Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Roxanna

Donna

by xxACoalminexx 3 reviews

Roxanna meets Gerard's mother.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-12-10 - Updated: 2007-12-11 - 887 words

0Unrated
How I would get inside Gerard’s house without attracting too much attention had been discussed as the two of us walked home. Gerard would go in first, with my suitcase, up to his room. Then he’d poke his head out his window and give me a thumbs-up sign to signal that it was okay for me to go up. After that, I’d use my amazing Spidergirl skills to climb up the wall and in through his window. It was a relatively easy plan and not one that used too much brain power.

I waited outside, staring upwards. I was shivering because of the cold. I switched my weight from foot to foot and did a little spin. A long time passed. I was getting pissed off now. I spotted a rock on the ground and picked it up. It flew to the glass, shattering it. I heard the window—or what was left of it—slide up.

“What’s taking you so long? I’m basically an icicle now!” I shouted.

Gerard’s head peered out from the window, looking a little frightened. He shook his head wildly. I didn’t care though. All I wanted was for my frozen fingers to thaw. I got closer to the wall. Holding onto the little cracks, I pulled myself up. My fingers were a bright shade of red as I grabbed onto the window pane. Gerard stood with his back to me, as if he was trying to hide me. I didn’t for a moment stop to wonder why. I used one hand to push him away and another to help myself get inside. Immediately after falling onto the carpeted floor, I regretted it. A woman was staring down at me with a confused expression. Gerard was giving me the evil eye from behind her. I stood up quickly.

“Uh...hello m’am. I’m uh...Rayne Storm from the Trenton Times. I was wondering if you’d like a free subscription of our newspaper for three months. It’s a limited time offer, only lasting one hour. If you’d like to accept this wonderful offer, all you gotta do is um...call up the Trenton Times RIGHT NOW!” I tried lamely.

She folded her arms, “Okay, Miss /Storm/...any reason why you came in through my son’s window?”

Gerard mouthed the words, “Give up.”

I decided to follow his advice, “Uh...yeah...okay. My name’s Roxanna and uh...my mom kind of kicked my out of the house so Gerard said I could stay with him...temporarily, of course. Would that be okay?”

His mother looked at him with a raised eyebrow, “You could’ve told me, Gerard...”

He looked away.

His mother looked back at me, “Well, that’s fine with me...Gerard can sleep on the floor for a few nights, I guess.”

“What?!” He exclaimed.

“Come on, Ger. I couldn’t let you two sleep together, I’m sorry. That would be very inappropriate.”

Gerard blushed, “Mom.”

She grinned, “If you need anything, Roxanna, you can let me know.”

I smiled politely, “Thanks, Mrs...uh...” I paused, realizing I didn’t know Gerard’s last name.

“Call me Donna.” She smiled.

“Thanks, Donna,”

She gave me one last smile before leaving the room. I looked around my surroundings. It was decorated with posters of comic book characters—big surprise there. The furniture included a bed in the center, a sidetable, and a dresser. It was outstandingly ordinary.

I turned around, “So how’d you get caught?” I asked.

“My mom saw your suitcase and she got all suspicious. I came up with a really good explanation but then you had to throw that rock.”

I shrugged, “I was freezing my ass off. And anyway she was pretty cool about it.”

I walked towards the bed and sat down. It was a lot bouncier than mine. Gerard took a seat next to me.

“Yeah, I guess it shouldn’t be a shock that she didn’t flip out. I think she’s relieved. I’ve never brought a girl home before so she thought I was socially challenged or something... which is probably true, but whatever. It’s not like I’m friendless.”

I gave him a look, “Are you trying to make me feel crappy?”

He grinned, “Just a bit. For that stupid Trenton Times thing. I mean, serously, Rayne Storm? Even I could've done better.”

I shoved him lightly. He responded by pushing me back. I fell backwards. As soon as I hit the mattress, my eyelids drooped. The day’s events had swirled up into one big ball of exhaustion and hit me hard on the head. Someone was repeating my name over and over but I was too tired now to do anything or even care. Off I drifted, into my reverie.

______________________

Yes, I know you think this is a pointless chapter...well, you're probably right. The action starts in the next chapter, I promise. And if I break my promise, you have the right to shout at me.

But please, to tell me you actually WANT a next chapter, some reviews would be reeeeeally nice. And double thanks to my SIX reviewers for the last chapter! You all get virtual hugs.

Love Much,
Coal
Sign up to rate and review this story