Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > My Heart Is the worst Kind Of Weapon

Chapter 14: Bad tipper of the cradle

by dasiaRAWR 2 reviews

sorry for the wait. please read, rate, or review. I hope you enjoy. =]]

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2008-02-26 - Updated: 2008-02-27 - 1559 words

1Exciting
i hovered over the phone for minutes after Nathan left.
I finally decided not to call him back. Most of the reason being for the fact that Matt called me.
Afterwards, I didnt bother to go downstairs. My mom would just want to know what happened. Why Nathan left and then somehow the blame will be put on me.
I tossed and turned for the most part. I couldnt convince myself that i was tired. I hated this. I tried pushing out all my stress with Andy's Party.
It was my first High School party. I figured Renee would help me get ready. I still havent answered Matt's offer but im pretty sure he's taking me over to Andy's. He kinda does what he wants regardless.

The alarm woke me up at 6am. I stumbled up and headed towards the bathroom. I peered over to find that Nate was in his room. I get ready as usual. And now that i wore more makeup than before, I guess you can say it gets done quicker. I wasnt no expert like renee but it was good enough in my opinion.
I was ready when my mom's alarm went off 45 minutes later. She walked over and knocked on Nate's door. He mumbled as he rub his eyes awake."I'm tired of this." he says. My mom nervously glanced at me before she mumbled to him, too low for me to hear. They continued to talk in secrecy."Please"she pleaded.
I hear enough. I put on my walkman and headed downstairs to grab some breakfast.
my thoughts were racing about tonight. It didnt take long until i was joined by my mother and brother. I kept quiet as I munched away on a granola bar.
"Why dont you have some real breakfast,sweety?"she says takin off one of my earphones. I stared up at her while Nate proceeded to ignore my existence."I'm not really hungry"I tell her. Her eyes watered. For a moment, i thought she was going to have a nervous breakdown 7:30 in the morning. Usually Nate is the one to her rescue, always comforting her. Supporting her every decision. But today, this wasnt the case. He just waited for her. I looked at the both of them. Theyre not telling me something!
"What is going on?" my voice was naturally beginning to pick up volume.
The silence continued. My mother looked up at Nate. He kept this assertive expression and she shook her head no.

why do they do this? I'm sitting in between them and it's like i cant pick up on the conversation.

I grew impatient."Mom-"
"oh, look at the time" she says."we gotta get goin. Now, I'm going to be home around 9. Order out if you two get hungry." she handed Nate my father's car keys."Make sure she gets there on time" she says to him.
She rushed out the door. I gather up my stuff. I stared at Nate for a moment.
"We gotta-"
"Your not riding with me." he say walking past. Usually I would retaliate but i prefered to keep my cool.
"Fine." i reply before leaving out the front door.


Luckily I wasnt late for homeroom.I met up with Renee and Max at the lockers. Its no surprise to see them cuddling. However, what surprised me was to see Matt standing by my locker.
He smiled as I approached him. I raised an eyebrow in curiousity.
"What's up?" i ask casually.
He shrugged his shoulders and continued to smile. He wrapped his arms around my waist and i tensed up. I was not used to affection.
"Something wrong?" he asks. He knew he was testing his boundaries.
"Ummmm....i guess not-"
"Good." he grinned.
I forced a smiled back. I managed out of Matt's grip and to get into my locker. Mat was talking with one of his friends so his attention was elsewhere.
I let out a deep breath as I turned to face Matt. Instead I caught a glimpse of Pete.
"Sup." he says cheerfully. I couldnt help but grin. He was such a dork. Then again, isnt that what I like about him?
"Hey wentz."i say practically forgetting about everything "why did you hang up last night?"
He looked uncomfortable. "Well, I kinda heard you and Nate arguing so I figure I would call you back or something."
I shook my head in understandment.
"Why did you even call in the first place?" i tried to lighten the mood.
He looked down and blushed a little. My heart raced. Could it be that I make Pete blush?
Before he could look back at me, Matt was by my side again this time holding my hand. i looked down at our hands entwined. I wanted to punch Matt in the face.
I could tell Pete was in an even more awkward situation.
"well why did you?" i say trying to focus ont the situation. Pete looked around. "Nothing." he says with some solemn.
If I could, I would scream at the top of my lungs. Why cant I just know what was going through that mind of his.
Why cant he just say the reason he was calling for?
Why cant I know if I was the reason he blush?
I just need simple answers. That's it.
The bell ranged for first period.
"Come on" Matt urged. He was dragging me through the crowd of students.
I peered back.
Pete was already joined by Nate and the jock clique.
"so when am i picking u up for tonite?" matt asked outside my homeroom.
"umm...."i searched for an answer. "im not sure if i want to go now."
"how come?! dont u know the kid?"
i was annoyed. "once again his name is andy."
"yeah, andy. I bet you'll have fun."
"im not into parties" i lied. I wasnt into parties cuz i was never invited.
"More of a reason to come then."
I stared at him confused.
"i'll make it worthwhile"
I rolled my eyes yet it was something about matt. I dont know if it was good or bad, but i guess i kinda liked it. It was kinda different from the usual crush on pete.


Pete's Pov

I cant stand this.
Why can she or anyone realize it?
Matt is the definition of trouble itself.
"Pete" patricks yells out. We were in math class."you okay,man?"
Nate looked over at us."Im fine" I turned away, staring icily at the back of matt.
I bet he asked her out.
what an asshole!
he's only going to take advantage of her.
what does he want with her?
What can he possibly know about dasia?
He doesnt know the tomboy behind the newly found wardrobe.
Hardly no one in school does.
"Pat" i whisper.
He looked up from his assignment. "Whats up?"
"whats the deal with him?" Patrick followed my eyes to matt.
"Why do u want to know?" Patrick asked.
'I just do!" i reply in defense.
"well thats who joe gets his pot from?" patrick says calmly.
I faced patrick. "So what is he. Like the school's drug smuggler." I joked half-heartedly.
"pretty much" patrick replies without looking up from his work.
"i thought joe was done with all that."
"he is now" patrick says.
My mind began rushing with thoughts of who matt really was opposed to how he acted around dasia.
Images of him holding her this morning popped into mind. Them holding hand while I trying to talk to dasia.
Well I was tryin to find out if the rumors were true. If they were really a couple.
I would have ask nate but what would care?
he obviously doesnt care that his kid sister is dating a drug dealer.
I dont know what kind of brother he is, but i wouldnt like it.
I would hate to see hilary with him.
I would hate to see dasia with him.
hes my age and hes with a 14 yr old.
Hes with dasia.
Who does that?

"Are you catching a ride with us?" Nate asked at lunch. "yeah." i replied.
"Cool, we're meeting up at my house then heading over to the party."
"why?" i asked.
"I dont know. We just figure we have some fun before going. Like a pre-party i guess. Besides i really need to let loose" he tells me. I already knew this deal. We'll have a couple of drinks being that his mom isnt home. That way by time we got to the party, theyre full of energy and what not.
"Ok i may pass through ur house around 7:30." i sighed.
they began to talk about soccer.
"Oh yeah, i dont think im going to practice today." i tell everyone at the table.
The bell ring for the end of the lunch period.
"What!?" Nate yelled.
"I have to be home early" I lied. Nate rolled his eyes. I was a bad liar.
"He's just scared that coach hasnt forgot about his big screw-up from last practice" Stephen says.
I laughed a couple of times with him and Nate's expression eased.
"alright, so 7:30" Nate tells me before leaving.
I agreed.
now the problem is figuring out what will I do until then?



author's note: i apologize once again for the wait.
Sign up to rate and review this story