Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > A dangerous demon slayer

losers wont give up

by domi_01 0 reviews

chappy 4

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Rin,Sesshoumaru - Published: 2007-12-06 - Updated: 2007-12-07 - 2673 words - Complete

0Unrated
It took all night to explain to Ookami and Karasu why she was leaving. She grabbed her necklace as she remembered, she walked towards the meeting place that she and Sesshomaru agreed to, and Zentarii was sleeping peacefully in her arms.Flashback:She stood outside Karasu’s and Ookami’s hut, she was going to start traveling with her lord again and she had told the headman he was going to tell the village in about an hour sparing her the grief of telling them.

Now she had to tell Ookami and Karasu they were her closest friends and the news needed to be broken to them gently. Rin braced herself “, here it goes” she walked inside, her two friends were on a matt eating by a fire they looked up at her obviously still angry about earlier she smiled at them, their eyes widened with shock and relief, they hadn’t seen that smile for a few days and they were really happy to see it again.

Rin sat down in front of them and the smile was gone her face was serious, “Karasu, Ookami I’m going to be leaving very soon.” Karasu then said,” Is that all? Its not the first time you do.” Rin nodded,” No, I mean I’m leaving permanently.”

Rin nearly went white as a sheet and was very close to running out of there, instead of angry faces and an aura stronger than a demon coming from her friends, there were sad faces she had expected……..something…… Karasu spoke softly,” Rin……WHY THE HELL ARE YOU LEAVING?!?!, THIS IS YOUR HOME!, HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY THINK ABOUT LEAVING?!!!!”

Aha! She knew it was too good to be true! Rin was pretty sure the ground was trembling with each word, but then again maybe it was her, sheesh Karasu was supposed to be a priestess/healer how in the world can she make that type of an aura, no wait scratch that she was pretty sure that was a demonic aura coming from her……..scary.

She took a deep breath this was going be one hell of a night. “You know I love this village, you’ve been nothing but kind and your practically family nothing can change that and hell look at me I’ve gone from a wimpy little girl to a feared demon slayer but I cant stay here anymore I’m restless and I met up with……a past friend I’m going to be traveling with him and its not like I’m leaving forever I’m going to come and visit every single chance I get.”

Both Karasu and Ookami looked distraught it pained her to see them like this but she had made up her mind besides she absolutely loathed the idea of settling down in one place for the rest of her life, she had been planning to leave eventually so now was as good a chance as ever.

Ookami had stayed strangely quiet after she told them she was leaving something was going to happen she just knew it, wait for it………3, 2, 1……nothing. This was pushing her over the edge why was she so quiet?! Ookami got up and walked over to the other side of the hut she knelt down and lifted up a nicely concealed loose board under the board was a lot of empty space perfect for hiding valuable things, she reached down and took out a box.

She walked back and set the box down, she opened it inside were two separate necklaces, on one necklace was the symbol of Yin, but it was made of a stone unlike anything she’d seen before it was smooth and sleek, and it was very light in weight, but the way the color shone was amazing, the same thing could be said for the symbol of Yang.

“What are these?” Rin asked, Ookami said,” These necklaces were said to have been made by a demon, the one who ordered these made was another demon strangely enough he had them made for he and his human lover they did not always see eye to eye and, they say these connected them and let them understand eachother in a way beyond reason.”

Rin frowned, “What does this have to do with my leaving?” Ookami gave her the look,” These necklaces were found entwined with your swords, however strangely enough they seem to emit a very strange aura and it wouldn’t let anyone touch them, and yet you seem to be able to hold them so they belong to you.”

She was right they do emit a very strange aura, she’d better keep them for safe keeping, she put on the symbol of Yang, but something told her that she shouldn’t put on the Yin, still trying to understand why the hell they went off subject so randomly and as if she read her mind Ookami answered,”

Those necklaces were going to be given to you in a few years time, but since your suddenly going away it’s better to give them to you now.” She wasn’t even going to bother asking them the reason why they were going to wait so long, because she didn’t really want to know. Ookami let out a sigh and said,” When are you leaving?” Rin thought for a moment,” A bit after a noon.”

They continued their talk for an hour more before Rin left to get her things ready to leave and she needed lots of rest, tomorrow was going to be a long day.: End of flashback
It was a tearful good-bye to her friends and the villagers; she had taken a pack and a water container (you know those little portable bamboo thingy’s) she had brought enough food for a few days, an extra pair of kimono’s, money that she saved up, a knife, and a few other things.

She stopped before a clearing she immediately recognized the little toad and Ah-Un, “this is too good an opportunity.” She took her mask and put it on; she climbed a tree and made her way to a branch right above Jaken.

She sat down and then she let herself fall and was upside down hanging from a tree in front of Master Jaken, now since his brain has such a small capacity it took him quite a few moments to understand the situation. “Yo.” Jaken blinked and then went,”AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!” He was running in circles frantically and kept screaming.

Sesshomaru had gone to meet Rin but Jaken was so loud that he could hear him as if he right next to him. He ran to the little toads aid, when he got the clearing he was met with a view he hadn’t quite expected; Rin was wearing her mask and she was rolling on the ground laughing hysterically, her cat demon was watching her curiously, Jaken was still running around in circles screaming frantically, it was a wonder how he was able to scream so much, and Ah-Un was lazing around in the shade of the tree watching the scene with one eye open.

He sighed and walked over to Jaken stuck out his foot and the toad ran straight into it, a bit too hard for he fell unconscious, he looked down at Rin who was now giggling and had calmed down a bit, he cocked an eyebrow at her,” Are you trying to kill him?” This made her giggle more,” No, it’s not my fault he’s scared of everything so have you told him yet?” He gave her one of those thoughtful looks,” I’ll take that as a no, we better get moving, come on Zentarii.”

With that the little demon jumped on her shoulder, made herself comfortable and went to sleep again. Rin bent over and picked up Jaken from the floor and laid him on Ah-Un gently, and put his staff next to him.

She turned and to Ah-Un and nudged them awake,” Been along time, still remember me?” Her response was to get furiously nuzzled by both of the heads and few grunts. She giggled,” All right then come on.” She took the reins and started after Sesshomaru. He finally asked her a question that had been nagging him,” What’s with the cat demon?” She looked up at him lost in her own her world but quickly snapped out of it,” Hmm? Oh, you mean Zentarii?”

At the call of her name the little cats eyes opened and she mewed,” It’s all right Zentarii.” Zentarii then went back to her nap. Rin looked at the cat lovingly and smiled.

“While I was still in training to be a demon slayer, I went out on a mission with my sensei; we were ambushed by some demons, sensei was knocked unconscious and I was being overpowered, Zentarii then appeared out of nowhere and helped me out. She continued to stay with me until she eventually became my partner and she continued to surprise me when I found out she could speak to me through her thoughts, she taught me how too, and now whenever we need to speak to each other we talk through our minds.”

He looked at her thoughtfully,” so she can read what’s on your mind all the time?” Rin giggled slightly,”uh…no not exactly, she can only hear me when I want her to.” He looked deep in thought and said nothing else.

When they finally stopped Jaken was still unconscious, “Just how hard did poor Master Jaken hit your foot?” He thought it over the toad actually hit his foot pretty hard but then again he had be been screaming his little lungs out for almost 15 minutes.

Sesshomaru went over to a tree and sat down at its base, Rin sighed and thought to herself,” Well he was never really much of a talker.” She walked over to the Jaken, picked him up and set him down on the grass. She grabbed Ah-Un’s reins and led them to a pasture to graze.

She walked over and kneeled next to Jaken, she smiled he hadn’t changed in the least he was still small, green, and...……..small. She wanted him to wake up so she could hug him and tell him how much she had missed him. She rested his head on her lap and looked at him she laughed quietly at her memories of him either he never shut up, tried to go on some of his little “missions” or he was getting beat up by Lord Sesshomaru.

She remembered one mission vividly he had tried to steal Tetseiga from Inuyasha and almost succeeded except she had let it go in order to save him from a horrible pounding from Inuyasha, speaking of which she wondered what had become of Inuyasha. She went to sleep memories of her childhood with Jaken and Sesshomaru flooding her mind.

She woke up to a large amount of screaming, she cracked open an eye Jaken apparently had woken up, “some morning.” While Jaken was throwing his tantrum she picked him up swiftly and cupped his mouth, and said,” Shut it, right now.” Surprisingly enough he obeyed and quieted down,” Now I’m going to let you go but you must not start screaming again if you do I’m going to make sure you land at the other side of this forest, understood?”

His response was,” mumblemumble” and a nod. She removed her hand and right when she did,” You’ll be sorry for you filthy little human-“He was cut off abruptly when she said,” Don’t you remember me? I’m Rin.” He’s eyes went completely wide,” R-R-Rin?!?!” he eyed her suspiciously before saying, "Prove it.”

She pondered for a moment before she thought of something she made her voice go childish, and made puppy dog eyes and said, "Master Jaken you should try and learn to make all your sighs into pretty little flowers then all the wor—" He then yelled,” Rin!!!!!!!!!!!!” She smiled he began to talk away……. She pretended to listen as she somehow had a feeling that that line would’ve been more than enough to prove that she was really Rin, Jaken was always sighing and it had annoyed her to no end until she made up that line after many times of using it he finally stopped.

She stopped him in the middle of his ranting,” I’m sorry Master Jaken.” He looked confused,” For what?” She looked at him barely able to resist the laughter,” For….ahem…….scaring you yesterday.” Realization spread across his,” That was you?!” she nodded, apologizing she only apologized because she really had scared him more than she intended to. He mumbled something and walked away.

Rin then noticed that both Zentarii and Sesshomaru were gone; she frowned,” Zentarii!” Rin mentally cried out, nothing, she tried again this time she got a response,” I see you’re finally awake.” Rin noted the sarcasm in her voice and was about to make a comment when she noticed she was being watched she quickly jumped in front of the bush were the person was hiding when a boy no more than 15 jumped out and ran away. “Wonder what that was about?” She shrugged it off and went back to the clearing, when she got there Sesshomaru had gotten back from wherever he went and Zentarii had caught some fish.

After they had eaten the continued on, emerging from a hill was a band of soldiers dressed in red armor, Rins eyes widened and she threw herself into the nearest bush.

Sesshomaru looked at the soldiers that stopped in front of him, mentally noting that Rin had jumped into a bush for some unknown reason. One of the more brave soldiers approached him but he could smell the fear coming from him. The soldier held up a scroll showing the face of a young woman, that young woman was Rin.

The soldier stuttered,” T-t-the Lord Tyko is in s-search of the one called Lady R-Rin or also known as Shirentokira she is to be wed to him, for the p-p-person to bring h-h-her back, there will be a reward.” Sesshomaru tried to comprehend the feelings that were boiling inside him he was getting angry, “Rin to be wed?” he thought to himself, he shot the soldier a glare and that was all it took, the soldier dropped the scroll and with the rest of his comrades hurried out of Sesshomaru’s way.

After they were out of sight Rin finally appeared from the bush, and she looked angry. She went over to him and picked up the scroll as she read she went from angry to infuriated and she made her hands into fists,” Why that arrogant, filthy, snot nose, jack-ass.

I refused his proposal, and he’s still at it!” Sesshomaru cocked an eyebrow at her language he had never heard her use such a vocabulary, she must be really pissed.

Miles away……..

“SIT!!!” Kagome was angry Inuyasha had scared the now sprinting soldiers away, “Why’d you do that for?!” Inuyasha complained picking himself up, Kagome growled back at him,” Why do you have to scare everyone!? They were merely informing us of a missing bride!” Inuyasha looked at her confused, but still angry,” A what?” Kagome rolled her eyes as she began to explain.

Miroku, Sango, Shippo, and Kirara all watched the scene unfold and Miroku went over to get the scroll Inuyasha so rudely took from the poor soldier. He read it over,” Hmmm….? What’s this it seems the “missing” bride is the famous Shirentokira, Sango eyes went wide in surprise,” You mean that rumored demon slayer?”

He nodded his head. “Recently seen traveling with a fair-skinned, silver-haired man, who wears a fur over his right shoulder.” At this Kagome and Inuyasha stopped their bickering,” Doesn’t that sound a bit like….”
Sign up to rate and review this story