Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > My Heart Is the worst Kind Of Weapon

Chapter 13: Talking's Just a waste of breath

by dasiaRAWR 3 reviews

sorry for the wait. plesae rate or review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2008-01-25 - Updated: 2008-01-26 - 1736 words

1Moving
Nate was at the top of the stairs. "What did you just say?" he asks. I sigh. "Dad is coming." Nate made a face.
I didn't see what the big deal was. He'll get the remaining of his things and then leave.
I returned to the living room, trying to focus on something else. The first thing to pop into my head was Pete, but I didn't want to think about him. Whenever I did, I would get frustrated with everything.
With me being such a coward. With him just being so...dumb. It made me wonder if this how things are supposed to be. Am I really nothing more than Nate's little sister?

I heard a car in the driveway. I listened closely. The door opened soon after.
"I'm home." my mother announces. I buried my face in my hands.. Of all days, she comes out early today. I was hoping my Dad would be gone by the time she got home. I didn't move. I was thinking of how this may turn out.
My mother laid her purse on the table. "So, how was your day? No trouble yet."
I rolled my eyes. "No, but Dad is stopping by." She paused for a moment, and then continued to take off her jacket. "What are you watching?" she asks standing beside me. I ignored her.
"Didn't you hear me? Dad's coming by." i repeat.
"Yes, I heard you clear." she replies.
I was surprised. I was expecting more.
She prepared dinner, as usual.
Nate came down and anyone could sense, he wasn't in the best mood. I wasn't in the mood either. At least, not in the mod to argue.
My mother tried to ease the tension.
"So when is your next soccer game?" my mother asked Nathan. I sighed. I knew, without my dad, most conversations would be about Nate and his excellence.
"Next Friday" he mumbled. she nodded her head and I played with my pasta.
"How's the team looking?" she asked. Nate was annoyed.
"I don't know, the team is everywhere now-a-days" he admits. He glared at me.
"What do you mean?" mom asked.
"One of our best players is...he's...." he stopped. "Forget it."
"No, tell me" my mom demanded.
"He's not into the game, all of a sudden" he tells her. She gave him a sympathetic look.
"I hope this doesn't effect the games" she says.
"Oh, please" I blurt out, "Can't the mighty Nathan Stewart get through the game? I mean, who needs teammates when your "THE" Nathan Stewart"
My mom slammed her fork on her plate.
"Must you be so..."
"jealous" Nate finished her sentence. I laughed. He satred at me for the longest. He was restraining from something. I don't know what, but it must have meant a lot if he kept it a secret.
"Can i be excused?"i asked. I got up and went into my room to call Matt for awhile.
The door bell ranged.
And ranged.
And ranged.
I told Matt I would call him back as soon as I could.
I rushed down the stairs.
"Can't anyone hear the door?" i yell in frustration. I opened it. My father was on the porch.
"Oh" was all I could say.
My mother came to the door.
My dad smiled at her. "Angela"
She had an icy expression.
"Dasia, the rest of his stuff is upstairs." she says walking back into the living room. I looked down awkward at how the tension that was so obvious.
"Where's Nate?" he asked looking over my shoulder. I shrugged. I looked over his and into the car. There was a woman. I couldn't see her but I felt hate for her and i didn't even know who she was.
"I'm right here" he says appearing. My father struggled to come up with words. Nate didn't help either. He was just bitter as my mom.
"Can I come in for a moment? I would like to talk to you too." he asks. Nate looked at him hard.
"No. My mother doesn't want you in the house."he tells him.
I saw the hurt in his eyes.
"I guess I just have to talk you all out here." he finally says. He couldnt look us in the eye.
"Umm..." he says "my first concern is you two." He was nervous.
"bullshit" nate interrupts. "yeah, your soo concern for the family. So what the reason you left, again"
Dad look down. "I didn't leave. I'm still your father, Nathaniel." he says. His tone was stern.
Nate looked outraged. "Why are you here again?" My dad opened his mouth but Nate interrupted once again. "you know what, just....go, if your leaving."
I couldn't believe Nate.
"I've got better things to do" Nate says before leaving.
He dissappeared upstairs and returned with my dad's belongings.
"Let's make it official." Nate says handing my dad the luggage. I stared in disbelief.
Nate left.
I couldn't move from the door way.
"I guess I should be leaving now." he says with regret in his voice. I looked down at the ground, shaking my head.
"No!" I said.
He look discouraged. "I really think I should"
My eye burned from fighting against the tears. "At least I deserve an explanation."
He sighed and I closed the front door. I folded my arms, probably a female instinct.
"I'm sorry" he muttered to the ground.
"Sorry!" I yell."Your not sorry. That little girl doesn't need you to be sorry that you had her."
He looked at me, surprised.
"Alright." he paused. "It's just difficult."
"cut the bullshit" i tell him. I never swore in front of my parents but my temper was getting the best of me.
"What do you want me to say?" he says"It's not easy to come home day after day knowing you have another life."
"you seem to do it with ease for years."
He sighed. "Maybe I should've just talked over the phone with you and Nate."
I shook my head. "Nate isn't going to talk to you." My voice was suddenly becoming calm.
I knew he was ashamed and it was hard to explain to me, but I felt like I should know.
"I should get going." He waited by the door as i ran up the stairs to get his luggage.
I stood by the doorway as he hugged me. It was an awkward hug that I wasn't used to.
"When can I come over?" I asked. I had to know where he lived for times when the last place i wanted to be was here.
He shut his eyes searching for words.
"Dad?"
"You can't visit me"
"What!?" i yelled.
"another thing I left out was..." I waited for him to continue.
"What is it?" I reassured.
"... was that we're moving"
"oh."
"yeahh....i doubt your mother will let you come down to jersey with me."
I looked up,baffled.
"New Jersey?" I repeated.
He couldn't face me and I held back from tears.
What would they do? The only thing tears would do is make me seem like a coward.
"Thats..."
"Maybe you can come out for the summers"
I shook my head in approval. I couldn't speak. I was afraid, I'll lose control or something.
"I-....Mom probably wants me." I said as an awful excuse.
He left with one last goodbye.
and I closed the door and stood against it for awhile.
Do not cry. I kept thinking. I knew it wasn't working and my eyes burned more than ever.
"Did he leave yet?" my mother asked from a distance. I ignored her and walked up the stairs.
Nathan was on laying with his back on the bed.
He muttered something when I walked by. I need something to take my mind off of things. I thought for a moments before there was a knock on a door.
"Phone" Nate says. He stood there as I answered.
"Pete"I shifted on my bed and glanced at Nate who still had his fierce glare on me.
"Hi" he said. He laughed a little and i almost forgot what was bothering me before.
"I need to ask you something. About the party tomorrow" I could hardly hear him because Nate began mumbling.
"Do you mind?" i ask annoyed.
"Yes, I do" He replys. I looked at him, unconcerned.
"I fucking hate you" He remarked.
I stared at him.
"Is this a bad time?" Pete asked.
"No' I quickly replied. I didn't know what Nate's problem was but he needed to stop.
They both continued to talk. "Nate!GO!" I yell.
"No."he says, "your gonna listen to me" I told Pete to wait while I got him out the room. I struggled and we began to argue. I guess whatever stress he was in was finally breaking out.
"I don't understand how you could be so remorseless!" he yelled.
"I'm remorseless! What about you? You couldn't even talk to dad."
"Look at you! what kind of person doesn't cry when their father walks out on them?"He yells in my face. "Even when he admits to fucking some whore and getting her pregnant, you still don't care. he even says he's moving to new jersey and yet, does it matter to you? No!"
i stood quiet. I did care.
"Is that why you vanished for a couple of days? So you can get yourself together. Guess what, your not the only one who's going through shit, Nate."
"Whatever." he says.
"No. You wanna see me cry so badd then make me cry." He clenched his fists. "You can't do it, Can you?"His eyes began to water. "Your the weak one." I laughed. "The Famous Nathaniel Stewart is going to cry because he has some daddy issues." i say stepping back and grabbing the phone.
"Grow a pair of balls. Your not the first person to go through this." I yell at him as he slammed my door. I waited to hear his door slam too but it didn't. Instead the front door did. and I began to wonder if this was going to become a habit of Nate's. Running away whenever he felt defeated.
"Pete" I yell into the phone.
There was no answer.
I threw the phone on my bed in frustration. Thanks to Nathan, now I won't know want Pete called for.
Sign up to rate and review this story