Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued

Where To Begin - DEC 26 (no 25th)

by AlexSanDee 2 reviews

Liv drops off Elle, Gee and Monica talk about Denver so do Bob and Kara.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-12-26 - Updated: 2007-12-26 - 1727 words

2Ambiance
Monica sat wondering why Kelly had gone to her room as soon as she'd gotten home from school and hadn't reappeared. She'd asked Kara who told her that Kelly had been quiet the whole way home. She didn't know what was wrong either. Monica was about to go up to talk to her when the doorbell rang.
"Elle you've got glasses." Monica exclaimed pushing open the screen door. Elle barreled in and gave Monica a hug.
"Mes gots em today." She smiled.
"Well they look very nice." Monica said. "Why don't you run up and show Kelly and Kara? I'll make sure you're mama doesn't leave until you get back."
Elle nodded and started for the stairs with Frank on her heels. "Kewee , Kawa lookie at mes." her voice floated down from the upstairs hall.
Monica turned to Liv who was standing just inside the door. "I didn't realize she needed glasses."
"I noticed she's been squinting so I took her this morning to the eye doctor." Liv explained. She held out a cloth bag. "I packed Elle's things in this. Her stuffed Bug is in there too. She might need it."
Monica took it from her outstretched hand. "Liv I have something for you." She set the bag on the bench and walked over to the entry table. She grabbed the phone and held it out to Liv.
"What's this?" Liv asked refusing to take it.
"It's a pre-paid cell phone. Please take it." Monica could tell by the look on her face this wasn't going to be easy.
"No" Liv said shaking her head.
"Look it's not really for you. This is just in case Donna would need to call you about Elle."
"Why would she need to call me?" Liv asked
'I don't know. What if Elle got sick? We need a way to get a hold of you when Elle's with us."
Liv stared.
"Really, Liv. It should give you piece of mind too." Monica could see she was weakening.
"Fine, I'll take it this weekend. I'll return it Sunday." She reached out and took the phone.
Monica nodded, "Fine. I put Donna's number in it for you and mine."
Liv didn't look at the phone. She simply shoved it in her hoodie pocket.
Elle came bounding back down the stairs. "Theys thinks mes purty."
Liv laughed, "That's cause you are pretty baby."
Monica stared at her. It was the first time she had ever heard Liv laugh. It was surprising.
"Come give mommy a kiss." Liv said as she held her arms open. Elle dove into them. Monica noticed that Liv flinched. "Promise to be a good girl?"
Elle nodded "Mes be dood."
"Love you baby" Liv whispered in her ear.
Kelly had appeared from upstairs. "Bug, come on you can help me pack my stuff." She thought it best to get Elle's mind off her Mom leaving. Elle gave Liv one more kiss then followed Kelly.
Monica could see the sadness on Liv's face. "She'll be fine. Try to have a good time and don't worry."
Liv looked at her. "Yeah, sure." She sounded angry.
Monica was surprised. "Are you gonna be okay without her?"
Liv turned quickly and pushed open the screen door. She stopped once outside. "I'll be fine. Tell Donna thanks."
"I will." She watched Liv go down the steps. "Take care,” she said softly.
Liv heard her. She turned around. Once again Monica was surprised by the anger she saw on Liv's face. "Why are you so fucking nice?'
Monica took a moment before answering, "I have no reason to hate you, Liv."
"Well I've got plenty of reasons to hate you." Liv spat. "You and your perfect fucking life."
"It's not perfect just better than it was once." She locked eyes with Liv, "Yours could be better too."
"No, it can't. You just don't understand."
"I'll try if you let me." Monica said taking a step foreword.
Liv shook her head, 'No, forget it. I'm sorry about what I said." She spun around and walked down the path. At the sidewalk she turned back to the house. "Monica, I am sorry." She walked away before Monica could reply.

“Are you excited you’re gonna see me tomorrow?”
Bob sat down on the bed. He watched as Gerard tossed the contents of his bag on the floor. Man, the guy was a pig sometimes. “Yeah, you know I am.”
“I just wanna go to sleep right now so I can get up, get on the plane and fly to Denver.” Kara said as she stretched out on the bed.
“Wish that’s what I could do.” Bob said honestly.
“Oh but you gotta entertain thousands of people in a few hours.”
“No, that’s Gerard’s job.” Bob laughed. He smiled at Gerard who turned to give him a strange look.
“What’s my job?”
Bob totally ignored him. “So how was school today?”
Kara sighed, “Same old, same old. God, I can’t wait for it to be over. I just wanna get my diploma and get the fuck out of Dodge.”
“Funny. That would make more sense if you were still in Kansas.”
“Hey you know what I mean. I want out of school, I want out of this town,” She looked around, “And I sure as hell want out of this room.”
Bob wanted to talk to Kara about an idea he had but he needed his roommate to go elsewhere, “Hold on a sec.” He said before lowering the phone. “Weren’t you gonna go talk to Frank and Mikey?” He asked Gerard who was still pawing through his things.
“In a few minutes.” Gerard answered without looking up.
Bob drummed his fingers on the bed. “Like how many minutes?”
Gerard stopped what he was doing and looked up. “Oh, you want some privacy. Why the fuck didn’t you just say that?’
“Cause you said you were leaving.” Bob reminded him.
Gerard tossed the tee-shirt in his hand down on the floor with the rest of the mess. “Fine, whatever.” He stomped to the door. “Just don’t forget I gotta change before we take off.” He slammed the door on his way out,
“Okay, he’s gone.” He said into the phone.
“Is he being a pain again?” Kara asked.
Bob shrugged, “Not really. I think he’s just nervous about the surprise he has for your mom.”
“What surprise?”
“Look if I tell you gotta promise not to tell your mom.” Bob said then added, “I mean it.”
“I promise, spill.”
“He’s gone to a lot of trouble to set it all up.” Bob began to unveil Gerard’s plan to Kara.

“Does youse really like mes gwasses?’ Elle asked Kelly.
“Sure do” She set down her duffle bag. She and Elle had just been dropped off at Donna’s and were downstairs in Gerard’s old bedroom.
“Nobodys gots em but mes.” Elle said sounding unsure about her new glasses.
Kelly thought a moment. “Well your.” She stopped herself. She had almost said your uncle Mikey has glasses. “Uh, lets see. Remember Mikey? He’s Alicia’s husband.”
Elle looked confused.
“Okay how’s this. Mikey is dad’s brother. He wears glasses sometimes.”
“Dadgee’s bwother?”
“Yep, his name is Mikey. You saw him at Jamia’s apartment. Remember when you visited there?”
Elle nodded happily.
“Ray’s girlfriend Christa wears glasses too.”
Once again Elle looked puzzled.
“Kid you’re gonna have figure out who a lot of people are.” She laughed. “Ray is the guy with the big fuzzy hair.”
Elle smiled, “Me’s touched his hair.”
“Mom told me you did.”
They were surprised to look up and see Donna in the doorway. “So what would you girls like to do? I stopped by the video store and rented some movies.” She looked at Elle, “I even rented “Cinderella.”
Elle jumped up and down. “Mes luvs it.”
“Well lets go.” Donna put out her hand and Elle took it. As they started for the stairs Kelly signed. She wished she was going out with Luke to a movie but that wasn’t going to happen now. He didn’t like her. She couldn’t believe her feeling about him had been wrong.

Kelly looked over at Elle who had settled herself in Donna’s lap. Her eyes were starting to look heavy. Donna smiled over at Kelly.
“I think it’s about time for someone to go to bed.”
“Yeah, I think I’ll turn in too.” She got up and moved to take Elle’s hand.
“Mes not tyrod.” Elle said shaking her head.
The ringing of the door bell surprised them. Donna stood as Elle slipped off her lap. She crossed to the front door and peered out. “I have no idea who it is.”
Kelly walked to the door and looked out. “Luke” she whispered.
Donna looked at her. “You know him?”
Kelly smiled and nodded. “Yeah.”
Donna unlocked the door. Luke spoke as soon as she opened the door. “Can I talk to Kelly, please?”
Donna stepped back and Kelly moved in front of her. “Hey, Luke.”
“Hey” he said, “uh, can I talk to you for a minute.”
Donna sensed Kelly wanted to talk to this boy. “I’ll take Elle downstairs and get her jimmies on.”
Elle had wandered to the door too. “Mes not tyrod.” She repeated again.
Donna laughed, “Okay well how about you put your jimmies on and I’ll read you a story?’
Elle was looking at Luke who had taken a step into the house. “Whos you?’
Luke squatted down to her level. “My names Luke. I’m a friend of Kelly’s.”
Elle was looking at Luke’s battered face. “Whats happened?’
He looked up at Kelly and Donna for help. Donna took Elle’s hand. “Come on Miss Questions lets go.”
It was obvious Elle wanted an answer but she reluctantly followed Donna.
“We’ll be downstairs,” Donna said looking at Kelly.
“Thanks Grams” Kelly answered with a smile. She waited until they were out of sight before she turned back and closed the door. Luke stood watching her. “So why are you here?” Kelly asked softly.
Luke looked down at the floor. He didn’t know where to begin.
Sign up to rate and review this story