Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Dont Wanna be an American Idiot

Sleepover!

by brittanyxbroken13 4 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2007-12-21 - Updated: 2007-12-22 - 695 words

0Unrated
Pete's POV

We waited with Britt until her mom came to get her. She didn't say anything to anyone. Her mom came screaming around the corner in their blsck Honda Civic hybrid. She staggered out of the car and towards Britt.

"I can't believe you!" She screamed. The social worker, who's name turned out to be Ms. Duffas, took a few steps toward Ms. Cooper.

"Hello, Ma'am. I'm Cindy Duffas-"

"I Don't care. Just give me my stupid bitch of a daughter and let us leave." Ms. Cooper said, slurring her words. You could smell the vodika on her breath. Brittany flinched at these words and moved a little closer to me. I reached out and took her hand.

"Are-are you drunk?" Ms. Duffas asked, sounding shocked.

"I'm fucking fine. Now gimmie my stoopid kid an less goo." Ms. Cooper said, taking a few stumbling steps towards Britt.

"I'm sorry Ma'am, but in your present state I can't let you have her." Ms. Duffas said.

"Fine!" Ms. Cooper screamed. "Keep her!" She turned around, got back in the car, and drove away at about 100 miles an hour.

"Well, that was.........." Kiley said.

"Brittany, do you have anywhere you could go?" Ms. Duffas asked.

"My house." Everyone said. We all kind of smiled at each other.

"Well, thats good news. Just let the school know which house, please." Ms. Duffas said. "Goodbye." She turned and walked back into the school. We all looked at Britt.

"Where do you want to stay?" Joe asked Brittany. Brittany shrugged, her head focused on her feet.

"I think she should stay at my house." I said. Everyone looked at Britt. She nodded.

"Good. IT's ettled." Kiley said.

"What about your parents Pete?" Ryan qasked.

"They'll be okay with it." I said. But just to be sure, I pulled out my phone and called my mom. After explaining the situation to her, she said she'd be there to pick us up in 10 minutes. "Okay. All set." I told everyone. True to her word, my mom arrived within minutes. We said goodbye (Or rather I did. Britt didn't say anything) and I helped Brit into the car. I sat in the backseat with her. My mom looked at us through the rearview mirror.

"Brittany, honey, you know you're not fat, don't you? You know that you're beautiful, right?" My mom said. A single tear slid down Brittany's cheek. She wiped it away and brought her knees up to her chest, resting her forehead on it, hiding her face. "We're here for you sweetie." My mom said. Britt didn't say anything. She didn't move. My mom sighed, but left it at that. We pulled into the driveway. My mom shut off the car and got out, leaving Britt and I alone. Brittany still didn't move. I put my arm around her.

"Come inside." I said softly, pulling her towards me. She pulled her hood lower and got out of the car, almost loosing her footing. I put my arm around her waist. I took her arm and put it around my shoulder. My mom waited patiently by the door.

"Take her to the guest room Peter." My mom said. I nodded and helped Britt up the stairs. She sat on the edge of the bed, saying nothing. I went to leave, but she grabbed my hand and pulled me down beside her.

"I'm sorry." She whispered, laying her head on my shoulder. I didn't say anything. "It's just......" She managed to choke out.

"Wjhy?" I asked her. "Why do you do that to yourself?" She sighed and laid down on the bed. I laid down beside her.

"It started when I was in England. Jacob...he used to....say things, mean cruel things about me when we would fight. He roughed me up a coulpe of times, but he usually would just insult me. He's call me fat, or a pig, or a slut, anything he knew would bother me. After a while, your mind starts wondering if any of it is true. I guess......I guess he got to me finally." She spoke so quietly I had to strain to hear her.
Sign up to rate and review this story