Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued

Hear It From You - DEC 27

by AlexSanDee 3 reviews

Kelly and Luke talk, Gee and Monica talk about Denver

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-12-27 - Updated: 2007-12-27 - 1685 words

1Original
Kelly stood waiting for Luke to speak. He continued to stare at the ground. Finally she grew tired of waiting. “Wanna sit down?”
Luke looked up and nodded. He followed Kelly to the sofa. She pointed the remote at the TV and the room fell silent.
“I just wanted you to know I’m sorry about today.” He said slowly.
“What part of today?”
Luke locked eyes with her. “The part where I acted like an asshole to you.”
Kelly took a deep breath, “Did you sleep with her last night?’
He looked back down. “We didn’t have sex.”
“Well just what did you have?” Kelly asked surprising herself. She was hurt by Luke’s actions but more than that she was angry.
“I didn’t come to talk about her.” He said frowning.
“Sorry but to me it’s important. You and I almost..” She started to get flustered. “I mean not you but me. I would have…”
Luke thought back to the house. He remembered how she felt under him, her lips, the way she touched him. “I know what you mean.”
‘So after that you crawl into bed with another girl?”
“I was upset..”
Kelly cut him off. “Upset? Why? And even if you were upset that’s no excuse.”
“Sunshine, stop.”
Kelly took a deep breath. “I just don’t understand.”
“Look I was an idiot. I got up my nerve to ask you out and when you said no I got pissed.”
“But you didn’t even let me explain why I said I couldn’t”
“I know. I’m an idiot.”
“So you got pissed at me and messed around with that girl?’
“As soon as I got off the phone with you she showed up. It was no big deal.”
“Might not have been a big deal to you but it is to me.”
“She and I just drank a few beers together. She started to kiss me and shit. Nothing happened.”
Kelly sat staring at him. “So why was she in your bed?”
Luke snapped, “Would you let it go?”
Once again Kelly was surprised by her own anger. “No, I won’t. I don’t want to be in love with some guy who makes out with someone else if we have problems.”
Luke’s mouth fell open. “Love?”
Kelly couldn’t believe she had just said that. She started to try to find a way to take back her words but stopped. “Fuck it. I said love and that’s what I mean.” She said more to herself then Luke.
Luke still looked like he was in shock. “You love me?”
“Yeah, I do. I’m not even sure why.”
Suddenly the look of shock was replaced with a look of amusement. “You are unpredictable.”
“I just want to be honest with you. I mean it’s okay if you don’t love me. I just didn’t see any point in not telling you. Shit, Kara would smack me in the head for telling you.”
“Kelly we haven’t known each other for very long.” He wanted to believe her words but it was hard for him to trust.
“So? Look I’m just telling you how I feel. Sorry if it’s not what you want to hear.”
Luke didn’t know what to say. He couldn’t even remember his mother ever telling him she loved him. His dad sure as hell had never said it.
Kelly took his silence as a bad sign. “Look I shouldn’t have said it, I’m sorry.” She looked down but then suddenly her head snapped back up. “No, I’m not sorry. Not sorry at all. I said it and I mean it.”
Luke’s soft laughed caused her to stop. “Sunshine, you are really something. I came here to tell you I could never be with you. Not because that’s what I wanted but because it was what I thought would be right for you.” He pause a moment, “I never thought you’d say you love me.”
Kelly felt a surge of hope. He had been trying to do what he thought was best for her. “So, you do like me?”
Luke couldn’t help himself. He had to touch her. He reached out and pulled her to him. His lips brushed hers, “Yeah, Sunshine.”
Kelly closed her eyes as he deepened the kiss. His arms around her tightened. It was heavenly. When he pulled away she opened her eyes and looked at him questioningly. “We don’t want your grandma walking in on us.”
“Oh, yeah.” She sat back.
“Look we need to talk. You gotta understand that if we are together your friends will cause you grief.
“If they do then they’re not really my friends. Besides I don’t think being with me will be easy for you either” she said as she gently reached out to touch his face. “What happened?”
Luke shook his head, “It’s not important.”
“It’s cause of me. Some of Mike’s friends, right?”
Luke shrugged, “Let’s just say Joss was pretty pissed off at me.”
“Cause you tripped him.”
“Yeah, but it was so worth it.” He smiled slightly.
“I’m sorry.” Kelly said while brushing the hair out of his eyes.
Luke put his arm around he shoulder and she laid her head on his chest. He tried to put his feelings into words. “I wish I could say the same word back to you.”
“It’s okay, Luke. I really shouldn’t have said it.”
He put his finger under her chin and forced her to look at him. “Did you mean it?’
Kelly lost herself in his eyes. “Yes”
“Then you should have said it. Sunshine it’s just hard for me. No one has ever said they loved me before.”
Kelly couldn’t believe this. “No one? Not even you mom or dad?’
Luke realized she truly knew nothing about him. “My mom took off when I was really little. She left my brother and me with our dad. Believe me, he’s never said it.”
“I’m sorry,” she said sadly.
He shrugged, “Doesn’t matter. I don’t need to hear it.”
Kelly laid her head back down on his chest. “Even from me?”
Luke stroked her hair. “I did need to hear it from you.”

Monica was packing her bag when Gerard called. “Hey” she said happily.
“Hey” he said in return. “You ready for tomorrow?”
“Shouldn’t you be on stage?” Monica realized the time.
“In a few minutes. I just wanted to hear your voice. Wanted to tell you how much I can’t wait for tomorrow.”
“Me too.” Monica said happily. “You wouldn’t believe what I just put in my suitcase.” She had stopped at a special lingerie boutique on the way home from dropping off Kelly and Elle.
“Is it something I’ll like?”
Monica looked down at the red satin. “Think so.”
“Is it something for me or for you?’
She laughed, “Well both but I think you’ll like it more.”
“Oh hell, I’m liking the sound of this. Fuck I can’t wait to see you.”
“Ditto.”
“Hey, I’m not gonna be able to call you after the concert. Our plane reservations got changed and we’ll be heading right to the airport after the concert. I know how early you and Kara have to get up in the morning so I want you to get to sleep, okay?”
“I’ll miss talking to you.” Monica said sadly.
“I’ll miss talking to you too but this means that I will be in Denver when you arrive there.”
“Oh” Monica said happily. “That’s good. So what happens when we get there?”
“Well instead of having to wait for us to get there you’ll get picked up and brought to us at the venue. We gotta be there most of the day for interviews and cause they are gonna film part of the concert. Then the concert, then the surprise.”
“The surprise? Tell me more.”
Gerard saw the rest of the guys heading out towards the stage.” Not a chance woman. You’ll get no info at of me. I gotta go.”
“Go wow them.” Monica said happily.
“Love you, Honey. I’ll see you tomorrow.”
“Love you too, Gee.” She disconnected and began humming. Suddenly she was incredibly happy.

“It’s getting late, I gotta take off.”
Kelly knew he was right but still hated that he had to go. They had sat quietly talking for the last thirty minutes. She was so happy snuggled in Luke’s arms listening to him tell her about himself. Deep down she understood he was telling her things he had never told another living soul.
“Walk me to the door” he said dropping a kiss on the top of her head.
Reluctantly she got up and waited for him to stand. “I wish you didn’t have to go.”
Luke smiled, “I don’t want to make your grandma hate me.”
“She isn’t gonna hate you.” Kelly said as they slowly made their way to the front door arm in arm.
“She gave me a pretty weird look when I got here.”
“She didn’t know who you were.” Kelly explained
“That and I look pretty messed up.”
Kelly kissed the bruise on his cheek gently then she softly put her lips to his black eye. “You look wonderful.”
Luke laughed, “Sunshine, you are one of a kind.” He quickly took her in his arms and kissed her. He had never believed he could feel the way he was feeling at this moment. “I’ll call you tomorrow.” He said breaking away.
Kelly opened the door and he stepped out. He turned.
“I just want you to know…” He cupped her face in his hand. “I’ve never felt this way before.” He turned and walked into the night.
“Me either” Kelly whispered as she closed the door. “Me either.”
Sign up to rate and review this story