Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Laced With Nitroglycerin

12. Risque

by aznfoblover 3 reviews

yee another update

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-12-05 - Updated: 2007-12-06 - 1195 words - Complete

0Unrated
***
Chapter 12
Risque (Cute is What We Aim For)
"A devil on my shoulder and a phone to the other, but I can't get a hold of her..."
***

Brendon and I were at the mall the day after Pete heard us play, having a very much needed talk.

"What happened yesterday?" he asked. "I got home and she just told me that she must've already finished her project and that she was sorry she missed out on hanging with us. She always tells me what's wrong."

"I don't even know, man," I replied. "I told her the great news yesterday about how Pete wants to work with us, and the next thing I know, she says that she doesn't want to go eat something with us and has a project due. I think something's up."

"Well obviously something's up. Girls just don't do stuff like that, there's gotta be a reason."

"She looked like she was going to cry when I told her that Pete wanted to work with us," I muttered thoughtfully. Brendon bit his lip and shrugged.

"We'll both try to talk to her, OK?" he said. About half an hour later, I was at home, calling Kate. For the 12th time.

"Kate, I know I've called a bunch of times, but please call me back, I need to talk to you," I said to her answering machine again. I paced frantically for a few more minutes, then called her again.

"OK, Ry, seriously. I leave my phone alone for an hour to charge it and I have 12 missed calls. What do you want?" she said. I sighed, relieved.

"Oh thank God," I muttered. "I thought you were just ignoring my calls."

"Nope. Was there a reason for all the calls, or did you just want to say hi?" she asked.

"Well I kind of wanted to talk to you," I started.

"Tell you what, I'll be at your house in 10 minutes. We'll talk then. OK?" she said. I agreed and she hung up.

Ten minutes later, Kate was in my living room. "Listen, Kate. I need to know what was up yesterday. I mean, you just kind of left, and you looked so sad," I said after a while. She looked down at her lap.

"I just...I was being selfish, OK? I didn't want to watch you guys playing for Pete because it would be your first time playing for someone who wasn't me. And I kind of liked being your only audience. I only wanted the best for you guys from the start, you know that. But as soon as you told me that you were gonna start recording and doing stuff with Pete, I just kind of lost it. I knew that you'd never be just my boys ever again. And I didn't want that. I didn't want to feel like you were being taken away from me, I didn't want to feel like I was being so negative and sad when I should've been happy. I just have a feeling that you guys are gonna end up making it big, and I'll be left all alone in the dust," she said quietly, her voice breaking near the end. I reached out and held her, surprised that she would even think something like that could happen.

"Hey, we're still your boys, and that will never change. Regardless of what happens in the future, we'll still be your best friends, and Brendon will still be your brother. Sorry, no way around that one," I said. I earned a watery chuckle for that. "And you think that we would ever leave you in the dust? Why would you ever think that? We love you too much to forget about you or leave you behind. We'll always love you. You know that, right? We're always gonna be there for you, even if the stars all fall down or the sun doesn't shine anymore. Even if we make it big, we'll make sure you're beside us every single step of the way. So no more crying. Nothing bad is gonna happen to us. OK?" I said, wiping away some of her tears with my thumbs. She sighed, wiped her face, and nodded.

"Thank you Ryan. I'm sorry I got so upset over nothing. I'm going to support you guys and always be there for you," she promised. I smiled and kissed the top of her head.

"Good, because I don't think that any of us could survive if we didn't have you there for us," I said. She smiled and kissed me.

"You always know what to say to make me blush," she whispered. I smiled.

"Is that a bad thing?" I asked. She smiled back, and we kissed again. My lips left hers and traveled down her neck, making her moan and sigh. I found my way back to her lips, and her tongue made its way into my mouth. Before long, her hands were going up the back of my shirt, and I was unzipping her jacket and helping her take it off. It was in the middle of the removal of her jacket that we heard a throat clearing from the door.

Guiltily, we came apart and saw my dad watching us and smirking. "So, I'll be in my office if you kids need me," he said smugly. "Don't do anything you're not supposed to." He walked up the stairs and I laid my head in the crook of Kate's neck and groaned.

"Why does my father have to be such a creep?" I asked. She giggled and I picked up my head. "I love it when you do that."

"What, when I laugh? I have the most retarded laugh in the world, Ryan," she said. I leaned my forehead on hers.

"No you don't, it's cute." I kissed her nose, which she scrunched up.

"Oh, finally," Dani said from the stairs. "You two are together. I thought it would never happen."

"What?" I said incredulously. "How did you know...?"

"Ryan, when you like girls, you talk about them in your sleep. And it keeps me up at night," she said. I blushed crimson and Kate laughed.

"Thank you, Dani," she said. Dani shrugged and went out the door, no doubt off to another friend's house.

"I think I liked it better when my father was never home and my sister was at too many clubs to keep track of," I said.

"You only say that because they were making fun of you," Kate teased. I shrugged and nodded.

We made our way up to my room so that we could be undisturbed. Once inside, Kate kissed me again. "What was that for?" I asked when we broke apart. She shrugged and smiled.

"Because I love you," she said simply.
***
A/N: Hopefully this one was longer. And hopefully it explained some stuff that people have been questioning. I'm thinking that there are gonna be a couple more chapters after this, probably less than 5.
Thank you to people who have reviewed this story. Ever. It means a lot to me. So drop a nice review and you'll probably make my day. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story