Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > My Heart Is the worst Kind Of Weapon

Chapter 8: I took a shot and didnt even come close

by dasiaRAWR 3 reviews

rate or review please

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2007-12-04 - Updated: 2007-12-05 - 1837 words

1Original
"Ray, what are you doing friday?" I asked Renee. She thought for a moment.
"I was gonna go out with Max, why?" she replies."Oh my gosh! Are you going with That Matt guy? We could double date." i shook my head no. "Do you guys wanna go to Pete and Joe's show?" I asked.
She Thought for a moment. "Yeah, why not." I grinned. "But only under one condition." she continues. I groaned. "Let me do your hair and make-up just in case Matt happens to show." I realized what she was planning. "No. Do Not Ivite Him." Renee frowned. "I'm still doing your hair then" she mumbled.

Friday came fast. And i didn't mind. I decided despite the odds, I was gonna jump at any chance I got with Pete. To tell him, how I felt. Even if he didnt feel the same. Renee picked out this really cute top for me to wear. She got mad when I put a hoodie over it, but I couldn't help myself. I wasnt used to feeling so...exposed I guess. Other than that, I didnt complain much when she straightened my hair. It felt unusual, but I could get used to my hair being loose.
"Your in a good mood, for once" Renee says parting my hair. I was in the mirror making faces. The stitches were still in my lip. I didnt know how long they were gonna be there, but it didnt bother me. Renee stared at me. "Are you sure your ok?" she asked. I smiled and she rolled her eyes cotinuing to do my hair.
Eyeliner time! This time I followed her every direction and she was done in no time. "Please take off that hoodie" she begs. I zipped it up, shaking my head no. "then what's the point of wearing the shirt."she says. I shrugged. "I'll zip it down time from time, ok." She half-smiled."come on" I say. Renee grabbed her stuff and headed out the door too.
"Mommm!" I shout going down the steps. "She's not here, dumbass" Nate says. I closed my eyes trying to hold back. "alright, I'll be back later" I finally say. He sat up on the couch. "Where are you going?" he asks. I ignored him and slightly open the door. He slammed it shut. "I asked you a question." he says. I looked over at Renee who stared at Nate and me nervously. Renee was my bestfriend, so I thought she shouldnt see how much of an asshole Nate can be."I'm going out" I tell him calmly.
"I can obviously see that" he snapped back.
"Ok. We got invited to Pete and Joe's show." Nate went to reply but I cut him off. "Yes. Your friends invited me. Who knows? Maybe they prefer me over you." Nate looked down. I knew I got him mad. That was one of my specialties, knowing how to push people's buttons. "So. What's gonna happen now" I say slowly, "Renee and I are going to go. Unlike you, we actually have something to do with our Friday night. " Nate looked at Renee. I knew if she wasnt there, we would've gotten into a fight a long time ago.
"Dad gets off early, please be late." he says as he walks further away. I closed the door behind me.

The tiny place where the show was held, was crowded with teens. I think they might have oversold, being the entire place is general admission.
'Let's get up front"Max says guiding Renee and me through the crowd."You know there's really no rush to get there. I'm pretty sure all the bands suck" i tell them.
"But it's more fun in the front or middle." Max explains to me. Renee eyes widened. "Your not gonna go crazy and mosh all over the place, right?" she asks Max. Max grinned. "No!" she exclaimed. He smiled wider and dragged her further in the crowd. I couldnt keep up and they drifted further away.
"RAY!" I yelled. She looked back. I pointed to the front where I'll be.She nodded ok. "OR I'LL BE WITH ONE OF THE GUYS!" I tell her. She nodded again and disappeared into the crowd.
I looked around unsure of what to do. It was only 8:00 and the first act didt come on until another 50 minutes.
A few times, I saw a couple of guys glance at me and I smiled back uncomfortable. Renee would've made me talked to them.
I sighed and walked around a couple of times. Eventually, Joe spotted me. "Hey! Over here." he says at the concession stand. I greeted him with a hug. Once, he got the waters for the band, I followed him to the front. I looked ahead. "Are you sure the other bands won't mind if I'm back there?" I asked nervously.
'Who cares' he says helping me up a steep stair. "Your cool, Dasia." I smiled.
He guided me through the backstage. I looked around observing every detail. All the bands were in one room. we walked over to a familiar face, Pete. He stared at me for a moment and looked away shyly. I must've scared him somehow. I dont know
"This is Dasia." Pete says to his bandmates. the other two said hi. "Hi" I smiled at the guys I didnt know.As much as I attended the shows, I never learned their names or got to meet them. Joe handed them the waters and gave me one also. "Thanks " I muttered.
Pete nudged one of the guys. "Get up!" he tells him. He got up and offered me to sit on the amp. "Uhh....it's ok." i say blushing slightly. I looked away and focused on other things going on in the room.
I eventually sat on the amp and joe had his headphones plugged in his amp, practicing for the show. The other guys went back out to get something to snack on.
"Not exactly glamorous, but it's a start." Pete says tuning his bass.
this was my chance to try and tell him.
"Yup, everyone starts out somewhere." i reply looking at the other amateur bands. I looked back at him and he smiled. I loved that smile. Something about it, made it his only. Like he was the only one who could pull it off.
"Maybe, years from now, we'll book tours instead of gigs." he sighs. OK! my chance. "Wentz," I say. He stopped tuning his bass. "Yeah?". I looked at him and freaked out. "how many bands are playing?" i end up saying. Pete raised his eyebrow. "5 bands. It says it on the flyer." he says.
'oh. yea. forgot." i babbled. this continued until the other guys returned. I would build up the courage to say "I'm totally obsess with you" and instead I would ask something stupid like "What's the difference between a bass and a regular guitar?" or "When do your band go on?" I enjoyed our long conversation, but it wasnt going where I wanted. I couldnt talk about how I felt.
The first band went out on stage. They were not-so bad. But The second one was horrible. I watched the bands play, fascianted by the music put together even if it wasnt the best. Once the third band got off, It was time for Pete and Joe's band to perform. I waited patiently and watched them setup their equipment. I looked out from the side to find Renee on Max's shoulders.They were in the middle of the crowd, as planned. I laughed as she waved cheerfully. She leaned down and whispered into Max's ear. He turned and noticed me. 'meet here after show' i mouthed to her. She nodded. I turned my attention back to what was going o backstage. Teens hurried. Taking their instruments out the way. Packing their stuff. Pete walked over to me. He was excited.
"Guess what!?" he says. I was dumb-struck."umm...what?"
"Tim doesnt want to do lead vocals tonight. They're giving me a chance to." he revealed. I was thrilled for him. He was really looking forward to it.
"I'm kinda nervous" he says.
'Don't be" I advised him, not realizing i had his hand in mine. he looked down at our hands, skeptical. He pulled his away slowly and I stood there awkward, fidgeting with the zipper to my hoodie.
"I gotta do a sound check" he tells me. I wanted to kill myself for freaking him out.

I was nervous for Pete when I saw him grab the microphone. Renee looked over at me, her jaw dropped, and pointing to Pete. I knew what she was thinkg? 'Don't you know him from somwhere?'

Pete spoked into the microphone. "How you guys doing?" he says casually. There was some respectful cheers from the crowd. He laughed. "Yeah, My first time trying out lead vocals." More cheers came. "Ladies and gentlemen, I'm Peter Wentz and this is First Born." The drumsticks clicked 3 times before the song started.
I looked out into the crowd, who seemed to be enjoying the intro so far. Pete opened his mouth to sing.
I smiled. He wasnt bad. the crowd surfers went crazy when the screamo part came. I watched people dancing and acting idiotic, and in the back of my mind, I kept thinking it feels good from this point of view. I wondered how it felt to be on the stage. I wanted that rush of adrenaline. But I knew i was letting my imagiation run wild. Never would I build up the guts to be on stage in front of people. How can I do that when I can't even tell a person how I feel about them.
My phone ringed. It was my mom and it surprised me.
"Hello?" i say shutting one ear. I couldnt hear anything."Hold on!" I yelled as I walked away from the music. Once it got quieter, i repeated.
"Yeah?"
'Where are you?" she asked. her voice was shaky.
'Are you ok?" I asked my mom. she didnt answer."I'm at a show, mom. Nate should've told you."
She sighed."Nate's not here." I looked down at the time. 10;14."He was there before" i tell her.
She sighed again. "I-I just need you to come home." she says."Ok.Ok."I agreed. I was pretty sad when I hung up.
I went back to my spot. Pete smiled at me from the stage. I didnt respond in any way. I was too disappointed in myself. I came here to tell him how I felt and now I had to leave before doing so. I joined the audience and eventually got to Renee and Max. They wanted to stay for the rest of the show, so I suggested they do. I called for a cab.
I waited outside, kicking rocks, mad at having to go home early.
I swear it better be worth missing the rest of the show.
Sign up to rate and review this story