Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The clock still ticks.

Learning.

by 12shawab 0 reviews

...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kakashi - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-12-28 - Updated: 2007-12-29 - 1394 words - Complete

0Unrated
Itachi's breath was fast and shallow against her ear, his bare chest rubbing against her own. He said he loved her, then collapsed.

A baby cried in the distance.

Brook shot up like a bullet from the dream, which was really more of a memory. Her body was glistening with the cold sweat and Kakashi stirred next to her. His eye opened slowly and he shot up next to her, alarmed at her breathing and the sweat.

"Brook what's wrong?" He asked, moving in front of her to look in her eyes, which were closed in an attempt to slow her breathing.

"Nothing... Just a..." She paused to look up at him. "Bad dream."

He was skeptical. "What about?"

She gestured at her slightly rounded stomach. "A very mistaken night." She smiled up at him and layed back down on her back, laying her hand on her stomach. Kakashi layed next to her and she rolled to put her head on his chest and just breath in his scent. His fingers combed through her hair, smoothing the knots. Brook stood up and walked to the kitchen and came back drinking a glass of water and rubbing her stomach. She sat on the edge of the bed and he put his arms around her waist and kissed her shoulder. He rested his head there, and said something into her shoulder she didn't hear. Her head was wrapped around something else.

Brook thought about the night Itach had taken her virginity. She didn't like to think of it as making love, because then he would have had to like her to some extent. She likes to think of it as he f*** her, but this is only PG-13. She had thought it would bring them closer, even though she was suspicious about him.

There was the one reason she trusted him, besides the fact that he had always been there. She was the only person who had ever seen him lose control of his chidori. She was also the only person to have been hit with that same attack, and live. Her hand touched the most distinctive scar on her otherwise perfect body. Above her left breast, below her collarbone, was an "I" that Itachi had left her with the night he killed the Uchiha family. He had only killed four people with the attack, but when he had seen her trip and fall in the process of running from him, he had tried to stop himself, but had only brought it down enough to scar her permanently.

"Stop thinking about him." Kakashi said into her ear, gently biting her earlobe. "Am I helping?"

"Not really," She said, her eyes on her belly.

"I know." Kakashi suddenly pushed himself and Brook off the bed and onto the floor, covering her protectively. She was about to ask him about it when she heard the window shatter on the other side of the bed and a pair of feet were visible underneath the bed. Brook watched the familiar armor on the feet for twenty seconds before she sat up and yelled, "Anko! What the hell are you doing?"

"Tsunade told me to break your window for no apparent reason to see if you two were having any fun. You weren't so far as I can see." She explained as Brook's anger mounted.

"Seriously. Why are you here?" Kakashi said, his hands on Brook's leg to keep her from moving.

"There is a top secret mission that she just had a dream about that both of you are involved in." When Brook gave her a "What the heck?" look, she said, "Just kidding. You guys have a doctor appointment today. 6 o' clock in the AM." She jumped back out the window, shards of glass falling outside.

Brook looked at the clock. "45 minutes." She groaned and crawled back into bed. She pulled the covers over her head. "You can distract me now." She laughed.

"I wish. But we both need to shower." He walked out of the room and Brook yelled after him, "Hurry up!"

Brook sat on the table as Tsunade prepared her for the bazillionth ultra-sound Brook has had since being home. She was very careful with Brook because Brook was predicted to not have a healthy pregnancy. So far it had been going okay, but she was still careful.

Brook was falling asleep on the table when Tsunade touched the cold gel to her stomach and she jumped. Tsunade and Kakashi bothed laughed at her. Brook reached for something to throw, but everything was out of reach. Tsunade had learned her lesson before.

"Just tell me about my baby so I can," She stopped in the middle of her sentence at the look on Tsunade's face. She was staring at the screen Brook couldn't see. "What?" She said, looking up at Kakashi, who just shook his head.

"I'll be right back." She shut off the monitor before she left.

"Kakashi?" She said, her voice was pleading.

"I don't know."

"Something's wrong with the baby." She said, her hand was shaking as it grabbed his. He didn't reply to her. A tear slipped down her cheek and he sat next to her, cradling her head to his shoulder. Tsunade walked in and closed the door behind her. Brook saw her face then looked at Kakashi fearfully.

"Brook," Tsunade said. "You've had a miscarriage."

Brook's hand gripped Kakashi's to a painful point as she looked down at the bed.

"I'll give you guys a second." She stepped out of the room and closed the door.

Brook collapsed into his arms, but didn't make a noise and she wasn't crying. Right now, she just wanted to be numb. To not feel anything would be amazing to her. Kakashi's voice was far away when he asked her if she wanted to have the abortion done now. She nodded. Brook drifted through the next month of her life in a haze. After that, Kakashi spent more time talking with her and she got progessively better. Within three months things were almost back to normal. That month scarred Kakashi to death. He had been instructed to spend no time away from her unless it was completely necissary. And when it was, someone else would be with her. Most the time, she stayed in bed. There was one time when she suddenly wanted him, bad enough to beg with him to have her. When he had said no, she went back into the slump.

That night was like this.

Brook layed in the bed as Kakashi crawled in next to her.

"I love you," He said. She mumbled something incoherent as a reply. He drifted to sleep than felt the bed move and Brook was straddling him, her mouth pressing to his hard and sensually. Her hands pulled the shirt off his head, then tangled her hands in his hair. He returned the favor.

He stripped her shirt off and fumbled with her bra, finally removing it. She pulled away from him, both of them were breathing heavily and Kakashi saw the scar above her left breast for the first time. He touched it and felt her shiver with his touch.

"Don't." She said, her hands moving down his chest with grace, stopping at the waistband of his sweatpants.

He wanted her badly, more than she knew. But not know, just to see if she would feel better after.

"Brook stop." He said, closing his eyes.

"Kakashi. I need this," She said, her mouth and tongue caressing his neck. "Please."

"Not right now, Brook. You don't want this for the right reasons."

She stopped and looked up at him with pleading eyes. Then looked away. "You don't want me." She said quietly.

She moved off him and sat facing him, but looked down at the bed. "Brook. You aren't making this easy for me. You're good at this. I want you. Just not now."

"I love you," She said, sounding more like a question than a statement.

"I love you too, Brook." Kakashi said, sitting up and pressing his lips to hers, his hand on her neck.

She pulled away from him first, then layed down on the bed away from him. Only later to move all the way over to lay next to him.

~*~You know you loved it. Review would be nice.
Sign up to rate and review this story