Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Clandestine Industries Presents: disasteRomance

rainbow bruises

by killxsmile 10 reviews

friendly violence

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-12-22 - Updated: 2007-12-22 - 1924 words

1Funny
Author's Note: Sorry for the delayed update. Holidays = hectic = no sleep. But enough excuses.

HUUUUGE plates of nondenominational holiday cookies and obnoxious knit sweaters go out to the following:
Lizzard - not exactly sure who impregnated joe, but glindapsawyer is an outstanding suspect at the moment.
lil_chica007 - germs suck. but people willl be sucking face soon. don't worry.
redballoon - the joe/soap relationship is touchy-feely, but completely platonic as of now. no guarantees for future chapters, though. -evil laugh-
x_slowdown - lmao. hollywood voice overs would be pretty spiffy.
jewsicax - so close, but yet to far. but i'll make it happen.
bindie611 - you should definitely rent 'what dreams may come.' amaaazing movie.
glindapsawyer - sweet. i'll convert you to team wentz soon enough.
astrozombie28 - aww. i hope you're feeling better -gives you a thermos of soup and a bag of gummi bears-
SugarPlumFaerie - yep. wentz = complicated. that's the beaty of it.
pyrotechnist - "ooh" and "awwwww" worthy stuff is still in the process of being written. it'll bee here soon, though.
--delilah - another on-the-fence person. i have a feeling that you'll make up your mind within the next few chapters.
dflip07 - density is part of her charm. lol.
kittkattbar - "Pete you're a dickcheese be a man and stop crying!" lmao. thanks for the laughs. =D

HAPPY EARLY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!

now onto the show:

28: r a i n b o w b r u i s e s

-----
Hemmy's POV

After Pete’s feeble attempt to kiss Sophie, and Sophie’s completely oblivious sneeze, they turned off the DVD player and headed toward the bunks. I didn’t want to be left alone in a roomful of guys who slobber more in their sleep than I do when I’m awake, so I picked up my squeaky bone and followed suit.

While she went to the bathroom to change (and whatever else girls do before going to bed), he stripped down to his boxers and crawled into our bunk. As I dropped my toy, he patted the empty space next to him. I understood his gesture, and hopped onto the sheets.

“Why am I such an idiot?” he asked, scratching behind my ear.
“You’re not an idiot. Just admit that you like her.”

Pete, of course, only heard me bark in response. Since he couldn’t understand my vocalized thoughts, I shook my head and hoped that my ideas got across that way. He sighed and rested his hands behind his head.

As Sophie emerged from the bathroom, I could hear Pete’s heart begin to race. Being a dog, I was able to pick up on things like this.

She crawled in next to me and pressed her lips against my forehead.

“Night, Hemmy. Night, Pete,” she mumbled.

While Soap dozed off, she absentmindedly wrapped an arm around my back. Pete on the other hand, laid wide awake on his side of the bunk.

-----
In the morning, I woke up in the middle of a Hemmy sandwich. Sophie still had her arms around me, while Pete hugged the both of us to his chest.

Seeing this as a great opportunity, I maneuvered my way out from under their arms. Just as I planned, Sophie rolled closer to Pete and his arms tightened around her waist.

I smiled, surveying my work, then quickly scampered off toward the front of the bus.

“I expect a steak for dinner, Pete.”

-----
Pete’s POV

As I slipped into consciousness, I could feel someone’s breath on my neck. Slowly opening my eyes, I realized that Sophie’s sleeping form was next to me. Before I could even unwrap my arms from her waist, she woke up, eyelashes grazing my skin.

“Morning, Pete,” she yawned.
“Good morning,” I replied, wondering if she was secretly as nervous as I was. “Feeling better?”
“Mhmmm. I guess I have a stronger immune system than Joe,” she said, chuckling.

“Get up, you bums,” Patrick said as he passed.

“Yeah, yeah. Gimme five more minutes,” Sophie mumbled, burying her head in a pillow.

“Hey,” she said as I made an attempt to get up. “You’re really comfy person when you want to be, Pete.”

I chuckled as she pulled me back and rested her head in the crook of my neck.

“I think that’s one of the nicest things you’ve ever said to me.” She quietly chuckled at my comment.
“I think so too.”

I hesitantly wrapped my arms around her again, wondering how she would react. Instead of flinching or pulling away, Sophie cuddled against my chest.

As Hemmingway passed our bunk, I could swear that he winked at us.

Just as I started to get comfortable, Joe came out of nowhere and slapped Sophie’s shoulder.
“Get up, sleepyhead!”
“Jooooooe,” she groaned.
“Sooooooap,” he imitated.

She quickly sat up and slapped his ass.

“You can look, Mastumoto, but don’t touch the merchandise,” he joked. Sophie rolled her eyes as he continued to the front of the bus.

Perched on the edge of the bunk, she ran a hand through her messy hair and pulled it into a ponytail. As she leaned over to retrieve clothes from her bag, I couldn’t help but notice that the back of her shirt was rising up.

After grabbing a pair of jeans and a tank top, she turned to me and poked my stomach.

“C’mon, you have to get up too.”
“But it’s only… 3 in the afternoon,” I said looking at the clock. “Crap, I should get up.”
“Toldja so.”

I got up and took a seat next to her.

“What are the plans for today?” I asked, rubbing the back of my neck.
“No show. No interviews. Schedule’s clear.”
“Sweet.”

Hey Mister DJ, you gotta put a record on--

“Crap, where is that thing,” Sophie said, fishing through her purse. After searching through the multitude of pockets, she found what she was looking for. “Gotcha.”

-----
Soap’s POV

“Hello?”
“Finally you pick up. I’ve only been calling you for the past hour…” Vicky said, faux irritated.
“Sorry, I was asleep,” I explained. “What’s up?”
“There’s a paintball range not too far away. Panic’s already in. We were wondering if you guys wanted to join us.”

“You guys up for some paintball?” I asked, holding the phone to my chest.

My question was met with a chorus of “FUCK YEAH!”s and “I LOVE PAINTBALL!”s.

“Joe, up for it?” I asked, wondering if he was still infested with germs.
“Thanks to you, Soap,” he said, taking a seat on my lap and planting a kiss on my temple.

I wrapped an arm around him and pressed the phone against my ear once again.

“By all that noise I just heard, I’m guessing you’re in,” she said, chuckling.
“Pretty much.”

I pointed to a pen and motioned Joe to pass it to me. He did, and I copied down the address as Vicky read it off.

“Okay, got it. What time should we meet you?”
“15 minutes okay?”
“Sounds good. See you then.”
“Bye.”
“Adios.”

-----
30 minutes later…

“I think I just saw something,” I heard Spencer say.
“Me too, behind that wall over there,” Ryan added.

Hearing this, I attempted to sneak off in the opposite direction.

“Hey, did you just hear that?” Ryland asked.
“Yeah, behind the wall,” Suarez replied.

Fuck. Fuck. FUCK.

With enemies closing in on both sides, there was only one thing to do:
Run as fast as my legs could take me.

“GET HER!” someone yelled.

“Cruddy fuck!” I yelped. Though there were a lot of misses, the boys manages to get me a few times in the back and once in the ass.

Zig-zagging, I searched for a new hiding spot, or better yet, a new person for them to target. My prayers were answered in the form of Pete Wentz.

“Soap, what the fuck?!” he asked as I grabbed him by the arm.
“I’m using you as a human shield,” I replied. There was no use in denying the obvious.

He tried freeing himself from my grasp, but I wasn’t going to let that happen.

“C’mon, you owe me,” I pleaded.
“Since when?”
“Since Hemmy chewed up my favorite Chucks.”
“Ugh, they just got me in the thigh. You happy?”
“Maybe.”

Still running, I turned around to check if anyone else had joined in chasing us down. As I did so, Pete tripped, falling on top of me.

“Motherfucker…” he groaned as Ryland, Suarez, Ryan and Spencer shot at him.

“Shit, I’m out of ammo,” Alex said.
“Me too,” Ryland said.
“Crap,” they said in unison as Panic set their sights on the defenseless targets. As they ran off, I was still underneath a battered bassist.

“See, it wasn’t that bad,” I said. “They ran out of paintballs.”
“You still suck,” he said, getting up. Though angry, he extended his hand and helped me off the ground. “You owe me big time, Sophie.”

-----
Hemmy’s POV

After 2 hours of chilling with Merch Boy Aaron, there was a knock on the door.

“Yo, it’s Pete.”

Aaron quickly paused Guitar Hero, then got up to answer the door. The metal frame swung open, revealing a multi-colored Wentz.

“You okay, man?” Aaron asked, stepping aside to let him in.
“Yeah, but paintball was fucking vicious,” he chuckled.

He limped over to where I was and bent down to clip my leash on. I could tell by the pained look on his face that there was some major bruising under those unnaturally tight skinny jeans.

“Thanks again for watching him,” Pete said, getting up. “I hope he wasn’t too much trouble.”
“Nah, Hem was cool,” the blond boy squatted down to my level and scratched behind my ear. “He reminds me of the Jack Russell I have back home.” Standing up, he gave Pete a half hug.

“Thanks again,” Mr. Bruised said, pulling away.
“No problem.”

Pete led me off the Panic! Bus and onto familiar territory. As we arrived on our bus, I saw that Dirty, Andy, Patrick, Joe and Sophie were sprawled out on the couches, each covered in multicolored splotches. It looked like a rainbow threw up on them.

“What were we thinking, going out there without vests?” Patrick asked.
“In Pete’s words, ‘Dude, don’t you think it would be awesome if we went without vests?’” Sophie said in a mocking tone.
“Yeah, but who’s dumber: the one who made the stupid suggestion or the people who went along with the stupid suggestion?”
“Lets just call it even,” Andy said, shifting his position against the cushions.

“In a way, it was worth it,” Dirty commented. “I got Urie in the balls.”
“But he got you in the ass. 5 times,” Andy said.
“Shut up.” He took a cushion from the couch and hit him in the ribs.
“OW!” Andy took another cushion and returned the gesture.

Not exactly sure how it happened, but within minutes everyone on the bus was involved in a pillow fight. It was ridiculously painful due to our newly acquired bruises, we were having too much fun to care.

-----

Ladies, gentleman and feminine robots, I beseech you for feedback. REVIEW and or AIM me @ Disast3rous.

It's make me smile a ton, and you'll get sweet little mention in the next author's note.
Sign up to rate and review this story