Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > My Heart Is the worst Kind Of Weapon

Chapter 12: Are we going up or just going down?

by dasiaRAWR 3 reviews

rate/review please

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2007-12-18 - Updated: 2007-12-19 - 2104 words

1Original
Dasia's Pov

Matt offered me a ride home. I stubbornly took it. I guess it wasnt too bad, Matt was pretty handsome. Of course, not in the same way as I think of Pete. He kept trying to make moves on me which I didnt exactly like.
"So, do you always stay late?" He asked keeping his eyes on the road. I raised an eyebrow and he grinned.
"I was waiting for you." he continues.
"For?" I ask as if I really cared. He shrugged his shoulders.
"I don't know, I thought maybe I could give you a ride home."he says.
I looked out the window. "Well here I am."
He smirked. "Yup."
If I didnt know any better, maybe I would've been more gullible in all this. But I did. I had a brother who I've seen use his reputation and cheesy lines to score girls.

I kept my distance. If anyone would call the shots, it would be me. "What are you doing friday?" he asked pulling up to my house. I stood quiet and thought for a moment.
"I dont know" I say with a bit of an attitude. I was hoping maybe he would think i was a bitch and give up. It seemed to excite him.
"I know you heard of that kid's party." He says. I looked him in the eye. "Yeah. I did. And His name is Andy"
"Oh. So your gonna go with me, right?" he said jumping to conclusions. Ddid he really think that I would just...cooperate?
"Maybe I have plans. So I have to get back with you" I tell him being a smart ass. I think the more I tried to be fiesty, the harder he would try.
"Try telling me tommorrow." he says as I close the car door.
"Excuse me." He smiled at me.
"You never called me" he says. I sighed thinking of my eventful weekend. I laughed to myself. After everything, how could i forget to call a boy?
"I didn't know the number had an expiration date!" i reply.
"Oh. Funny." he says. I couldnt hold back from laughing out loud. Was he really this anxious to talk to me? Then I stopped feeling sympathy for him. I wondered if Matt was as anxious as me with Pete.
"Ok. I guess I may have to think about it." Then I saw the most cocky grin spread across his face. I smiled back. Maybe I should give the guy a break.

Pete's Pov
The rest of soccer practice was a drag. Afterwards, I was pretty sore and couldnt wait to just kick back and relax. On Tuesdays, I gave everyone a ride home. It took forever. And on top of that, a headache was trying to form. The music blasted from the car speakers and I turned down the music from my mother's car.
"What's wrong?" Stephen asked. Anyother time I would have been acting like a total idiot with them. BUt ever since before, I just wasnt in the mood to goof around with the rest of the guys.
Some time within the 20 minutes later, I was down to only Nate left to drop off.
He was always the last drop-off being he was the closest to my house. I didn't exactly live in Chicago like the rest of my friends. I lived in a surburb outside of the city. It's a small town called Wilmette. But I loved going to school in the city. My mother teaches grammar school so she knows tons of people. Including Mrs. Stewart, Dasia's mom. I think they were colleagues or something like that.

I sighed looking at the familiar Chicago skyline. We were almost to Nate's.
"So are you?" Nate asks, snapping me back to reality.
"What?" i ask in response.
"Going to Andy's place friday? I heard you and jenna were gonna hook up for the party." Nate gave an approving smile.
I blushed. Jenna was some girl who supposedly had a crush on me. But I wasnt interested. She was just like anyother girl I've dated. Beautiful. But they were lacking in the personality area. But what would i know. I was just as original as them. I was never the trend-setter, just the trend-follower.
"No, I'm not going with Jenna." I finally tell him. I was ready for the reaction.
He sneered. "She's freakin hot!" he says. It was true. She was very cute."Why not?"
I shrugged. Why didnt I want to go with her? "Uhh...we have nothing in common" I lied.
Nate laughed. "Queer, much?".
I ignored his arrogance.
"Who are you taking then?" Nate says with his tone becoming serious.
Dasia was the first name to pop in my head. I looked at Nate and feared telling him.
But she would be a good friend to bring along. There would be no pressure. She was like one of the guys and I knew I was guaranteed to have a good time.
I doubt she would have a date. Wait, a minute. Did I just say date? No, it won't be a date. She's only 14. I'm nearly legal.
'i'm not taking anyone"I tell Nate. He didnt care. He just made sure he would be with Stacey on Friday.
It seemed we pulled up to Nate's just in time. i looked out into the windshield to see Matthew dropping off Dasia. She closed the door and leaned down into the car. I wanted to know what they were talking about. Instead all I could see was Dasia's relentless look. Something about her bold personality was inviting. Meeting her, you would think she was older than 14. Not in physical appearance, but in intellects. She was your typical smart ass and she knows it. She was the type of girl who kept you on the edge of your seat. She was unpredictable and I guess I wasnt the only one who noticed that.
Matt smiled back at her, a smug one. I felt my jaw tighten and Nate got out the car. Why didnt Nate care his sister was with this ass? Wasnt he scared for her?
"You coming in?" he asks. I immediately shut off the engine. Just as I did, Matt drove off. I got out the car, still wondering what they might've talked about.
"Hey!" i say politely to Dasia. She looked up at me. "Hi" she replies with a blank expression. Something had to be bothering her. But What??
I caught up to Nate and followed him in the house.
I was there longer than I intended. 45 minutes passed. Since i've been there so many times before, i did the usual. Raid their fridge then head up to Nate's room.
Dasia's door was closed.
"Dude, you gotta take Jenna to the party! Stephen just told me there's gonna be beer!" he says with excitement. I told him no, repeatedly.

There was a knock on the door afterwards. Dasia came in on the second knock. She was in a different outfit. A more casual one. It made me realize, that she was changing. Slowly.
She held a phone in her hand. "What!?" Nate yelled at her. I hated when he would yell at dasia. I was always left in an awkward place.
'It's Stacey!" she says clearly showing she didnt care. Nate got up and snatched the phone. He tried shoving her out the room but she stood her ground. I laughed. Dasia's a stubborn little bitch.
"GO!" Nate yelled. She folded her arms. "I was talking to someone on the other line"
"Who would want to talk to you?" Nate says.
"Uhh...I dont know. Try asking Matthew." she says.
Everyone stood quiet.
"Tell your little slut you'll call her later" she says bitterly.
Nate got mad. He clicked over to the other line. "Hey Matt" Nate speaks into the phone. Dasia remained fearless."Do me a favor and stay away from my sister. Or else." Dasia gave Nate a sour look. It was obvious Nate didnt care who dasia was with. He was driving Dasia's interest away, out of pure spite. And I was kinda glad.
"Your a dick." she says slamming his door.
He clicked back over and began talking to Stacey.
After a couple of minutes, I became bored. I slipped out of the room and headed downstairs.
I went straight to the kitchen for a drink. I walked into the living room opening a can of soda. dasia was laying on the couch. She looked up, saw it was only me, and stared back at the t.v. screen.
I sat on the opposite couch. i kept seeing her glance at me. She was thinking.
The curiousity killed me.
I playfully reached over and took the remote control that was by her.I realized afterwards that maybe i got a little too close for comfort. She looked up at me again but this time i noticed something new. She was fighting against a smile. She turned back to the t.v.
I sipped some of my soda, trying to hide my smile as well. I didnt know why I was smiling. I noticed she had the other phone set by her as well.
"So..." I say trying to make conversation. I had nothing better to do.
"So." she replies still watching t.v.
I started drumming against the ledge of the sofa.
"That's really annoying." She tells me. I stopped.
"The news of Andy's party is spreading like wildfire. i hope Andy could handle the crowd." I say trying to bring a fresh topic. She sighed softly.
"Yup. Lots of people are going." she replies bored."I was going.'
"Was?" I say with interest.
"Mhmm. First time I get invited to a high school party, and now i may be dateless." she says sitting up.
"Matt's taking you." Surprisement in my voice.
"If he listend to Nate, then no. He's not taking me." she says.
I took another sip of my soda. I hoped she didnt go.
"Aren't you going?" she asks.
I looked up. "Was." I mocked and she grinned.
"Dateless too." she guesses.

Dasia's Pov
"Dateless too" I guess. He nodded his head yes. Ask him now!
I couldnt.
"Algebra!" he says picking up my unfinished work on the coffee table in front of us.
I was annoyed with myself. Why am I so scared?
"Yeah. I need to finish my work." I say grabbing the book from him. He kept a tight grip on it and I had to force it out his hands. Not that I mind. I smiled opening up to where I left off. He was staring at me and i looked down at the gibberish called math.
"I barely passed that stuff with a "B" he smiles.
"I barely pass at all"I joked. He frowned "Oh.Sorry"
He leaned over to look at my assignment. "Oohh. Thats hard stuff.What's this?" he asks taking my notebook. I hardly kept work in there. Instead they were my drawings. Just random things i would draw. Some was grafitti-styled. Others were sketches. Just drawings.
"I like some of these" he says. I blushed as he flipped through the book and I would like nothing more than to kiss pete right at the moment.
"This is why you dont pay attention in class" he says setting aside the book. Sure, I thought, I draw and day-dream about you.
As brave as i may come off, I couldnt bring myself to build up the guts to make a move. What if I did and it totally ruined the little friendship we had.

As if right on cue, the phone ringed. Pete looked dazed. Neither of us answered it. We waited for Nate to, but he didnt.
Finally, I got frustrated and picked it up.
"Hello."
"Dasia." It was my dad!
I saw pete looked at the clock and freaked. I didnt want him to leave. Not just yet.
"I'm stopping by" he mumbles. I stood up as Pete put on his jacket.
"Your stopping by" i say realizing he meant soon. I tried maintaining a conversation while Pete was getting ready to leave.
Pete told Nate he was leaving. And finally I hung up. "your leaving?" i caught myself saying.
"Yeah. Hopefully, I wont be in major trouble when i get home." he says walking out the door. I watched get in the car. He waved goodbye before driving off.
I sighed. Mom doesnt come hom for another 25 minutes.
I remained in the doorway. I turned. "Nate!" I yell. He grunted. "Dad's coming!"




Sign up to rate and review this story