- Aww, I like H/Hr/Padma.
/me tries to remember which of chemprof's or oldcrow's stories ends up that way.
Though if you make it far enough to get to shipping, you'll deserve congratulations, even if I don't like your ship.
Author's response- So do I, but for now no ships... of course that may change.
- I think that was 'Hermione's Choice' or something like that.
(#) jabarber69 2007-12-31Damn aint go no words to say, except this story just keeps getting better and better. I would like to see those idiots try to do something to agatha, then watch Thor and Iron Man come knocking on thier door by way of peeling the roof off of the building!
Hey have you seen the Iron Man trailer, I watched it at imdb site!
Author's response- thank you.
- Agatha is going to leave Hogwarts unmolested. Tony will visit next chapter.
- Yeah the armor looks cool don't it?
(#) whatareyouevensaying 2007-12-31Excellent update, I have to say. Your author's note, and the maturity with which it was delivered, put my fears to rest. I have faith that you'll handle the story smoothly no matter how long you wind up writing it for.
Looking forward to more.
Author's response- thank you
- Ah! Another interesting part to the story.
I begin to see what the problem was - Harry was using a completely different type of magic (Wanda's 'chaos magic') rather than the usual Wizarding magic. Because he had no real control over it, it was like channelling the energy of a nuclear bomb through electrical cabling - It worked but it didn't do the channel any good.
I really enjoyed Agatha's interaction with Dumbledore, Voldemort and McGonnagall. It is clear from what Dumbles said that he was perfectly aware of Voldemort's presence from the outset but seemed to think that he could control events so that Harry would face peril but would not be hurt. It is also quite clear that Harkness (at 400+ years old) is far more powerful than any other witch who uses Hogwarts' magical forms. A Hufflepuff, eh? That's one in the eye for people who call the Badger House "The Tower of Squibs".
What is really interesting is that Harry's early tutors are all, for one reason or another, in the bad books of British Wizarding society. This will inevitably change how Harry is viewed by the authorities and rabble-rousers like Rita Skeeter.
The interludes were good too: It was interesting to see how Harry Potter became Harry Stark. It also gives us a hint of Harry's immense potential power.
Like you, I find it unlikely that Harry would make a lasting romantic partnership whilst at school. I think that there may be some manner of tradition in the Wizarding World at marrying fairly close to one's age of majority although I wouldn't expect Harry or Hermione to feel bound by this (Padma, as a pureblood, may be). However, I would think it probable that he would make a few friendships that would last for life; maybe even develop into something else in time.
Anyway, enjoying this story and looking forward to more. Things are going to go radically off-canon now that Voldemort has been forced to flee.
Author's response- Yeah, Harry's control of the Chaos Magic without the limiters on is pretty much 'full blast' or 'off'. As his body matures this will (presumably) improve.
- the Marvel Mythos has Agatha a survivor of the Salem Witch trials, so I figured, why not have her be a Hogwarts alum with something of a chip on her shoulder. I think her 'crime' against British Wizarding Society will amuse many and infuriate some.
- The 'puffs get crapped on a lot, so why not make the worlds most powerful witch a 'puff?
- BWS's reaction to Harry's home life is coming up, and will be this year's 'late May danger'.
- Re: school house love. I'm not currently planning a ship. Even at 17 they will be too young, but that doesn't mean no romance...
- the only reason Tommy hung out as long as he did is because I wanted the troll...
- Excellent yet again! since voldie is gone, I guess it will be time for Fudge to show up and prove himself, yet again, an idiot, proclaiming Quirrell an innocent victem and attacking Harry and his mentors? We'll see. . . . In any event, I look forward to it.
Since everyone seems to be in trouble with the British Ministry, does Thor have an outstanding arrest warrent for helping the Anglo-Saxon and early Danish invasions? ;)
Author's response- Fudge will be appearing, but not over Quirrell...
- Merely the thought of some poor Auror attempting to serve an arrest warrant on the Norse God of Thunder has made me smile for about 20 minutes now...
- Agatha a 'Puff? Damn, that's great. I must say i loved the little scene with Dr. Strange. It was a lovely mental image, seeing him admit that the shield fell because Harry fell asleep. The idea that Heroes might not be the best role models was another one for the scrapbook, and the thoughts on Thor as expressed by the good doctor above, did strike me as well.
"Okay Blondie, drop that hammer and keep your hands where i can see them."
Author's response- of course then you would have to cut to the Auror bullpen when that Auror would be explaining just how much it hurts to have a Norse Battle hammer inserted anally...
(#) Bringhimup 2008-01-01> No, this isn't a Harry/Hermione fic, and it
> won't be. If interest (yours and
> mine)continues with this story I intend it
> to go for the full seven years, ending the
> June before Harry turns 18. There will be
> dating, and partying, and perhaps a little
> sexual experimentation, but no life long
> bonds (at least in the scope of the story)
> Harry (and Hermione and Padma) will date
> (each other as well as others), will think
> he/she/they are in love, and be wrong.
That really is a shame. Just as you gained my interest, you have lost it again. I just don't like Hermione with any other male than Harry. Too bad.
Author's response- They're only 11 years old (well she's 12, but still). Making life long plans at that age is silly.
- Very original crossover and extremely entertaining. I hope you are willing and able to keep this up to completion, but I have to admit the level of intensity of the chapters is going to be difficult to maintain. I salute you for what you have produced so far.
Sign up to review this story.