Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > London beckoned songs about lovers and this was the best I could do.

Chapter Two

by MOTHMANVASQUEZ 0 reviews

Joe vs. his family Joe vs. the world

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2007-12-03 - Updated: 2007-12-03 - 755 words

0Unrated
Chapter Two
“Anybody know where Joe is?”
I sighed, looking at the door of my bedroom. Any second now one of my brothers was going to burst through that door, interrupting my not-so-peaceful sanctuary.
“He’s sulking in his room,” I heard my say from somewhere down the hall. I’m sulking now, am I? I sighed, pressing my forehead against the cool glass window pane. What I wouldn’t give to fall through this window and out into the world I saw beneath me.
“Joe!” Frankie said, bursting threw the door to my room. I turned towards him, fighting down the groan that was pushing up into my throat.
“What Frank?” I asked, trying not to sound to short or mean.
“Will you take me to the store, mom says i can get a new toy.”
I did groan now. That was just want i wanted, to take my kid brother to the store so he could get more toys. “No, Frankie. Make Kevin do it.”
“No. Mom says you have to.” He said, pouting at me. I groaned, standing up. It seemed like the only time I was ever let out of the house was to ship my brothers somewhere. I’m 18 and not even aloud to move out.
I followed Frankie out of my room, trying to avoid the den where my mom was working. That didn’t work.
“Joseph, come in here for a moment.” She called out to me from the desk she was sitting at.
I screamed inside my head, but plastered a fake smile on my face as I walked inside the room. I could be moody with Frankie he wouldn’t notice or care, but mom would expect me to be the same chipper person I used to be. Thing was though, I’d lost him awhile back. “Ya mom?”
“Joseph, I’m worried about something.” That figures, when are you not? She studied me with calculating eyes, a small frown on her lips.
“What's up mom?” I asked, hating the forced peppiness in my voice.
“I don’t know, Joe. You tell me. You never seem to do anything but sit in your room. You never hang out with your friends. I can’t remember the last time I saw you with a girl. Is something wrong Joe?”
I sighed, ya there was something wrong. My so called ‘friends’ where all to faced jerks who wanted to hang around with me cause I'm Kevin Jonas’s little brother. Popular, cool Kevin, with the perfect grades and the perfect girls. How could I ever compare to that? But would my mother ever understand that? No, of coarse not. “No mom, nothings wrong.”
“Well, okay then. Take your brother to the store.”
I walked out of the room without a goodbye, knowing i’d been dismissed. I climbed into the drivers seat of my old beat up car, Frankie had already loaded himself into the back seat. With a gentle hand i persuaded the car to start, before backing out of the drive way. Frankie talked about something the enter way to the store, but i tuned him out. I didn’t really care about his newest fad, or the fact his school was ‘stupid’. I just let him talk.
I pulled my old convertible up in front of the local general store and watched Frankie hop out and run inside. He new what he wanted and mom gave him money, so he didn’t need me.
As I sat in my car outside the store a crazy idea popped into my head. I was just sitting here, in a car, with nothing to stop me or hold me down. I quickly pulled out my phone before i had time to think and talk myself out of this.

Kev, cum pic up frank at the store. Im going.

I put threw my phone into the passenger seat and threw the car into reverse, backing out of the parking lot. I started driving to ward the highway exit, forcing myself not to think.
I didn’t relax until i was a good 20 minutes outside of my town. Then my brain caught up with my actions. I’d just driven off, leaving my little brother stranded in a store. I was 18 years old and on the road with nowhere to go but back, and i certainly wasn’t going back there. I had nothing but the cloths on my back and my credit card. And i’d never felt happier.
Sign up to rate and review this story