Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Laced With Nitroglycerin

15. Wish We Were Older

by aznfoblover 4 reviews

oh noez.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-03-26 - Updated: 2008-03-27 - 1085 words - Complete

0Unrated
***
Chapter 15
Wish We Were Older (Metro Station)
"Just take my hand, I'll never let go."
***

I woke up to the sound of beeping. I am dying, I thought. I am dying and this is all my fault. I remembered what happened before I blacked out. Kate and I were fighting, and then I was on her roof. Then I was driving, and then she was on the phone. And then the car crashed into us. I sat bolt upright, upsetting my sheets, and making the people in my room stare at me. "Where is she?" I demanded to know, scared of what might have happened. Because of me.

"Just lay back down, Ry, it's alright," Spencer said comfortingly. Pete was also there, along with my sister and my dad. Brent and Brendon were nowhere to be found.

"No, where is she? I need to know that she's alright," I said, not yielding to Spencer's gentle words or my sister's calming hand on my shoulder, trying to gently push me back down.

"Ryan, you're going to set something off. You have a concussion, and some broken bones. You can't get up right now," Pete said, trying to talk some sense into me. Frustrated, I pushed the button for the nurse. She came in quickly, and before she could say anything, I started talking.

"I need to see Kate Urie right now," I told her. "Please," I added, knowing full well that I sounded desperate. She bit her lip, then told everyone to clear out.

"I normally wouldn't do this, but you deserve to see her now," she said, helping me out of my gurney and pushing my IV bag-thing beside me. I walked into her room and saw Brendon and Brent along with Brendon's parents crowding around her bed, and Kate was unconscious. They all looked at me when the door opened, and Mr. and Mrs. Urie left the room along with the nurse, who was apparently taking care of the pair of us, along with the other people in the rooms separating us.

"What the hell, man?" Brent immediately spat at me as soon as I sat down and took Kate's hand in my own. I looked up at him in confusion. "How could you do that to her?"

"Brent, man, calm down," Brendon said, surprised. "It wasn't his fault. It was some jackass's fault because they ran into the side of his fucking car."

"Who was the one who took her out there in the first place? Who was stupid enough to try to drive with a hurt foot?" Brent shot back.

"Look, Brent, this isn't his fault. Calm the fuck down, man," Brendon said, looking a bit scared at Brent's anger. Brent just gave me a dirty look and walked out without another word.

"What's his problem?" I asked. Brendon looked at me, debating over whether or not to tell me.

"She's doing badly. She's been nonresponsive ever since you guys got here," Brendon said. "I'm scared, Ry. I know this isn't your fault, but I'm so scared that I'm gonna lose her. That we're gonna lose her," he whispered. I nodded.

"When exactly did we get here?" I asked.

"Last night at like 10:30 or so. After I heard her scream and something crunching before the phone went dead, I freaked out and called 911, and then I sped to where she said you guys were. And then I saw the car crushed under this huge SUV, and this guy freaking out and trying to get you guys out of the car. So I tried to help him, and then I realized that he was the guy who was driving the car. The police and the paramedics got there, and they finished getting you guys out. I jumped into my car and followed them to the hospital, calling everyone that would care. And then we were here, and we've been waiting for nearly 12 hours for you guys to wake up. They said that you should be first, because you were freaking out in the ambulance, but she hasn't been responsive," he explained.

"What? I don't remember freaking out," I said.

"They said it was more of a spasm...something about your body reacting to the pain," he said. "What exactly happened? The police have the guy driving the other car in custody, but they can't do anything unless you tell them what happened."

"Well we had stopped, right next to that dead end that goes off near the cliff thing where you can see the city, you know?" I said. Brendon nodded. "Well anyways, we were stopped there, and I figured anyone would see us, and they could all go around me if they wanted to, because I was off to the side. So I stopped because Kate was getting freaked out at how fast we were going, and I was started to worry myself. One second she was talking on the phone, and the next, there was this big, dark thing without headlights on honking and crashing into the side of the car, and she was screaming. Oh God, this is all my fault," I moaned, feeling the tears that I didn't know I was holding back fall rapidly. I never cried like this. Brendon put a comforting hand on my shoulder, and I sobbed. "What if she's gone forever, Bren?"

"Don't talk like that, Ry," he commanded. "We can't think the worst of this situation. We have to be positive. She's going to get better, you'll see." Brendon's eyes glistened with tears, and I suddenly saw what he was feeling. He had to believe that she would be OK, because she was all he had. She was one of his best friends, and she was his "baby sister." She was always there with him, no matter what.

I squeezed Kate's hand and prayed for the first time in a long time. God, if you're listening, please just take me instead of her. She's too wonderful and beautiful and sweet to take. Give her back to Brendon, and just take me instead. And grasping her hand, I willed my life to flow into her.
***
A/N: So I'm back if anyone wants to read this anymore. Seriously. I'm thinking of stopping this story/deleting it because no one seems to like it anymore. So please drop a line and tell me what you think. Only like two chapters or so left, so if you want them, review.
Thanks again to xXlifesapartyXx for reviewing.
Sign up to rate and review this story