Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued

It's A Plus - DEC 19

by AlexSanDee 4 reviews

Ray needs help. Gee calls. Kelly is happy about Luke.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-12-19 - Updated: 2007-12-19 - 1888 words

2Ambiance
“I was very worried.”
Kelly closed the door behind her. “Sorry Mom.”
“Why in God’s name did you get into a car with a boy you know doesn’t have a drivers license?”
“There’s a good reason.” Kelly said. She walked past her mother and into the living room.
Monica followed her. “Okay, lets hear it.”
Kelly sat down and Frank immediately jumped in her lap. She waited until Monica took a seat then explained. “Frank and I had just turned around to come home when a car with a bunch of Mike’s friends drove by. They were yelling some stupid stuff at me.”
“What kind of stuff?” Monica intruded.
“Just crap. They were giving me a hard time. Asking me if I wanted a ride. Laughing at me. Anyway they stopped beside me and I started walking but they didn’t go away until another car honked. It was Luke. He asked me if I wanted a ride cause the guys were turning around to come back and hassle me some more.”
“Kelly, who were these boys?”
“Mom, let it go. Making a big deal out of it will only make it worse.” She saw that her mom didn’t agree so she continued quickly, “Anyway Frank and I got into Luke’s car cause he said he knew where I lived and I figured he’d just drive me home but when he asked if I had to get right home I said no.”
“Why?”
“Mom, Luke has been pretty nice to me. One of Mike’s friends was being a douche in the lunch room today and Luke sorta helped me out.” She wasn’t sure she wanted to share the whole story.
Monica wanted the rest of the story, “Helped you out, how?”
“He tripped him.”
“Kelly, how much shit are you getting from kids at school?”
Kelly blinked. Her mom usually didn’t say words like shit. At least not in front of her. “Not so much” she lied.
Monica sighed, “Look it’s nice Luke helped you out but you still shouldn’t have gone for a ride with him. How much do you know about this boy?”
“Mom, I’m not a baby.”
“I didn’t say you were. But you got into a car with a guy you hardly know, then went for a ride with him knowing he didn’t have a license.”
Kelly wondered what her mom would think if she knew she had gone to a deserted house with him. “He’s a nice guy, Mom.”
“No more rides with him, okay?”
“Look, I don’t even think he likes me all that much. Just don’t make a big deal out of it, okay?”
Monica sighed, “Dinner is still in the oven.”
Kelly nodded and pushed Frank off her lap. “Come on Frankie, let’s get some grub.”

“Hey, Jamia.”
“Ray, how are you?” Jamia asked. She was surprised to hear his voice.
“Could be better actually. I’ve kinda got a problem.”
Jamia lowered herself slowly onto the sofa. “What’s up?”
“Can you talk right now? I mean is Alicia there?”
“She’s in the shower. Why, is Mikey okay?”
“It’s not him, it’s Christa. She’s upset and I don’t know how to handle it.”
Jamia was confused, “I don’t mind but how come you’re asking me?”
“It sorta involves you.” He filled up the ice bucket while he talked, “She found out that I know about Alicia.”
“How on earth did she find out?”
“Frank told her.”
“Frank? Why did he do that? Alicia didn’t want anyone to know and I told him in confidence. You only found out cause you were with him.”
“Hey, you have to ask him that one, yourself. Anyway, Mikey asked Christa to talk to Alicia cause he thought maybe she would tell him if something was wrong.”
“This is getting confusing.”
Ray laughed, “Yeah, it is. Christa called Alicia but I guess Alicia sorta blew her off. Said she’s talk to her later but when Christa tried to call again, Alicia didn’t answer. So when Frank told her about Alicia she got her feeling hurt cause I hadn’t confided in her that I knew Alicia was sick.” He put the lid on the ice bucket and headed back down the hall.
“So she’s hurt cause you didn’t tell her and cause Alicia blew her off?”
“Yep, hell she cried about it. I don’t know what to do. She thinks she’s an outsider. She thinks you, Alicia, Kara and Monica don’t accept her as one of the gang.”
“That’s not true. Look I don’t know about Alicia not talking to her. I guess it’s cause she been so upset but the good news is she’s okay. The tests came back and it’s nothing serious. She run down but that’s it.”
“Hell, that is good news. She gonna tell Mikey she’s been sick?”
“No, she said since it’s no big deal that she’s not even gonna mention it.”
Ray was back at the room. Christa was still in the shower. “So what do I do?” he asked getting back to his problem.
“Let me think on it. Does she know you called me?”
“Nope, I figured that might make her mad.”
Jamia laughed, “Oh Torosaurus you are learning. I’ll talk to Alicia, Monica and Kara. We’ll figure out a way to make Christa realize we love her.”
Ray sat the ice bucket down. “Thanks cause I love her too.”

Alicia stepped out of the shower and dried herself off. She looked at her reflection in the mirror and sighed. Mikey would be home soon, she reminded herself. He’d help her face this. The dark circles under her eyes were more pronounced now that her makeup had been washed off. Crap, that was bad. She looked bad.
She had just gotten her PJ’s on when Mikey called.
“Hey, how’s my girl?”
Alicia made sure she sounded right. “You’re girl is all good, Baby. Did you win big money at the casino? You know I’m an expert at the slots. I could give you some pointers.”
Mikey laughed, “Yeah, you’re a slot goddess. I wish you were here with me.”
“Me too.” Alicia said with all her heart. “Me too.”

“What are you wearing?”
Monica rolled her eyes, “Mr. Way do you just call me for sex?”
Gerard laughed, “No. But I gotta admit when it happens it’s a plus.”
“Well none for you tonight, buddy. I’m tired.” She said with a laugh.
“So what’s new?” He asked flopping down on his bed.
“Well Kelly scared the shit out of me today.”
“Why?”
“She took Frank out for a walk and then didn’t come home when she was supposed to.”
Gerard frowned, “Where’d she go?”
Monica sighed, “Some of Mike’s friends went by and we’re hassling her. A boy she knows from school came along and gave her a ride so she didn’t have to deal with them.”
“So what’s the problem?” He was confused.
“He took her for a ride instead of bringing her home. He’s her age and shouldn’t be driving.”
“Oh” Gerard said slowly. “Did you meet him when he brought her home?”
“Yeah.”
“So what’s he like?”
“Okay.”
Gerard laughed, “You aren’t much for conversation tonight. Short answers. Let me drag with out of you. What’s the kid like? How’s he look?”
Monica giggled, “He sorta looks like a young version of you.”
“What? Hey, what do you mean a young version of me? I’m still young.”
“You know what I mean. He looks like you only younger.”
“I guess me now only younger. Not what I really looked like at that age cause it wasn’t pretty.”
“Funny. I don’t know he seemed nice enough I guess. I don’t know.”
“You’re just leery cause of Mike. He seemed nice and now we know.”
Monica thought a moment, “Yeah, that’s true.”
“So does she like him?”
“She seemed to smile a lot at him. I just don’t want her to get hurt again.”
Gerard grabbed his pack of cigarettes. “I know. I was thinking how weird it is that Kell has these feelings about things that are gonna happen sometimes but evidently she never picked up on Mike’s true personality.”
“I guess her psychic feelings are hit and miss. You realize she was right the other night. She said she thought something bad was gonna happen and it did, to Mike and Dylan,”
“Fuck, I didn’t put that together until now.”
“Weird, ain’t it?”
“Yeah, weird. So are you gonna tell me?”
Monica laughed, “Are you back to that again?”
“Honey, I’m always back to that.”
“I’m not telling you so stop.”
Gerard laughed, “Not even a little hint? Come on I’m needin’ a visual. I miss you and if I can get an idea of what you look like right now it helps.”
Monica laughed, “Do you really think I’m gonna fall for that one?”
“Guy’s gotta try.” He said
“Damn, the sexy voice. Oh fine.” She proceeded to tell him that she had just gotten out of the shower and was only wearing a towel.

Kelly grabbed her cell phone. She was pleased to see it was Sarah calling,
“Hey, Kelly. I hope you’re not mad at me.”
“Why would I be mad?”
“Well my stupid brother told me tonight that he hangs with that guy who tripped Joss today.”
“Luke. His name is Luke.”
“Yeah, Luke. Anyway, he said that Luke wanted your cell phone number so he asked me.”
Kelly smiled. “Did you give it to him?” She asked hopefully.
“Yeah, are you mad?”
“No, it’s okay. I don’t mind.”
Sarah was silent for a few moments. “You don’t like him do you?”
“Why?”
“Well he’s kinda strange. I mean I don’t think he’s got too many friends. I’m surprised my brother even knows him. But then Dan is sorta strange.”
“Your brother isn’t strange and Luke isn’t strange either.” Kelly said angrily.
“Hey, don’t get mad. I’m just saying Luke isn’t..well he isn’t”
Kelly intruded her, “He isn’t popular?”
“Well yeah, that’s true.”
“So what? He can’t be a nice guy if he isn’t popular?”
“I didn’t say that.”
“But that’s what you mean.”
Sarah sighed, “Look Kelly, I just don’t want to see you have any more problems at school.”
“And if I like Luke then I would have problems?”
“Lot’s of people will think it’s wrong.”
Kelly sighed, “Yeah, well I’m tired of worrying about what a bunch of people I don’t even like think about me.”
Sarah didn’t know what to say. “Hey, I’ll see you tomorrow at school.”
“Sure, see ya.” Kelly closed her phone and set it down. Suddenly she smiled. Luke had her number.
Sign up to rate and review this story