usual Shoutouts go to the following for their reviews'o'plenty:

x_slowdown - new reviewer! -pops a bottle of champagne- thanks for the review, yo!
SugarPlumFaerie - oh, there will be soabe in this chapter. i bet my patrick stump sweat towel on it. ;)
pyrotechnist - oh, joetroh. i'd love to see him smoking oregano. i can only imagine the pizza cravings it would cause.
glindapsawyer - lol. i'll try to put guy ripley in somewhere.
bindie611 - lmao. i wonder what a vampire would do if i threw oregano at him...
mooniexmisfit - that means you're a cool kid.
dflip07 - don't worry. gabanti action is fast approaching.
jewsicax - joe - weed = funny. joe + weed = EVEN FUNNIER. have fun with this chapter.
XXPoeticTragedyXX - welcome back!
rainydaykid13 - you bit someone? lmao. props to you.
Lizzard - lol. i seriously have no idea how i came up with nate's oregano explanation. maybe i was a little high, myself...
lil_chica007 - soap and gabe are coming your way. hope you like this one.
astrozombie28 - hehe. hair stroking = LOVE.

26: p i c t u r e p e r f e c t

-----
Soap’s POV

While Cobra Starship was on stage doing their thing, I found myself wandering around backstage.

“Hey, Sophie,” Joe said, coming up behind me. “Guess what?”
“What?” I asked, curious.
“I can pat my head and rub my belly. At the same time.
“Really?” I said, playing along. It was evident that the marijuana had kicked in.
“Yeah, watch!”

He was in fact able to accomplish the task, but started walking into a wall as he did so.

“Oww. Why are walls so… angular?” he asked as if it were a reasonable question. “I mean, it hurts when you walk into them. There should be some kind of padding. Corner padding. They’d be soft if there was padding… Mmm. Padding. Paddington. He was a bear with a raincoat and a dream… I think. Wait. Maybe it was Clifford. He had a dream… but no raincoat. Who’s that guy that made that speech about a dream”?
“Martin Luther Kind Jr.?”
“No, the tall skinnyish fat man with a beard that he shaved off. You know… the guy.”

He waved his arms in the air, trying to get his point across, but stopped abruptly as if mesmerized by his own hands.

“Woah… My fingers. It’s like they’re alive .”
“Riiight. I think you should go take a nap. You’re gonna have to play some music later on.”
“Music? I like music. Hey, I can play music!” He took my hand, and led me to the rack of guitars on the side of the stage. After grabbing an acoustic one, he took my hand and started walking toward the dressing rooms. He stopped at the end of the hallway and sat cross-legged on the floor. Before I could even question his actions, he started strumming ‘The Kids Are All Fucked Up.’

I’ve seen him do this before, but it never ceased to amaze me. He could probably smoke a pound of weed before it would start to effect his guitar playing.

“Soap, could you sing while I play?” he asked, still strumming. “I think it would sound pretty.”

I nodded and jumped into the second verse.

“The city’s asleep and the world is mine
We hide and go seek
And you know they’ll never ever, ever find us.

They don’t know about us
Everyone’s asleep when we play
Yeah, the kids are all fucked up
Now it’s too late to go, it’s getting light out
I know you don’t wanna sleep here alone
Just take it easy…”
-----

After finishing up the song, Joe looked up at me a smiled. “See, really pretty.”

I helped him off the ground and he handed the guitar to me.

“Could you put this back? I’ve gotta find something to eat.”
“Yeah, no problem.”
“Thanks.”

He wrapped me in a quick hug before heading to one of the catering tables.

“Hey Soap!” Brendon called as I passed by their dressing room. “Since you already have a guitar, you wanna join the jam session?”
“Sure.”

I smiled as Ryan made some space for me on the couch.

“Brendon was gushing about your pipes earlier.”
“I’m alright, I guess,” I said, shrugging.
“Trust me, you’re way better than just ‘alright’.”

Glancing up at him, I blushed. Brendon offered me a smile, then he and Ryan continued strumming random songs.

“You guys know this one?” I asked, playing the intro of Moshi Moshi.
They nodded and quickly joined in.

I think I’m crazy, baby, let you off the hook to easy
If you were a telephone, you’d still be off the hook
This is my last leg
Been awake for days
In a minute I’ll die of starvation.
I’ll come back a ghost if I can haunt you and float around your room

What do I do when you get close?
If I kissed your neck, would you slit my throat?
Are you thinking of me when you’re putting on your makeup, darling
And dying your hair like you do?
Well you’re just wasting your time if you’re trying to impress me
I waste all my time just thinking of you…


-----
Gabe’s POV

After we finished up our set, I watched from the side of the stage as roadies passed out set lists and switched out Nate’s drum kit.

“Damn, it’s gonna be hard to top that,” Patrick said, picking up his guitar.
“I’m sure you’ll manage.”

I gave him a pat on the shoulder, then headed further backstage. As I got closer to the dressing rooms, the sound of acoustic guitars filled the air. Vicky, Jon, Ryland and Nate were already standing in the doorway when I got there.

“Everything we had
Is no longer there, longer there,”
Ryan sang.

“Well you saw for yourself the way it played out
For you I am blinded
For you I am blinded
For you…”
Brendon came in.

“I am no gentleman
I can be a prick
And I do regret, more than I admit
You have been followed
Back to the same place I
Sat with you drink for drink
Take the pain out of loving and love won’t exist,”
Sophie sang, then Brendon and Ryan joined in for the last few lines.

“Everything we had
Everything we had
Everything we had
Everything we had…

I’ll be with you wherever you go
Through the eyes of a fly on the wall…”


We all clapped as they took a bow.

“This next one goes out to a certain keytar player and her mandal-wearing boyfriend,” Brendon said. “We could all learn a thing or two about love from them.”

Vicky smiled as Jon pulled her close and kissed the side of her head.

“Fly me to the moon
Let me sing among those stars
Let me see what spring is like
On Jupiter and Mars

In other words, hold my hand
In other words, baby kiss me…”


-----

After finishing their Sinatra cover, Sophie’s ears suddenly perked up and she set the guitar on the couch.

“And now for a brief intermission as I go and watch Fall Out Boy’s set.”
“Hold on, I’ll come with,” I said.
“Okay, cool.”

As she bobbed her head to the beat, I couldn’t help but notice the huge smile on her face.

We’re the new face of failure
Prettier and younger but not any better off…


“What’s so special about this part of the set?” I asked as we walked toward the side of the stage.

“I’m Like a Lawyer is one of my favorite songs,” she simply replied.
“Mind if I ask why?”
“It reminds me of something Patrick said. ‘Every band always tells you to raise your middle finger, for fuck this, fuck that. But we think that’s boring. We want you to hold up your ring finger because there is someone out there in this world that wants to sleep next to you every night’,” she quoted. “Call me a hopeless romantic, but it’s nice to know that people feel that way about love…”

“What if someone felt that way about you?” I asked.
“Well, they’d probably be really drunk…or high…or a combination of the two, so I wouldn’t be able to take them seriously,” she joked. “…But if they weren’t, I would think it was sweet.”
I bit my lip. “…I’m not drunk or high. What if I felt that way about you?”

Sophie looked up at me, searching my eyes. Her smile grew wider, so I guessed that she found what she was looking for.

“If you felt that way about me, I’d do this…”
Standing on her tiptoes, she pressed her lips against mine.

Me and you
Setting in a honeymoon
If I woke up next to you, If I woke up next to you
Me and you (honeymoon)
Setting in a honeymoon


While Patrick continued singing in the background, Sophie wrapped her arms around my neck and I rested my hands on the small of her back.

Me and you
Setting in a honeymoon
If I woke up next to you, If I woke up next to you
Me and you (honeymoon)
Setting in a honeymoon


She slowly pulled away and I rested my forehead against hers.

Honeymoon…

As the last chords of the song echoed throughout the venue, Sophie smiled.

“I-- Wow…”

A bright flash momentarily stole my attention.
This time, Dirty was behind the camera lens.

“Yep,” he said, looking at the screen. “You two are definitely in love.”

-----
Yeah. They finally kissed.

REVIEW and or AIM me @ Disast3rous with your feedback.

Call me a dork, but words can't describe how giddy I am when my inbox is filled with mail from admin@ficwad.com.
Sign up to rate and review this story