Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The clock still ticks.

Sigh.

by 12shawab 0 reviews

...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kakashi - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-12-14 - Updated: 2007-12-15 - 988 words - Complete

0Unrated
Brook listened to Gai ask her how she could get pregnant for the millionth time, then just walked away from him. His voice stopped as she got further away from him, seeking a more interesting arguement at least.

"Wow..." Kakashi whispered beside her. "I've never seen Gai storm off like that from anyone before."

"Huh."

Brook saw movement in the corner of her eye coming towards her. She turned toward it but no one was there. She felt a hand on her arm, restricting and painful. Then she was in a different place, one she didn't recognize right away.

Then she realized she was in a room at the Hyuga estate. She saw the dent in the north wall and had to repress a laugh. She had put it there. She was in Neji Hyuga's room, and he was staring at her angrily.

He closed his eyes and shook his head. "How the hell does this happen?"

"Well... When a man and a woman love each other a lot-" She started sarcastically.

"Shut it." Brook smiled in triumph. More than anything, she loved making him mad.

"What do you care anyway?" She spat at him.

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Uhm, hello? You cheated on me. Last time I checked, that isn't exactly a sign saying that you care about me!"

"Brook." He stepped towards her and she stepped away. "I do care about you. I never stopped caring about you."

"Ha!" She said darkly. "Coulda fooled me!"

"You're always on my mind. Forefront." He tapped his forehead protector. "Right here." He took another step towards her, she backed into the wall.

"Get away from me." She snarled. She still hated him for what he had done.

He was in front of in in less than a second, of course. His hand rested right by her left ear on the wall. She glared at him still.

"Stop glaring at me." He glanced at the hand she placed on her stomach. "Who's is it?"

She sighed and looked softly into his eyes. "Itachi Uchiha's. Hate me yet?"

"Not a chance." He leaned closer to her.

"Don't even think about it." Brook said when his lips were ready to press to her's. He laughed and kissed her on the nose.

"You know. You've always been like a brother to me... Even when we were dating." She said. He placed his arms around her in a brother-like hug. She returned the affection.

"And you are always just like an annoying, hyperactive little sister." He laughed then stopped when she hit him in the back.

"Just because I'm pregnant does not mean I won't hit you."

When Kakashi stepped through the door, Brook let go of Neji.

"It's-" Kakashi sniffed in fake emotion. "Just so heartwarming." He wiped a fake tear from his eye.

Brook walked over to him then turned to wink at Neji. She mouthed thanks. He smiled.

They walked out the door, hand in hand. "What was that all about?" Kakashi asked her.

"Nothing."

"Did yo-"

"No I didn't kiss him!" She snapped. "Holy!"

Kakashi laughed.

Brook was yelled at four more times, and congratulated twice. That was slightly weird for her. Kakashi and Brook walked to the hospital together (holding hands) and got many strange looks from people. Apparently, many of them didn't know who the baby's father was.

They walked into Tsunade's small office and waited to be yelled at again. Tsunade looked up at them with droopy eyes that were overworked.

"Okay." Tsunae sighed, "I need to know the living situation for when that baby is born."

"Uhm..." Brook said. "I guess I'll be living with Kakashi. I'll work at the flower shop or something to save up some money for stuff."

"So you are intending to keep it then?"

"Yes. I wouldn't pawn off a baby or kill it so... Yeah."

"And what is the situation between you two?"

"I love her." Kakashi said. Clear cut. No wiggle room.

Tsunade looked at Brook.

"I love him."

"Okay. So Kakashi, you're willing to help Brook through all of this?"

"Yes."

"And, I'm guessing you don't want to go on missions while she's pregnant?"

"Well... No. I want to be with her."

Tsunade sighed. "The only way that that can be arranged is if you get married."

Brook noticeably winced.

"Is there a problem with that?" Tsunade said.

"I just... I never really looked at myself as the type of person to settle down." Brook said, looking at the ground.

"Brook," KAkashi said. "We don't have to get married."

"But then you won't be here." She said quietly.

"I'll take small missions. And I won't take ones that take me out of the village. Okay?"

"I don't want to tie you down. You love missions, and I don't wanna take that from you."

"You're right. I do love missions. But I love you more. I'll stasy right in the village."

"You don't have to."

"I want to." He said in an end of discussion tone.

Brook smiled at him, but it was a sad smile.

"Oh...kay," Tsunade said. "We can have that, it'll work fine. But this is a big responsibity you two."

"I know." They said together. Kakashi took Brook's hand.

"It's your dicision then. Have a good one." She turned back to the papers on her desk, and they walked out the door.

"I'm tying you down. Don't do this. Go on missions."

"No. I want to be here for you when this happens. I might even have to take a leave of absence."

"I would kill you."

"You're going to be begging for me to stay and you know it."

"I know." She laughed.

"Then you wouldn't mind this would you?" His hand touched the top of his mask.

"No, I would not."

Kakashi pulled his mask down and kissed her, right in the hospital hallway.

~*~
Nurses everywhere faint at his beauty. Haha.

Please reveiw.
Sign up to rate and review this story