Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued

Didn't Seem Right - DEC 23

by AlexSanDee 5 reviews

Kara asks Kelly about Luke, Luke has doubts about his relationship with Kelly and Monica talks to Gee about Kelly.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-12-23 - Updated: 2007-12-23 - 1524 words

2Ambiance
"So you didn't do anything stupid did you?"
Kelly looked up from the English paper she was writing. "What?"
Kara walked into the room and sat down on the bed. "You and Luke."
"Do something stupid?"
"Gonna make me spell this out. You didn't do anything with Luke you shouldn't have, did you? I mean I'm the one who dropped you two off to be alone. I'm sorta responsible."
Kelly laid down her pen and turned to face her sister. "Why would you think something like that?"
Kara laughed, "I'm not stupid. I saw the way both of you looked when I picked you up. I'm guessing a whole lot more than talking went on."
Instead of being angry with her as Kara expected Kelly got up and closed the bedroom door. "I wanna tell you something but you gotta promise it stays between you and me."
"I don't like the sound of this." Kara said frowning.
Kelly sat down by her. "I really like him. He gets me. Before I could stop myself I told him about the weird feelings I get that predict the future and stuff. He didn't laugh or make fun at all. He believed me."
"What's - and stuff?" Kara asked.
Kelly looked down and sighed. "Today I could “feel” a lady in the house with me and Luke."
"Holy shit. You see dead people." Kara shook her head. "You creep me out."
"Stop it." Kelly shot back.
Kara really hadn't meant to upset her. "Sorry but that is sorta creepy." She shook her head, "Anyway, Luke didn't freak?"
"No, not at all." She looked up "I think I love him."
"Kelly you just met the guy. Slow down."
"You knew you loved Bob as soon as you met him. You told me." Kelly reminded her.
"Yeah, but I was older than you."
Kelly snorted, "You were seventeen. Yeah, tons older."
Kara thought a moment. "Look, I just don't want you to get hurt again. I think Luke's pretty cool. He and I talked while we were waiting for you to come out of school. If I hadn't liked him I wouldn't have driven you guys out to the house. Still you gotta be careful."
Kelly lowered her head and nodded.
"You and he didn't, did you? Shit, Kelly."
"We didn't" Kelly said softly, "But only cause he stopped."
"Shit" Kara said softly. She thought a moment. "So I was right, he's a good guy."
"Yeah" Kelly said with a smile. "He is."

"Baby, look what I found. You can put your stuff in this to take to Donna's."
Elle frowned, "Mes not dowing."
Liv was surprised, “You don't want to go?"
Elle shook her head, "Mommy dow too?"
Liv tried hard not to roll her eyes. She knew how much Donna hated her. The idea of staying in her house was outrageous. "Mommy's going somewhere else."
"Where?"
Liv paused a moment, "Someplace where little girls can't go. You like Donna and she likes you. Kelly gonna be there too."
"Mes luvs Kewee."
"See? It’s gonna be fun. Now lets pack some stuff. That way tomorrow we'll already have it done. Then as soon as we get back from the doctors you'll be ready to go to Monica's house. When Kelly gets home they'll take you to Donna's."
Elle's face fell. "No doctor. Mes not dowing."
"No, honey. Not that kind of doctor. You're gonna go to an eye doctor. He's gonna take a look at your pretty eyes."
"Why?"
Liv sighed again. "Just to make sure you can see things clearly." She had noticed over the past few weeks Elle seemed to be squinting when looking at things.
"No shots? Mes don't like shots."
Liv hugged her, "No shots, I promise."
"Mes luvs you mommy." Elle said hugging her mom as tightly as she could.
"Mommy loves you baby. More than anything else in this world." Liv knew there was nothing in this world she wouldn't do for Elle. No matter what it took, no matter what she had to do, she would make sure Elle had the kind of life she deserved.

Luke leaned back against the railing on the back porch steps and took a deep drag of his cigarette. He took the can of cold beer in his hand and held it to his cheek. Hey, gotta keep the swelling down somehow, he thought. There wasn't much to be done for his eye. The anger he had felt earlier was lessening slowly. He cleared his mind but immediately his thoughts went to Kelly. She was unlike any girl he had ever met. There was something so innocent about her that scared him. The way she put her trust in him had shocked him. It just made no sense. She was beautiful and even with all the shit she'd been getting from some of Mike's friends, she still was ten times more popular than him. Why would she choose to be with me, he wondered. It just didn't seem right.
He set the can down and took out his cell. He punched in her number quickly before he could change his mind.
"Hello?' Kelly hadn't recognized the number on the display.
"Sunshine." he said softly.
"Luke" she answered.
He took a deep breath, "Wanna go to a movie tomorrow night?" Shit, he thought, I sound like an idiot. He'd never been nervous with any girl before. Not that there has been many. Mostly he'd just met up with girls at parties he'd gone to with his brother. Kelly was really the first girl he'd actually asked out.
"I can't.” She answered.
Should have known, he thought. She doesn’t wanna be seen out with me. In an empty house yeah, but not out where her friends would be. "Hey, no problem. See ya around." He disconnected before Kelly could explain.
Kelly stared at the phone. Why had he hung up? She had told him she was going to her Grandmas. Didn't he remember? She tried to return the call but it just rang and rang.
Luke turned his phone off. He didn't need any of this shit. He had enough problems. Kelly wasn't right for him. What had he been thinking?
"Hey" Jessica said walking up the back steps and taking a seat next to him. "Your brother around?"
Luke looked up at his brother's friend. "He took off about an hour ago." He looked at her closely. As usual she was wearing a hoodie unzipped low. His eyes couldn't help but take in the view she was offering.
Jessica saw where his eyes had landed. Hell he was a few years younger but good looking. She smiled at him. "So what the fuck happened? You look like you got messed up bad."
Luke shook his head and looked off into the distance, "It's nothing."
She scooted closer. "So who's home?"
Luke knew why she was asking. He knew what she wanted. When she leaned over and put her hand on his thigh he forced himself not to move. Jessica pulled back slightly and smiled, "I'm guessing no ones here. Let's go inside."
Luke put the image of Kelly out of his mind; "Yeah" he said standing up. "Come on."


That night after the concert Gerard called sounding very tired. "What's wrong?" Monica asked hearing his voice.
"I'm fucking tired. Shit, I need a break."
"Hey, only two more concerts and you get one."
He sat down on the bed and laughed, "Get one, I better get more than one."
"Gerard Arthur Way is that all you think about?" Monica giggled.
"For sure. Hey, I'm a guy. What can I say?"
"Well clear you brain I need to talk to you about Kelly." Monica said getting up to close the bedroom door.
He immediately sobered. "What's wrong with Kell?"
"Nothings wrong. I mean I'm just worried. She saw Luke again today. Kara gave him a ride home."
"So?"
"Look I don't know anything about his kid."
"You didn't know anything about Mike either." He realized that was the wrong thing to say as soon as he heard her voice.
"Yeah, that's true. I was a horrible mother and totally missed he was a bad person who hurt my little girl."
"Monica calm down. I didn't say anything like that."
"Doesn't matter, it's true. I didn't pay enough attention to what was going on in Kelly's life and look what happened."
Gerard frowned, "Honey, what's this all about?"
Monica sighed, "I tried to ask Kelly about Luke today. She resented it. I'm suddenly the enemy."
Gerard laughed, "You're supposed to be. Mom was always the enemy to me when I was that age."
"I don't like it." Monica said softly.
"Hey what's that you say? Welcome to the world of being a parent?"
"I'm tired. You can just get yourself home and deal with all of this." Monica leaned back on the bed and closed her eyes.
"Make you a promise. I'll come home and take care of things. It's for sure I want to meet Luke."
"Good" Monica said, "Cause I need a vacation."
Sign up to rate and review this story