Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued

Buried the Hatchet - JAN 18

by AlexSanDee 0 reviews

Liv drops off Elle and talks with Gee. Bert shows up.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-01-20 - Updated: 2008-01-20 - 1427 words

1Insightful
The doorbell rang just as Monica reached the bottom step. She crossed over to the front door and pulled it open. “Hello Liv” she said pushing the screen door open. “Hey Elle I heard you’re gonna stay with us for a few days.” She leaned down and gave Elle a kiss on the head.
Elle nodded, “Mes gonna be here for Kewee birfday.” She looked around and whispered, “Me drawed her a pitcher.”
“For her birthday?” Monica said as the both walked in.
Elle nodded happily. “Yep.”
“I’m sure she will love it.” She took Elle’s bag from Liv’s hand. “Kara isn’t staying here right now but I’m sure she would let you stay in her room if you want.”
Elle’s eyes grew large. “Pink woom.”
“Yes, the very pink room.” She laughed. She handed the bag to Elle, “Why don’t you take your bag up there now?”
Elle took the bag but turned to her mom. “Youse no eaving till mes says bye?”
Liv smiled, “I’ll wait until you get back.”
Elle scampered up the steps. Both women watched her. Monica turned to Liv. “Gee is in the back yard working on the gazebo. He wants to talk to you.”
Liv shook her head, “I really have to be going.”
Monica sighed, “Liv, at least say hello to him so that he knows I told you he wants to talk to you.”
Liv looked at her strangely, “Why would he doubt you told me?”
Monica sounded impatient, “Just go say hello. I’ll send Elle out when she comes back down.”
Liv looked like she was going to say something else but instead walked through the house towards the back deck doors. Monica stood at the foot of the stairs waiting for Elle to come back down.

Liv opened the door and walked out onto the deck. She spotted Gerard immediately. He was sitting on the ground reading something. As she watched he looked up and smiled. He waved her over.
“Hello” he said as she drew near.
“I had no idea you were a carpenter.” She said trying to hide her smile.
Gerard laughed as he held up the instructions he’d been reading. “Uh, pretty sure you can see I’m not a fucking carpenter.”
Liv looked at the gazebo. “It’s not bad. You did this much yourself?’
He laughed, “I’ve had lots of help. Can’t tell can you?”
Liv walked around the structure. “Actually it looks good but what made you decided to do it yourself? Why didn’t you just pay to have it built?”
“Cause I wanted it to be special. Monica and I are gonna be married out here.” He said.
Liv tried to hide the pain his words caused her, “Oh, that will be nice.” She tried to sound happy, “Think you’ll have it done by then?”
Gerard heard what he thought was sadness in her voice. “Yeah, well I hope so. I want to get most of it done before we leave for Europe.”
“And that is?”
“We leave on the 13th but we’re gonna play Bamboozle and that’s gonna take up a whole day.”
Liv nodded, “Yeah, I heard you guys were playing that.”
“Why don’t you come and see us play?” Gerard asked suddenly. His own words shocked him. He hadn’t planned on asked her. He had only wanted to thank her for letting Elle stay.
Liv too was shocked by the question. “I don’t think that would be a good idea. The rest of the guys wouldn’t be happy to see me there.”
Gerard walked closer to her, “Liv, really it would be okay.”
She smiled sadly, “You know that’s not true. They hate me.”
He reached out and touched her arm, “I’ll talk to them. Tell them that you and I have buried the hatchet.”
“Have we?” she asked softly.
“Yeah, I think we have. Look we have a long history. Some of it pretty brutal but we also have a child. I’ve let go of my hatred, have you?’
Liv felt her heart breaking. “Gee, I don’t hate you, I never did.” Her voice broke.
Gerard let his hand slip down her arm. He gently took her hand in his. “And I never hated you.”
“Fwank”
The sound of Elle’s voice shocked both Gerard and Liv. He dropped her hand and stepped back. Elle was racing across the yard towards them calling out to Frank. Monica and Bert were standing on the deck. They slowly walked down the steps then crossed the yard towards them.
“I really have to be going.” Liv said quickly.
“Liv, wait.” Gerard said, “Let me know about Bamboozle, okay?’
Liv nodded slightly then moved to intercept Elle. “Baby, mommy’s leaving now. Give me a kiss.”
Elle jumped into her arms and gave her a sloppy kiss. “Bye Mommy.”
Liv sat her back down on the ground. She started towards the deck wishing there was another way to leave without passing Bert and Monica.
“Leaving so soon?” Bert asked, as she got closer.
Liv nodded.
“Goodbye Liv” Monica said her tone flat.
“I’ll pick her up Thursday afternoon, if that it all right.”
Monica simply nodded. She and Bert continued to where Gerard stood talking to Elle who had wandered over to ask him a question. “Fwank?”
Gerard laughed, “I think he’s asleep in the family room. Probably on the sofa where he’s not supposed to be.”
“Hey man.” Bert said as he and Monica reached Gerard. It wasn’t a friendly greeting.
Monica heard the anger in his voice. Quickly she took Elle’s hand. “Come on Bug. Let’s go find Frank.”
“Otay Mommca.” Elle answered happily unaware of the tension in the air.
Both Bert and Gerard watched them walk back to the house. When they were out of earshot Bert spoke.
“What the fuck is going on?”
Gerard shook his head. “What are you talking about?”
“Monica and I walk out on the deck to see you and Liv holding hands? What the fuck, Gerard? What’s going on?’
Gerard answered angrily, “Nothing is going on. She and I were just talking.”
“Yeah, you two have a lot to catch up on right?” Bert smirked.
“What the fuck is it to you anyway?” Gerard shot back.
“I’ll tell you what the fuck it is to me. I’m watching my friend fuck up his life. You finally got your shit together. You have a wonderful woman in your life and you’re getting ready to throw it all away on that whore.”
“Don’t fucking call Liv a whore.” Gerard answered completely losing his temper. “You got no right. You don’t know how Liv has changed.”
Bert laughed, “Oh don’t I? Let me tell you something my friend. The other night Liv called me. It was business as usual. She used me then kicked me in the head. Yeah, she’s really fucking changed.”
“Liv called you? Why?”
“Cause she wanted to fuck.”
Gerard took a step towards him. “Shut up Bert.”
Bert didn’t back down. “It’s the truth. I fucked her Gerard and in the morning she told me to get out. Told me I’d never be as good as you. She wants you back, man. She’s gonna do everything she can to make that happen.”
Gerard was trying to take in everything Bert had just said. “You don’t know that.”
“Are you fucking blind? Or is that what you want to happen?’
In the heat of their argument neither man had seen Monica walking towards them. She stopped a few feet away.
“Fuck” Bert said beneath his breath. “I gotta go.” He stopped when he got to Monica and kissed her cheek. “I’ll talk to you later.” He said softly.
Monica met his eyes and nodded. He walked back towards the deck where Elle was playing with Frank.
“Monica?” Gerard said softly.
She turned to face him. “I” she began then stopped. “I have to find out where Kelly is. The school called and they think she left with Luke.”
Gerard took a step towards her. “Have you called her cell?’
Monica took a step back. “I’ll handle it Gee.” She turned and moved towards the house before he could say anything else.
Gerard stood watching her walk away. “Fuck” he uttered. “Fuck, fuck, fuck.”
Sign up to rate and review this story