Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > How We Disappear

Can't Stop Now, It's already Begun

by Blackraven 1 review

Hope you guys know that my chapter titles are the lyrics I'm currently listening to.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2008-01-05 - Updated: 2008-01-06 - 1174 words

0Unrated

Joe had gone to stay with Colton and Rusty. So I had his car, and I was still at the studio. I had no fucking life, nothing to do, no one to see. Wasn’t like I had any family. So here I was, sitting behind a rubber plant in a lobby. Watching people much more famous than me go in and out, some with their girlfriend or boyfriend. Some talking on cell phones. Some just looking like they’d been told they were a million bucks richer. Well they probably were.
Letting my breath out between my teeth, I laid my head on my knees. A single tear ran down my face to my sleeve. I closed my eyes and started humming. Nothing important. Just humming. So I didn’t hear it when someone walked up to the plant. I did feel it when the person’s body brushed up against mine. I gasped and looked up as another tear slid down my face. “What do you want, Gerard Way?” I asked hostily.
Gerard reached forward with one finger and wiped the tear of my face. “Well, seeing you here all alone I thought I’d ask you if you were free.”
“And if I am?” I replied. Then I quickly added. “Not that I’m saying I am.”
“Well if you were, and I’m not saying you are. Then I would ask if you wanted to go on a date,” Gerard’s lips twitched in the hint of a smile.
“And if I were free, what would stop me from saying Fuck you?” I asked mildly.
“This.” Gerard reached forward and put his hand on my face. Then his lips met mine, meeting mine in a gentle kiss. When he pulled back, my eyes were wide. “So you want to go on a date?”
Wow. He was an awesome kisser. “Um. Sure,” I blinked. Then again. “But where are we going?”
Gerard’s smile widened. “To my car of course,” he replied.
My confused look turned into a scowl. “No shit Sherlock,” I snapped. “I meant-“
“I know what you meant. And I’m not telling.” Gerard stood up and pulled me up with him.
“Then why should I-“ but again he cut me off.
“Because you have nothing to do,” replied Gerard happily. He tugged my arm and I followed him out the door. Steve glanced at me and I waved at him.
“What do you drive?” I asked as we got outside. He still hadn’t let go.
“A car.”
Finally I jerked my arm out of his grip and stood there, glaring at him. “I don’t know where you get off-“
Gerard turned to me with a bored expression. So I shut up. I clamped my mouth shut and glared at him. “Unless this just isn’t worth your time and I should just go home,” I waved at my Mustang. Or where my Mustang used to be. I did a double take right as my phone rang.
As Gerard stood there with a slightly bemused look on his face, I answered. “Joe? Where the fuck is my car?”
“Oh. Um well I needed it to go pick some stuff up. The guys and I are having a party. Do you want to come?” asked Joe.
“Drinking?” I asked. Joe was the only one who was twenty-one. Though I knew the other two would indulge as well.
“Hell yeah.”
“Then I’ll pass,” I sighed. “I’ll just take a taxi home.” Joe said okay and I hung up. Then I leaned back against the wall and ran a hand through my hair.
“So how did your threat go again?” Gerard asked again. His lips were forming a sneer.
“I will just go home,” I snapped. “I can get a cab.” With that I turned to go back in.
It was Gerard that stopped me. “Come on,” he said quietly. “Go out with me.” His voice was like a purr. So soft and so enticing. So what did I do? I relented.
Biting my lip I stopped and turned to face him. “You’ll have to take me home after,” I told him with a smile. “Unless you plan on leaving me on a street corner.”
“You know it,” laughed Gerard. He grabbed my arm again gently, pulled me to him, and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.
“Why are you being so nice to me?” I asked. “After all, I kicked you in the nuts with a nerf ball.”
He laughed. And then he turned to look at me, still walking. “Because, my little Alex, it takes guts to stand up to me in Spanish,” he chuckled.
“I was actually just-wait how the hell do you know my name?” I gasped, stopping.
Gerard gave me a disbelieving look. “I think a lot of people know your name, Alexandria Nero. After all, you are what a lot of the producers are talking about.”
“Me?” I asked disbelievingly.
He nodded. “Even one of the guys who work for me was suggesting your band, Falling Deaf, to open for mine when we go on tour.”
I opened my mouth, but Gerard spoke again. “Please stop with the interrogation. Can we at least get to the car first?” he asked. He gave me a smile that I was already beginning to love. “And I’d actually like to know a little about you, too. As long as mutualism is okay here.”
Glaring at him, I stayed quiet and let him lead me to his car. Which I gasped at upon seeing. He drove a silver Lamborghini. No kidding. It was the most beautiful car I’d ever seen.
Smirking, Gerard opened the passenger door and held my hand as I got in. How sweet of him. Then he closed the door and got in on the driver’s side.
“So you’re Alexandra Nero,” he began as he started up the car.
“Alex,” I said shortly.
“Sounds like a boy’s name when you say it like that.”
“Sounds like you need to mind your own fucking business.”
He was quiet for a minute. “Eighteen?”
“Almost nineteen.”
“Singer?”
“Lead.”
“Don’t you think yes or no will do?”
“Yes or No.” My gaze met his challengingly.
He glanced at me, and then back to the road. “Did you come up with the name Falling Deaf?”
“Joe did.”
“I see. Boyfriend?”
“Roommate.”
“Friend with benefits?”
“Doesn’t bat for my team.”
“What about the other two?”
“They live together. And if I was dating any of them I would not be here with you. I really would have said fuck you.” I was dead serious.
“And I would have said any time, Alex,” was his reply.
“So where’s your band?” I asked in way of ignoring him. My face was turned toward the window. He didn’t need to see I was blushing.
“Already there.”
That made me look at him. “Already where?” all I got was that sexy smile.
Sign up to rate and review this story