Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lucy's Holiday (and FOB!)

The Flashback

by fob2adelaide 3 reviews

Patrick has a horrible flashback of his accident. This leads to him and Lucy becoming even more closer. Patrick realises he is in love with Lucy, but will he say it her? Does she love him back?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Published: 2007-12-06 - Updated: 2007-12-06 - 750 words - Complete

0Unrated
Author's note: Reviews would be much appreciated :-). They mean a lot to me and they give me lots of enthusiasm to continue the story!

Lucy and Patrick finally arrived at his house after the flight and the car ride home. It had been a long day of traveling and they were both bleary eyed. They both made a grab for their luggage and started making their way to the front door of the house. Lucy was ahead of Patrick and suddenly she realized he wasn’t walking behind her. She couldn’t hear any of his footsteps. She looked behind her to see him standing with a look of pain on his face.
“Are you alright Patrick?” She asked him.
He didn’t answer.
“Patrick?” Lucy asked again a little concerned. She walked over to him and gave his hand a squeeze. Patrick seemed to snap out of a trance and he looked at her.
“I…it was a flashback. I could see the car coming at me.”
Lucy pulled him into a hug and he rested his head on her shoulder.
“I’m sorry,” he said.
“There’s nothing to be sorry about. Come on let’s get inside, we can talk about it in there. It’s so cold out here.”
“Yeah.” Patrick said in a quiet voice, “Okay.” He picked up his suitcase and walked the extra few steps to the front door with Lucy. He unlocked the front door and they walked inside. They dumped their bags on the ground and Patrick led Lucy to the living room where he practically collapsed on to the couch. Lucy sat down a little bit more softly.
“Is this the first time you’ve had a flashback?” She asked.
Patrick nodded, “Yeah…and it wasn’t fun believe me.”
“It was like you were in a trance. You had me worried.”
“I guess I was in a trance.” Patrick said while rubbing his eyes.
“Sleepy?”
“Yeah. Very…but I guess I need to talk about it. If I don’t it’s gonna play on mind all night.”
“Well tell me. I’m happy to listen.”
Patrick began to recite what had happened in the flashback:

…He was crossing the road. Hurrying to get to the studio. He mustn’t have looked properly at the road because suddenly he heard a horn beeping at him. It signaled that a car was coming straight towards him and that if he didn’t get out of the way, he would be knocked. He turned around to see the car a few metres away from him. He went to move but no muscle or bone in his body answered his pleas to get out of the way. Then the car was so close to him that he could see the small bits of frost sticking to the bonnet. He realized in horror that he was not going to be able to stop this car from running him over so he closed his eyes and hoped that he would survive this. That today wouldn’t be the day for him to die…

By the time Patrick had finished telling Lucy about the flashback, he was slightly shaking. Lucy didn’t know what to say. His flashback was sending chills down her spine and she could feel the fear and panic that he had felt when he had known there was no way to stop the car from hitting him. She desperately thought of something to say but Patrick beat her to it.
“You don’t have to say anything. You did all you could by listening to me Lucy. That’s all I need.”
“I just don’t know what to say.” Lucy managed, “It must have been terrifying. I feel terrified and I wasn’t even there!”
“I’m just scared that I’m going to keep on getting these flashbacks.”
“And if you do. I’m here.”
“Thankyou.” He stood up and held out his hand to her. Lucy got up and he put his arms around her. “I really don’t know what I would have done if you weren’t here right now.”
“I’m glad I’m here.” Lucy said before kissing Patrick on the cheek.
“Lucy I have something else to tell you,” Patrick said almost in whisper.
“Yeah?” Lucy asked, “What’s that?”
Patrick took Lucy’s hands in his as he looked into her eyes, “I love you.”
Lucy smiled, “I love you too.”
Sign up to rate and review this story