Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Who's to say life can't be perfect?

I Don't Do Too Well On My Own

by TangerineSky 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-12-28 - Updated: 2007-12-29 - 1029 words

0Unrated
Brandi jumps, startled by the ringing coming from Patrick’s pocket.

Patrick sits up and reaches lazily into his pocket. ‘Hello?’ He says, and then clears his throat. There is a pause. ‘Calm down Pete, are you sure?’……..’OK. Brandi is coming too alright?’….’OK. We’ll be there as quick as possible. Bye’

‘What’s wrong? Is he OK?’ Brandi is confused.

‘Yeah, it’s Ashlee, she is in the hospital.’

‘What? Why?’

‘Alcohol poisoning. They are so over. Pete wants us to come and be with him when he breaks it off. Is that ok with you?’

‘Yeah, he is your friend and that makes him my friend. I would never leave a friend when they are down.’ Brandi zips her hoodie and follows Patrick out the door.

20 minutes later

‘I tried to tell her to stop drinking. I told her so many times, but she just wouldn’t listen. I’m too busy to babysit someone all the time ya know? All these girls in the world and I had to end up with one that is mean and drunk all the time.’ Pete cries on Patrick’s shoulder.

‘I know man, but she isn’t the only girl that is interested in you. Besides, if she really cared the way you think she does then she wouldn’t hurt you all the time. You deserve so much better.’ Patrick consoles him.

‘I know it isn’t really my business but I just want to tell you that you do deserve someone better. I don’t want to offend you but I do want to tell you she just doesn’t seem golden to me; and besides, you deserve someone that is platinum, not just golden.’ Brandi says, trying not to sound happy that Ashlee is out of his life.

‘That is really sweet of you. I don’t really think that I deserve it. My insides are copper, I would kill to make them gold.’ Pete only sobs more. Patrick holds him closer and looks at Brandi with sad eyes.

‘Pete, why don’t you lay down for a bit. I want to talk to Brandi for a minute ok?’

‘Alright, but don’t leave me ok?’

‘don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere, and neither is Brandi.’

Brandi chimes in ‘Yeah, I promise, I would never leave a friend when they need me.’

Pete just looks at her. ‘That means a lot to me. I don’t know too much about you but you seem genuine. I only wish I could find someone as sweet as you to call my own.’ Pete slinks over to his bed and lays down.

Brandi and Patrick go out into the hallway of the Hotel. Patrick hugs Brandi. ‘Thank you for coming with me. He is so misanthropic anymore. He spends more time worrying about Ashlee than enjoying his life. I really think that if he found someone that he would be a lot happier.’ Patrick leans back and looks at Brandi.

‘Well, I kinda have this friend. She is really cool, she is a die-hard too. She isn’t the type to scream or cry when she meets him. We were talking about Pete and Ashlee’s relationship one time and she said that she is ok with it as long as he is happy. I think that she would be really good to him. She has a heart of platinum.’

‘Well I don’t really know. I don’t think we should test luck right now.’

‘Test luck? What do you mean?’

‘Well I was lucky enough to find you tonight but it is rare to meet two die-hards that really care about us. Are you sure she is really worried about him and not just wanting to use him?’

‘I would never dream of knowing someone that is any other way. Besides, I see him just as well as you do. Do you really think that I would take the chance of hurting him after I just witnessed him in the state?’

‘OK, well, let me see if he wants to meet her. But just to be safe, don’t tell her that we want to get them hooked up ok? Just tell her that you met us and thought that maybe she would want to too ok?’

‘that is what I was going to do. I don’t want to give her false hope if he doesn’t like her like that.’

‘Perfect…… I mean you, not the plan….’ Patrick giggles and leads her back into the room.

‘Hey Pete, Brandi has a friend that would really like to meet you. Are you ok with it?’

‘Yeah, she doesn’t seem like the type of person that would have shitty friends. Is it a guy or a girl?’

Brandi steps forward. ‘Her name is Britney. I promise, you can trust her. You have my word as a friend.’

‘OK. Bring her on. It’s not everyday I get to meet someone that is friends with a golden person.’

‘Well thanks, but I don’t know if I’m golden, I am only golden to my friends. Everyone else can go blow a goat.’ Brandi laughs.

‘hahaha. Well that is all that matters, your friends.’

20 minutes later

Brandi walks to the Lobby with Patrick to greet Britney. Brandi and Britney run to each other in slow motion and exchange a BIG hug.

‘Hahaha, we are such dorks! Hi Patrick, how are ya?’ Britney says, gingerly offering her hand to him.

‘I’m ok. How are you?’ Patrick retorts, shaking her hand and laughing.

‘I’m doing pretty good. This is a nice ass hotel.’

‘Yeah, Pete won’t stay anywhere but the Holiday Inn because it has a swimming pool and a continental breakfast’

‘Well free food is always a good perk!’ Britney laughs as she fallows Patrick and Brandi up the the elevators.

As they get closer to the room they can hear angry screaming and shouting. Brandi and Britney just look at Patrick and stop. Patrick gives them a nod to thank them for understanding and heads into the room by himself…..
Sign up to rate and review this story