Categories > Original > Romance > True Love

The Party (CHAPTER 11)

by rogue77 0 reviews

Valentine's Day

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-01-21 - Updated: 2006-01-21 - 744 words

0Unrated
Harry remembered how beautiful and drop-dead goregous Hermione had looked for the Yule Ball, but that was nothing to how she looked now. Back then she was just a 14 year old girl, but now she was a 16 year old woman. Harry looked quite dashing himself. He had 24 long-stemed red roses for Hermione. Hermione had on the most beautiful dress on, with just a beautiful smile. "You look wonderful. These are for you." Harry said as he handed them to Hermione. She blushed a very bright red. "Thank you. You look handsome. I see that you actually brushed your hair." Hermione said while admiring her beautiful roses. Harry laughed. "Yeah, I only brushed it for you. Most of the time it's messy because I'm usually fighting Voldemort, Dementors, and dragons." Harry replied. "That is true. I think you look way better with it neatly brushed." Hermione said while continuing to blush. "Thanks. Shall we go?" Harry asked enjoying his great luck to be going with the woman he loves. "Yeah, let's go." As Harry and Hermione left Gryffindor tower, Harry took a chance and held Hermione's hand. She was surprised, but didn't push him away. As they entered the Great hall, people all around started whispering behind their backs. "Is that Harry Potter with his friend Hermione Granger?" People would say. Ron saw Harry with Hermione and gave Harry a congratulations sort of look. Harry wasn't a particular gifted dancer, but he wanted to dance with Hermione. "Wanna dance?" Harry asked nervously. "Sure Harry. I'd love to." Hermione replied smiling. Harry was blushing the whole time. He could even feel himself getting hotter. He actually managed to not step on Hermione's feet. They danced to three songs and decided to sit down. They watched Ron and Lavender dancing and laughed at how stupid Grabbe and Goyle looked dancing. Their dates didn't seem to want to be there. "Those poor house elfs must have worked like crazy to get the place looking this great." Hermione said while looking around at how much the Great hall had changed. "Probably did. Before I found your obsession to helping house elfs annoying, but now that I like you I find it sweet. You really wanted to help them. Most people don't care and wouldn't have bothered to try." Harry said smirking. "Thanks. I'm glad I came with you Harry." "I'm glad too. Any word on Tom's mother?" "Yeah. Thankfully she's getting better. Tom apoligized for not being able to be here today. He's sweet that way." Hermione said. "So you guys are still tight?" Harry asked curiously. "I guess." "Do you want a drink?" Harry asked. "Sure, thanks." Hermione responded. "I'll be right back." As Harry left to get the drinks, he noticed Hermione go out to the grounds. He went after her. He saw that she was crying. "What's wrong?" Harry asked concerned. "I feel terrible." Hermione said still crying. "Why? Don't cry." Harry wiped the tears from her eyes. "I feel like I'm cheating on Tom with you." "Why would you feel like that?" Harry asked confused. "Well... lately I've been having feelings for you, and Ginny told me what you said. I can't believe you would wait that long for me" Hermione said touched. "I can't believe you finally started having feelings for me. It took you long enough. I've been so patient." Hermione laughed. "Yeah, I guess I did take awhile." Said Hermione. "Awhile. You took forever." Harry replied. "What am I going to do about Tom?" Hermione said worriedly. "Look, apart from me not liking him because he had you, he seems like a good guy." "He is. He treated me so well. He was such a gentleman." "I don't think you should break up with him just yet. Not while his mother's ill." "You're right. That wouldn't be fair to him. Can you wait a little longer?" "To finally be with you, of course." "Thanks. I had a great time tonight." "I did too. Here's your drink." "Oh, I almost forgot about that." Harry and Hermione spent the rest of the night talking. When they finally got back to Gryffindor tower at 1 o'clock, they just huged. Hermione gave Harry a kiss on the cheek and they both blushed. "Good night." "Night." Harry decided to stay up a little longer and enjoy the comfort of the warm fire. He was so happy. Hermione had finally gotten feelings for him. They would soon be together.
Sign up to rate and review this story