Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Pro Rev

Sick

by RyanRossLuver 2 reviews

Ava gets sick

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-01-23 - Updated: 2008-01-24 - 1202 words - Complete

1Exciting
This is for my girl AJ, otherwise known as AshamedToRiseAndBe

The next day and a half was uneventful. Packing, packing and stocking up on sugar was all that happened. Soon enough though, we were all aboard the Way bus, as it had been so nicely nicknamed by both MCR and MSR, seeing as there were now three Way’s. Bunks had already been claimed, and we were sitting in the common area, talking about meeting the other bands and what it would be like performing tonight. I was shaking in my seat, which was on top of Mikey.

“Hey Ava, you okay?” He asked concerned.

“Yeah, just nervous about meeting the others, you know how I am about meeting new people, and nervous about tonight – it will be our first real live performance, and I’m not ready,” I said, leaning back into Mikey. He threw his arms around me, and I relaxed a little.

“Hey, it’ll be okay. Chester and his lot are really nice, and although I’ve never met MSI before, I’ve heard they’re nice too. Especially Kitty and Lyn-Z,” Gerard said, which helped me relax even more.

“And it’s totally normal to be nervous before going on stage for your first major gig. I mean, I still get freaked sometimes,” Ray admitted.

“Thanks guys, you do know how to comfort me sometimes,” I said before falling asleep on Mikey. The chemotherapy course I was taking always made me sleepy, and it was starting to have an affect on my hair – it was really beginning to thin out, so I started wearing hats a lot.

**

I was woken later, probably a few hours, by Jon, telling me that we had stopped at our rest stop in Illinois. I thought we had made pretty good time to have crossed five states in 4 hours – I checked my watch. Anyway, Jon helped to pull me off Mikey, and we wandered outside, where we were met with Linkin Park and Mindless Self Indulgence. I instantly went shy and hid behind Mikey, whilst MCR and the rest of MSR got acquainted.

“And who is this hiding behind you Mikey?” Chester asked, apparently referring to me.

“This is my baby sister Ava. You’ve just met the rest of her band, My Suicidal Romance. She’s a bit shy I’m afraid,” Mikey said, pulling me out from behind him.

“That’s okay. My sister AJ, also younger, is hiding back in the bus. I’ll try to bring her out. But it’s nice to meet you Ava,” Chester said, and I shook his hand gently. I was introduced to the rest of LP and MSI, and Gee was right, Kitty and Lyn-Z were kind of nice. Not nice enough that I would talk to them for extended periods of time, but still fairly nice. A couple of minutes later, Chester had come back with a girl, taller than me (but that’s a given – I’m a short ass), she had luscious red hair down to her waist, and didn’t look like she was related to Chester at all.

“OK, Ava, this is my little sister AJ. I brought her along knowing there’d be a couple of girls, so she’s yours to talk to,” he said, steering the beauty in front of me.

“Hi AJ, I’m Ava, Mikey and Gerard’s sister.”

“Cool. Yeah, AJ, this doufus behind me is my brother. So, how old are you?”

“I’m 21. Yourself?”

“23, but I act like I’m 16 most of the time,” she said with a chuckle.

“Same here actually. What sort of music do you like?” And so our conversation went on, until we climbed back onto the buses to go the next leg of the journey. AJ joined us on our bus, and soon Lydia, Bob, Ray, Jon and Frank had joined in our conversation.

“So you’re in the amateur band for this tour?” AJ asked when we were half way to our next destination, our sleep stop in Wyoming.

“Yeah. I’m the front woman of My Suicidal Romance, and we’re the first amateur band to open up for a major band on the main stage of the tour. It’s me singing, Lydia plays bass, Jon’s on drums and Ben’s our guitar player. I also sometimes play acoustic, but that’s only when I’m in a good mood,” I said, before letting out a huge yawn.

“Are you tired?” Frank asked.

“No shit Sherlock. This fucking chemo course is screwing with my life,” I said, before getting up and heading back to the bunks. AJ looked at me quizzically.

“I’ll explain later once I’ve had more sleep. That’s all I do lately, sleep and sleep. Can you get Gerard to wake me at the overnight stop?”

“Sure thing Ava. Sweet dreams,” Frank said, getting up and giving me a light kiss. I pulled him into a hug and then went back to sleep again.

***

Gerard did exactly as he was asked when we reached the bus lot in Wyoming.

“Hey baby, we’re at the rest stop,” he said, opening the curtain to my bunk. I mumbled something indistinguishable.

“What was that?” He asked, sweeping my fringe out of my eyes. “Ava, you’re burning up,” he added.

“And I think I’m going to be sick,” I said, before pushing Gerard out of my way and heading to the tiny bathroom on the bus and emptying my stomach into the toilet.

“Ava baby, I’m going to get one of the first aid men to come check you out, okay?” I mumbled a yes, and a few minutes later, I was being carried up front onto the couch. The medic poked and prodded me for a couple of minutes, before coming to a conclusion that all I had was the flu, but with the side effects of leukemia, it was making it worse.

“Will I be okay for tomorrow night’s show?” I croaked out just as the medic was leaving.

“If you take these antibiotics and drink plenty of water as well as get as much rest and eat as much as you can, you’ll be just perfect to perform tomorrow Miss Way,” he replied.

“Thank you,” I whispered as he left. I felt Gee lifting me into his arms “bride” style, and I buried my head into his chest.

“What are you doing?” I asked feebly.

“Taking you outside so you can eat and talk and have some water and your first pill, then I’m going to bring you back and lie with you tonight whilst you sleep, making sure you do and this fever doesn’t get worse,” he replied stopping at one of the many tables set up and keeping me on his lap.

“Thank you. You’re the best big brother I could ask for,” I said, before filling everyone in on what was wrong with me and being a good little Ava and eating and drinking water, heading off to bed with Gee about an hour later, taking an antibiotic and falling asleep in his arms.
Sign up to rate and review this story