Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Laced With Nitroglycerin

14. You Can't Be Missed if You Never Go Away

by aznfoblover 1 review

well this made my day more (insert adjective here)

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-12-29 - Updated: 2007-12-30 - 808 words - Complete

0Unrated
***
Chapter 14
You Can't Be Missed if You Never Go Away (Cobra Starship)
"All we are is too fast for love..."
***

About an hour after our fight, I was frantically calling Kate, trying to apologize. Needless to say, she wasn't answering. I got my dad's permission to take the car and drove across town to get her candy and a teddy bear. I knew it wouldn't completely make it up, but it didn't matter. I had to get her back, even if we hadn't broken up yet.

I drove back, stopping at her house. I tried knocking on the door, but Brendon opened the door, shook his head, and then closed the door again. Walking around the house, I stopped under her window and threw a few rocks at it, but to no avail. I knew she knew it was me, but I still had to try. I called her again, and of course, there was no answer. Sighing, I scaled the well-known wall beside her window and sat on the roof right next to it. Her window was open a crack.

"Kate I know that you're mad at me and you probably don't want to see my face ever again. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I don't know when I turned into such a jackass. I've been mostly avoiding you because I'm too afraid that you'll end up hating me for not being able to say it back," I said. I was about to leave when I heard the window open all the way.

"Ryan," she said quietly. I stopped and looked back at her tear-stained face. "Listen, I'm sorry for blowing up at you earlier, I know you're just nervous and afraid. I get it. I was just being selfish." I crawled back to her window and held her for a while.

"Hey, come down. I have something for you in the car," I said after a few minutes. She nodded and I jumped down from the roof as she went down the stairs inside. I landed weirdly on my foot, but I didn't really think much of it. I heard Kate yelling something at Brendon, and saw her walking out and avoiding a fight with her twin as she had obviously told him that she was going out with me.

"Just be careful," I heard him warn her. She rolled her eyes and nodded before climbing into the car. I handed her the bear and candy, watching her reaction carefully. She smiled and hugged me tightly.

"I could never stay mad at you for too long," she whispered as she pulled away. I kissed her.

"Where do you want to go?" I asked when we finally pulled apart. She shrugged. "Let's just drive around for a bit." She nodded her agreement and I started the car. I started driving, scaring even myself at first. I had hurt my right foot jumping off of the roof of Kate's house, and it was kind of numb and tingly. I couldn't feel how much pressure I was putting on the pedals. Kate looked scared.

"Ry, slow down a little," she said, her voice more high-pitched than normal. I could tell that she was freaked out, and it only freaked me out more.

"I'm trying, I just can't," I said. My eyes weren't on the deserted road. They were on the speedometer, which was slowly climbing to 80 mph.

"Ryan, please just stop," she said. I tried to take a few breaths and stepped on the brake. We came to a stop, and we both breathed a sigh of relief. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know. I must have hurt my foot when I came off of the roof or something because I can't feel it now," I said shakily, still freaked out. She checked her pockets for something, but came up empty-handed.

"I don't have my license on me. Let me call Brendon and tell him to come get us. We'll drive your car back later on." I nodded, still breathing deeply. She took out her phone and called Brendon. "Listen Bren, Ry hurt his foot. We need you to come get us. We're both fine. Yeah. Um...we're just past..." She squinted to read the nearest street name. "Russet Drive. Yeah, that's it." Brendon was saying something to her, probably about how he told her not to come out with me or something. And then all of a sudden, out of the darkness came a horn sounding, and Kate's eyes widened as she screamed, probably directly into the phone. I looked out the windshield to see an SUV with no headlights on crush our small car. And then there was nothing.
-----
A/N: How predictable was that? I know. Thank you to the lone reviewer, xXlifesapartyXx. You brightened my day.
Reviews get the last few chapters.
Sign up to rate and review this story