Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Beautifully Broken

Chapter Four: Take My Breath Away

by falloutbaby89 1 review

Aww...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-12-18 - Updated: 2007-12-18 - 2534 words

0Unrated
Sorry it took me forever, I was heardly near my baby (pc). Please keep the reviews and love coming. Hope this is a good chapter, it's kinda short I think. Well here it is...



“James have you seen my black short heels?” I yelled across the house. I’ve been running around trying to get everything ready for our date tonight. My nerves were running at a hundred miles per hour because 1. I haven’t ever really been on a date and with someone I like, 2. I had no idea what to wear. Patrick invited me to go see him and the guys perform at Conan ‘O Brian so I was allowed to be my casual self for that because the whole audience would be. After that we were going to some semi-fancy restaurant that Patrick won’t tell me about. I at least knew I was going to wear jeans because even though it’s two weeks into February, the nights would get a bit too chilly for dresses. Trust Chicago to have wonderful weather. I was on my knees looking under my bed when I heard James wolf-whistle behind me. I turned to look at him.

“You know, if you pretend to drop an earring and bend down to look for it like that, you’d totally get Patrick excited if all else fails,” he smirked. I stood up and put my hands on my hips.

“James if you and Maxine are planning to have children in your future, I would take what you just said back!” I warned him, my eyes narrowed. He lifted his hands up in defense.

“Hey I was just putting it out there,” I glared at him. “Fine, I’ll take it back. Anyway, your shoes are downstairs in the closet. Don’t ask me what they’re doing there, I think it was one of your drunken days you put them there.” I felt like I was about to scream. I rushed down the stairs to the closet and grabbed the shoes then in no less than thirty seconds I was back in my room, shoving things in my bag. I could feel James following me around.

“James stop looking at me like I’m crazy!”

“Well that’s maybe because you are crazy. Lynn calm down it’s just a date,” he tried to soothe me.

“No James, it’s not just a date. I happen to be going out on a date with the lead singer of a huge band and funny enough this is my first real date. And now, Patrick is going to be here to pick me up in,” I looked at my new alarm clock, “an hour and I still need to shower and decide what the fuck I am going to wear!” I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration, only to pull back a knot in pain. James walked up to me and put his hands on my shoulders and looked at me.

“Okay Lynn breath and calm down,” he shook me up a bit. I let out a breath. “Good. Now you go ahead and shower, I will pick out something for you to wear for the dinner and for Conan. I promise you, you will not look like a slut.” He added the last part when he felt me stiffen. I relaxed and smiled at him.

“Thank you so much James I swear I will repay you sometime,” I kissed his cheek and ran into the bathroom, stripped all my clothes and jumped into the shower.


I heard the doorbell ring at five thirty, exactly the time Patrick said he’d pick me up. Believe me when I say I was surprised he was quite punctual. I let out another breath and opened the front door. There he was standing before me with his hands in his jeans. He was wearing dark jeans, a green polo and his ever-present hat. He looked really cute. He smiled at me and I smiled at him back.

“Hey you, you look very cute,” he complimented me. I blushed and bit my bottom lip.

“Thank you. You’re looking quite dashing yourself.”

“Psht,” he waved me off with his hand, “you have seen nothing yet,” he grinned. I laughed and shook my head. “So are you ready to go?” he asked after the short silence we had let come between us. I realized then how rude I was because I didn’t let him in and we were still standing by the door.

“Oh I’m sorry for making you stand outside. You can come in quick I just need to get my stuff,” I moved aside so he could get in. I shut the door behind him. “You can take a seat if you want. Be careful of a tallish guy with dark brown hair and blue eyes, he eats people,” I joked. I heard a “hey” from James’s bedroom. Once I got all my things and made my way back downstairs I saw James and Patrick talking. I hoped James wasn’t telling him things about me that he shouldn’t be telling. I cleared my throat to make them aware of my presence, they both turned to look at me. Patrick rushed to my side and took my bag with my clothes then we walked out the door. Just as we walked down the pathway James of course had to put his two cents in.

“Remember to always use protection, every time you do it.” I looked back at him with a glare that made him wipe that smile off his face. Patrick chuckled and turned a deep shade of red. Men…


The Conan performance went off without a hitch. Patrick and the boys were awesome and had complete control of the stage. I was impressed with Patrick’s vocal range; he was amazing. Their fans were amazing, screaming and clapping for them every chance they could. I was in awe.

After the performance and a strange meeting with the guys, Patrick and I made it to the restaurant. It was more of a bar/restaurant where apparently every night a different jazz or pop band would perform. Tonight there was a local jazz band performing and they were amazing. Patrick seemed to be feeling the music as it was delivered to our ears while we devoured our dessert gracefully.

“Do you come here often?” I asked him, as I took a sip from my Irish coffee. He swallowed his coffee before answering.

“Yeah whenever I’m in Chicago. I normally come here alone though without the guys cause they can get rowdy sometimes and this is where I normally get inspiration for our albums,” he stirred his drink.

“Wow, you’re a musical genius aren’t you? Are you the one that writes the music in the band?” I asked him. I started getting very interested in his life.

“Pretty much yeah. I’ll just do the basic melody and all then the guys will add in what they think is best. So what do you listen to since you had no idea who we were? Not to be conceited or anything.” I laughed at that.

“I’m not really into mainstream music, that’s why I don’t know much about you. I did know your ‘Sugar We’re Goin’ Down’ song though. I am into the likes of Elvis Costello, um Marvin Gaye and a lot of U2,” I informed him with pride; I believed I had good taste in music. He nodded.

“Wow, no wonder we get along so well. If you tell me you like Prince then we could be potential soul mates,” he hinted. I grinned.

I gave him a sexy stare and lowered my voice dangerously low, “baby, sing ‘Most Beautiful Girl In The World’ to me and I would swoon,” I grinned. He laughed, throwing his head back.

“Wow I think my prayers have just been answered,” he paused for a moment with a funny look plastered on his face before he continued, “I finally met a girl who loves Prince,” he reached over and rubbed my hand, “bless your heart.” He pulled his hand back, to my dismay. I shook my head and chuckled.

“Yeah I have been blessed. What was the funny face about?” I asked curiously.

“I found it weird I said my prayers were answered when I’m not much of a believer,” he admitted. I nodded in understanding.

“Oh okay. So were you frightened or what of James?”

“Nah he’s a good kid. He told me about some stuff you did as a kid. You sounded so cute,” he smiled sweetly. I blushed.

“What exactly did he tell you?”

“Just about how you used to love to sing a lot with a hairbrush and what not. That you are a pro at double Dutch and oh you knew how to swear a storm since you were the tender age of six,” he said all this with enough confidence to serve a whole first world country. I blushed furiously, with every intention to kill James when I get home.

“I am totally going to kill James when I get home tonight. I did warn him about no funny business,” I pointed to Patrick. He laughed and waved off my act of seriousness.

“Let the boy be, he told me vital information like you’re half Puerto Rican,” he looked into my eyes, urging me to explain.

“Yeah my mom’s side is Puerto Rican and my dad’s side is English. That’s where I got the ass from, my momma’s side,” I said proudly. He smirked.

“That’s cute. So, what do you think of the guys?”

“They’re cool. Joe is the best; he’s really funny. But Pete kept looking at me funny though,” I looked at him with a feeling he told them something about me.

“That’s Pete for you; he knows how to make someone comfortable. But he is originally nice,” he shrugged at the non-surprising manners of his friend.

“Oh ok, for a moment I thought he was looking at my ass or something,” Patrick choked on his drink as I mentioned that. Yep, he told them something about my ass. For some reason it turned me on unlike how I would always get pissed if someone talked about it. He cleared his throat.

“If he was looking then I’ll beat the crap out of him for you when I get home,” he suggested. I smiled, folded my arms and leaned back on my chair.

“Why, are you feeling a bit jealous there?” he chuckled, scratching the back of his head in attempt to hide the redness of his face.

“So would you like to get some ice cream before I take you home?” he asked, changing the subject. I laughed at his attempt and shook my head; he was too cute.

“Yeah that would be nice. It is getting pretty late,” I smiled.

“Uh huh, I wouldn’t want James coming after me for bringing you home late,” he mocked.

“Yeah right, James would actually be worried if I even went home tonight,” I rolled my eyes. Patrick nodded his head in agreement.


“So did you enjoy my oh-so-dashing company tonight?” Patrick asked as we walked hand in hand and came to a stop in front of my door.

“Oh yeah totally, I could think of nothing better to do than talk about how chocolate chip cookies are made with you,” I mocked playfully. He gave a pretend stern look.

“Hey, the best chocolate chip cookies are made the way Patrick Stump makes them,” he said with a smug look.

“Well then maybe sometime I should come visit this Patrick Stump and have a taste of his cookies,” I winked. He moved closer to me, almost closing the gap between us.

“You definitely should. He’ll be waiting,” he smiled. I looked up into his eyes, which seemed to be greener than ever. I bit my lip, nervous about what could come.

“How about we um…how about…” I stuttered, I couldn’t even think of what I wanted to say. I could feel his breath, our eyes not leaving one another’s.

“I hope you don’t mind me breaking the laws of first dates,” he whispered.

“What would that be?” I asked, in the same volume.

“Kissing on the first date.” Our lips slightly brushed. I already felt like my breath slipping away.

“I don’t mind at all.” With that I closed the microscopic gap between our lips and kissed him lightly. He returned the kiss with much more passion. His lips against mine felt like nothing on Earth; my mind went into another dimension. Patrick could kiss. He rubbed his tongue on my lip begging for entrance; I granted his wish and opened my mouth inviting his tongue in. We battled for dominance; him winning by far as every second filled with absolute bliss passed us. After what seemed like an eternity I stupidly pulled away for breath. I’d already missed the warm feeling of his lips on mine. I opened my eyes to see his still closed. Slowly they fluttered open, and a smile was creeping on both of our faces. I looked down and bit my lip.

“Wow,” he breathed out. I let out a small giggle. Oh my God I giggled.

“Yeah, that was great.” My shyness kicked in like nothing on Earth. “I should maybe go inside before James comes out looking for me,” I pointed back to the door when I mentioned James.

“Oh yeah I forgot James could kick my ass if his little girl wasn’t home on time,” he winked. I chuckled and caught a glimpse into his eyes. I quickly looked to the floor again, shuffling my feet.

“Uh huh. I’ll see you sometime again right Trick,” I looked at him in the eye. He nodded. I started making my way backwards to the door. Just as I was about to turn I felt his hand pulling on my arm back to him and crashed his lips to mine again. He held my head in place by putting his hand behind my neck. I don’t know if I mentioned this but this boy is going to be the death of me.

This time he pulled away but my eyes were still closed. I slowly opened them to the sight of a big grin on his face. I smiled then gave him a quick peck on his lips. “I’ll see you tomorrow,” I gave him another kiss and he held it longer than I intended. I pulled away from him and opened my door, walked in and waved to him before I closed the door. I leaned back on the door and looked at James who just appeared from the kitchen. He leaned on the wall with a smirk on his face.

“Well?” he asked, as if he didn’t know. But I told him anyway.

“Oh. My. God.”





remember, reviews make my heart keep beating
Sign up to rate and review this story