Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > While Love's On The Line

!Seven!

by Disenchanted 6 reviews

THIS CHAPTER WAS REWRITTEN! READ THE UPDATED VERSION:

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-01-04 - Updated: 2008-01-05 - 1807 words

0Unrated
Yes, so the amazing crystalcrash pointed out some things that didn't make sense in this chapter. Most of it is still the same, but read the ending over

!Seven!

Wilona laughed nervously, eyeing Gerard. If he told Frank about this, everything would be ruined. All the fun in her life would be sucked out. What was she supposed to do besides harass Frank in her free time? There had to be something she could do to bribe Gerard to not tell. She glanced at the black-haired boy, who was now smirking in her direction. His arrogant look was almost intimidating. But she simply threw him an undefeated expression. He didn’t have to know what she was thinking. She now looked over at Mr. Hottie—also known as Vince Hartmann. His curly brown hair was combed messily, looking as perfect as ever. His pale blue eyes danced towards her in a movement that could “sink a thousand ships.”

“What do you want?” she asked with a rude sneer to disguise her weakness.

“Uh...well...I was uh...um...j-just...” he stuttered, “Wilona, I’m really sorry. Really, really, really, really, really, really, really sorry. I don’t know why I did it, I was just drunk. I wasn’t thinking straight. I promise, I’ll never cheat on you again. And what the fuck’s up this freak?! I mean, seriously, you could’ve done way better, if you’re trying to get back at me,” he made a disgusted face towards Gerard as if he wasn’t even there, “Anyway, I hope you understand. I’m the perfect guy for you, Wil. Don’t make a huge mistake and leave me for this...this... vampire.”

Gerard had half the mind to punch that guy right in the face. He strongly disliked Wilona, but her “boyfriend” just completely crossed the line. He made Wilona look almost decent, which was shocking. There were plenty of rude words he could call the guy, but he knew he shouldn’t. It would be a lot better if he could find out a little more; that way, he might just save Frank too. He clenched his fists beneath the table so that he could watch the rest of the dialogue.

Wilona wanted to punch him as well, just for looking so cute. His apology was probably far from sincere, but the guy was simply irresistible.

She flashed him a smile, “You mean it, Vince?”

He took her hand and squeezed it, “Of course, I do.”

That was all it took. She smiled and kissed him on the cheek. Her lips whispered into his ear to go wait at her apartment—she’d be there soon. He left with a triumphant smile. Now, it was time for Wilona to worry about what Gerard would do. She looked at the pasty faced boy, who suddenly did look like a vampire. She waited for him to speak first, which she knew he would. His words were oh-so predictable. They were playing in her head before he actually said them. How could you do this?

“How could you do this?” he asked, with not much anger in his tone.

Of course, his new discovery only led him to dislike her even more. It was bad enough that she didn’t love him, but cheat on him? Yes, it was simply horrible. But the emotion taking over his body was more along the lines of confusion. Since her Vince guy cheated on her, shouldn’t she know how it felt like? He stared at her with curiously. He replaced the look on her face as indifference. She didn’t appear to feel anything. Surely, this was some new type of human being. This was where evolution had taken them. Right before his eyes sat a woman with seemingly no emotions, just razor sharp beauty that could slice through any man’s heart—except Gerard’s, anyway. He rested his head on his chin, not really expecting a reply to his question; just wondering how the hell Frank had ended up with someone like her.

She finally spoke, in her icy tone, “You’re not going to tell Frank.”

He snorted, “And why the fuck not?”

She smiled wickedly, “Because if you do, I’ll be sure to let him know how exactly you feel about him.”

Gerard stabbed a chopstick into his plate of noodles, “You better not!”

“Well then, let’s shake on it, shall we? You say nothing about Vince; I say nothing about your....queerness.” she held out a hand.

Gerard gazed at the pale flesh covering her bones. Hatred could not explain his emotions towards the wicked girl. He wanted to rip her apart and feed her to hungry man-eating tigers. Until he could find any in a nearby forest, he brought his own hand up to crush hers. Only because he had to. If Frank ever found out about his feelings, his whole world would collapse. Yeah, there was modern technology, and people preaching about how you should “dare to be different.” However, Gerard knew for a fact that all those preachers were hypocrites. They would never respect anyone with differences—for example, their sexuality. He did not want to believe his sweet Frankie to be one of these people, but...the same worry that had been bugging him earlier started once more. What if Frank turned out to like only girls? Gerard wasn’t sure if he could take that; he didn’t know if his heart could handle one more break.

By using up the huge roll of paper towels in the bathroom, Frank had managed to blot off all of the water on his pants. For some reason though, he was beginning to feel very uncomfortable. He stared at his reflection in the mirror, grinning, only to prove to himself that there was no reason to suddenly become sad. The smile faded as he gave up on this quest quickly. He tried to locate the exact cause of his glumness. As if trying to tell him something, his chin tingled. His fingers automatically reached up to touch it gently. It was where Gerard had touched him, the exact same spot. Did that explain his emotions? His jaw dropped as soon as his mind processed this thought. No, no, no! He was not gay! He even had a girlfriend! Whatever the reason for his flipping stomach was, it definitely had nothing to do with Gerard.

“It’s not Gerard,” he said out loud, “Definitely not Gerard.”

He continued to chant this mantra as he strolled back to his table. To his surprise, Gerard was sitting alone, staring miserably at his plate of noodles. He rushed his side and tapped him on the shoulder.

“Gerard? You okay? Where’s Wilona?” he asked worriedly.

Gerard looked up. Frank gasped, seeing the pool of tears that filled his friend’s eyes.

“Damn it, what happened, dude? What’s wrong? Where’s Wilona?” Frank questioned

Gerard shook his head and rubbed his tears away, “Nothing, nothing. I’m fine. Wilona got a call from her sister. She needed to go visit, it was an emergency. She told me to tell you sorry,” he verbalized the lie that Wilona had weaved for him.

Frank breathed a sigh of relief and smiled, “Oh, okay...that’s good. I mean, not that there was an emergency with her sister...but I was just scared that she got sick of waiting for me and left.”

Gerard stared, hopelessly wanting to tell the truth. But he couldn’t, for his own sake. It was odd, but his selfishness caused him to cry. He buried his face into the leather seat behind him so that Frank would not see. Half of him wanted Frank to see, though. He wanted Frank to hold him tightly and whisper comforting words into his ear. He wanted him to say that he didn’t love Wilona, never loved Wilona, and he only loved Gerard. This fantasy spilled a lot more tears, as Gerard knew its impossibility.

Frank panicked. He couldn’t figure out what was wrong. Gerard seemed so confident in himself most of the time. What could be causing him to cry? He was unsure of what to do so he did what his first instinct ordered. He squeezed into the seat beside Gerard and swung his arm over the other boy’s shoulder. He pulled him close and rubbed his back.

“Hey, hey,” he whispered, “It’s okay, Gee. Calm down. I’m here for you. Don’t cry, man, don’t cry.”

Gerard was surprised at how close this came to his desires. He sobbed harder into Frank’s shirt, only to be in his arms for a little while longer. Finally, he decided that they had probably received enough stares from the other customers to embarrass the crap out of Frank. He moved away and smiled through tears, streaming down his face at a decreasing speed.

“Sorry Frank...” he apologized, “I didn’t mean to start wailing like that. And I got you all wet. For the second time today.”

Frank smiled, “Don’t worry about it. Sometimes, you just gotta let it out. But what was wrong?”

Gerard blinked back. Frank was so cute, so innocent, so unsuspecting of what was going on right under his nose. Keeping Wilona’s secret from him would be worse than killing him. It was cruel to do this. Gerard took a deep breath, knowing that what he was about to say could wreck everything. But he knew he had to do it. His heart was much less important than Frank’s.

“I have to tell you something about Wilona,” he said softly.

Frank’s expression became serious, “What is it? Is she okay?”

Gerard nodded slowly, “Yeah. She’s fine. But...uh...she’s...um...” His lips squeezed together, unwilling to let anymore sound out.

Frank was anxious. His whole body was tensing up. He stared at Gerard’s hazel eyes. The boy was obviously uneasy. Frank tried to calm himself down so that he could calm Gerard down. In and out, in and out, he breathed.

Once his heart was beating at a steady rate he put his hand on Gerard’s shoulder and looked him straight in the eye, “Relax, Gee. You can tell me.”

That was the last straw. Now Gerard was helplessly hypnotized by Frank’s green crystal balls, “Listen, don’t get upset, I promise I’ll make everything better, okay? Wilona’s—”

Before he could finish, there was an interruption from the non-mustached waiter, “Excuse me sirs, would you like your check?” He sure had great timing.
______________

Probably a bad place to end, but...it makes more sense this way. Thank you SO much, crystalcrash.
Sign up to rate and review this story