Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Cancer

We Sure Do, Sugar

by chicago_fire 1 review

Gerard's at it again. He should make up his mind and stop toying with this girl...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-01-11 - Updated: 2008-01-19 - 1417 words

0Unrated
Gerard loosened his grip and stepped back. I, in all honesty wanted to scream at him to go away but I knew that it was inevitable that he wouldn't listen. I managed to figure out in that instant that he was a stubborn man with boy like indecision. His glances ricocheted from me to the vacant hallway. He appeared to be slightly worried. Eventually his glare returned back to me.
"What? Are you going to follow me the rest of the night?"

"I wasn't planning on it until now." He seemed to have a smile once more. I didn't understand the satisfaction Gerard was getting out of all this. My goal at the moment was getting as far as possible from him as I could. Still, he walked beside me as if nothing had happened. We were getting closer to the room I was staying in then he spoke once more.

"I know what you're thinking."

"Oh, do you now?"

"Yes, you want to get rid of me. Fair warning sweetheart, ain't gonna happen." We approached my room and i fumbled to find the key. Frantic, I began to check all my pockets and my purse. When I had finally found it, Gerard pulled out a key and slid it through the lock. The light shone green. What? Why did he have a key to my room?! He pulled the lever and pushed the door open.

"Gerard, why do you have a key to this room?"

"We have the same room. I made sure of that." Again, he smiled at me. This time his grin resembled that of a Cheshire cat. It spooked me.

"We don't have the same room." I spat.

"We sure do, sugar." Gerard released a laugh. I walked through the door nearly slamming my things on the floor as he followed right behind me.

"You're not staying here." I demanded. Suddenly he shot me a gentle look.

"What now?" Walking over to me he remained silent and Gerard kissed me lovingly. Confused, I accepted for a moment but then pushed him away.

"Gee, what are you doing? Make me understand. Why are you like this now?"

"I can't tell you." He smiled but his eyes broke my heart. They looked so lost and helpless.
My feelings for him were surfacing again. Obviously, Gerard had much more to him than I thought.

"Christine?"

"What?"

"I want you to promise me something."

"What do you want me to promise?" Gerard let his hand caress my cheek.

"Promise me--" There was a knock at the door causing him to stop his words. He groaned and answered the door. It was Mikey.

"Hey, Gee. Wait, this is Christine's room, what are you doing here?" Mikey looked utterly confused. I walked towards the doorway.

"Hey, Mikey. Hotel gave him the wrong room. Gerard's fine."

"Oh, okay. I'm sure they can fix it if you call the desk. I was looking for you Chrissy, me and the other guys are going down to the hotel restaurant. Wanna go?"

"Yeah, sure. Lemme grab my purse."

"Cool. Bro, you wanna come with?"

"Sure. I'll follow in a few." Gerard said looking distraught.

"Kay." Approaching the door again,I grabbed my things and walked down the hallway with Mikey.

"Did you like the concert tonight?" Mikey asked eagerly.

"Hell yes, I did. You rocked it." He seemed to blush and shyly he slipped in a "thanks".

"Everyone else already there?"

"Mhmm, Frank said I should come ask you to join."

"Oh, okay." Upon our arrival, we caught the boys playing cards and gambling with candy of all things. Peculiar young men, but I loved them all. Frank got up from his seat and hugged me tightly. I sat down across from Bob who was preoccupied with his new chihuahua, Twinkie... yeah, don't ask. A waitress came to the table and almost immediately she commented on his dog and they began flirting. I just watched the boys play poker and Mikey just sat and drew in his sketchbook. Gerard was more of an artist, but Mikey did an occasional piece or two. Alicia must have been in her room already. I halfway tuned into Bob's conversation with the waitress.

"There are only two things I do that involve breaking a sweat."

"What's that?" she asked.

"Sex. And drums." She giggled annoyingly. Bob must have thought he had her. This should be interesting.

"I like dogs, but I also love rabbits. I admire the way they, let's just keep it clean and say, the way they 'do things'." he shot her a wink and smile. Wow, Bob. You are smooth.

"I'm from Tennessee. And back in Tennessee we love rabbits." She made sure to put emphasis on "love". Next thing I knew, Gerard had entered the room and sat right next to me.

"Hey. You okay?" I whispered to him.

"Yeah. I just need a cigarette and something to drink."

"Bryar, stop trying to flirt with the waitress for a damn minute so I can order something." The waitress gave him a dirty look.

"What would you like sir?" she asked begrudgingly.

"A Coke and would it be too much to fucking ask for a fucking ashtray around here?" His temper was definitely showing. He seemed to be shaking.

"Whoa, man. Calm down, Gee. She didn't mean any harm." Frank attempted to be the mediator.

"You know what?! Fuck it. And don't fucking tell me to calm down!" Gerard spat. He nearly threw his chair to the floor and stormed off. Frank tried to follow along with Ray.

"Iero, don't even try. Ray, get the fuck away from me!" I heard him yell as they tried to hold him back and reason with him. I had no idea what was wrong.

"I SAID LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!!!", he screamed. They backed off and slowly returned to the table. Instantly, I ran after Gerard. By the time I caught up with him he had already gotten outside.I tried not to make my presence know just yet. I didn't want him to snap at me so I approached the bench he was sitting on quietly. Smoking a cigarette, he just stared at the concrete angrily.
"Hello, Christine. To inform you, now is not the best time to talk to me."

"I wanted to see what was wrong."

"Sit.", he instructed. Wanting to avoid conflict, I did.

"Why are you so angry?"

"The little bitch was being snippy with me. She had no reason to."

" Her and Bryar were too busy swapping ideas about rabbits fuck." He let out a laugh. That was a start.
"You make my days better sometimes, you know that?" Gerard gave me a genuine smile.

"I try, I try." I said laughing. Wow. It was like the man had two different personalities.

"C'mere." He patted on the bench to beckon me closer. I slid over to sit by him.

"You know how many times Bryar has used the rabbit thing since he got that dog?" I shook my head.
"He's used it on every girl who even had a slight interest in him."

"Surprisingly, it seemed to work on the waitress back there."

"Yeah, and it's about the only time it has ever worked." Gerard laughed while snuffing out his cigarette.

"What happened to his girlfriend?"

"Dumped him. Nothing but a gold digger if you ask me."

"That bites."

"Poor Bryar, hasn't had a decent girl in years. Not since..." he trailed off. He looked scared.

"Not since what?"

"Since high school."

"Damn. That's a hell of a long time."

"Yeah."

"What about you, hmm? Where do you stand on the 'decent girl' situation?"

"I think I've got it covered." His eyes wandered from me. I took this as an opportunity to ask what was really going on and why he was acting this way. He'd been fine until now. I had never really seen him so angry and not himself.

"Gerard?"

"Hmm?"

"What's going on?"

"What do you mean?"

"I've never seen you like this. You seem so angry."

"Christine, my dear, there is so much you don't know about me. It's ugly and you wouldn't like it."
"My favorite story was The Ugly Duckling."

"Cute." Gerard shook his head looked to me, His voice had been dripping with sarcasm. His eyes radiated so much anger and sadness. He stood up and stretched a little.

"I'm going to go up to bed. I've had more than enough for tonight."
Sign up to rate and review this story