Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Pro Rev

Feeling Good

by RyanRossLuver 3 reviews

The first date of Projekt Revolution

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-01-23 - Updated: 2008-01-24 - 1065 words - Complete

0Unrated
Once again, for my girls AJ, Amanda and Ashley. Ava loves you girls as much as I do!!!

I somehow managed to sleep through the whole night without hurting myself, Gerard or even waking for that matter. When I woke up the next morning, Gerard had left me and we were moving. I got up and dragged my blanket and myself to the common area and wrapped myself up, sitting at the table.

“Morning everyone,” I said, wrapping my hands around the cup of coffee Bob had just placed before me.

“Morning Ava,” was the collective reply.

“How are you feeling?” Gerard asked.

“Much better thanks, but I think I’ll take it easy until we get to Auburn. I don’t want to over work myself before the performance tonight,” I said after sipping at my coffee and swallowing down the pill Gerard just placed by my mug. He then reached up and felt my head, and nodded with a smile on his face.

“Well, the fever’s gone which is the main thing, but I’d like to just run through a couple of vocal warm ups now to make sure you’ll be okay,” he finished. I agreed and we did the exercises, and I felt good afterwards. I practiced singing one of our covers, and everyone applauded at the end.

“Hey Benny, would you mind if we opened up with ‘Life’ tonight? The acoustic version of course, since it is my solo,” I asked, puppy dog eyes showing.

“Of course, after all, it is your show,” he said smiling. At the next stop, I got my acoustic from the minivan our equipment was in, and started practising, making sure I ate, drank and took the antibiotics regularly.

****

Not long after 4pm, we had arrived in Auburn, and we immediately went for sound check. We were opening up the main stage, so we were before Linkin Park, but I was friends with the guys from Madina Lake, mainly Nathan, and we were going to do a song with them at each venue – this one being “Here I Stand”.

We hurried to set up our stuff, and we ran through our set list a couple of times, and by the time our sound check was over, we had all of Linkin Park, MSI, MCR, Placebo, Taking Back Sunday, Madina Lake and Saosin gathered around our stage, applauding MSR. They then got shooed away by the security guards as people started filing in, and I quickly ran backstage to throw up due to nerves. I washed out my mouth, and a minute late, walked on stage as Ava, lead singer of My Suicidal Romance.

“Good evening Auburn. How are we all tonight?” I got a collective cheer back.

“Nice to hear, nice to hear. Well we are My Suicidal Romance, and we’re going to open up tonight with an original, entitled “Life”.” I grabbed my acoustic from the guitar tech Ray leant to us, and started playing an intro softly.

I knew that it was you all along
But I never let myself realise until now
And now it's too late and I need to say
I was stupid to let you go

Trouble with love, that's all I have
Trouble with my life as well
But when I'm around you that all goes away
When I'm not near you…

Love never was any good for us
That's why I wrote this stupid love song
I never realized until now, that all I need
Is nothing more than truth
No more lies I plead

Trouble with love, that's all I have
Trouble with my life as well
But when I'm around you that all goes away
When I'm not near you, I feel so alone

I've never even met you, yet I've fallen in love with your angelic face
And your sweet voice
My friends all laugh at me

And I say, no more!

Trouble with love, that's all I have
Trouble with my life as well
But when I'm around you that all goes away
When I'm not near you
Trouble with love, that's all I have
Trouble with my life as well
But when I'm around you that all goes away
When I'm not near you…like I've died

Cheers erupted from the audience, and I handed back my guitar.

“So you like that one ‘eh? Well, this next one is a little dance number, written and recorded by our good friend Gabe Saporta and his band Cobra Starship. This song is, “Guilty Pleasure”!”
We went on to play our normal set, consisting of covers of Cobra Starship, The Academy Is…, Paramore, The Used, Panic At the Disco, Fall Out Boy, Matchbox Twenty, and of course, My Chemical Romance. Soon though, we were doing our finale.

“Now this is our final song guys, and it’s a personal one for me. It’s written and recorded by my brother’s band, and it describes my life right now… I know, I’m being cryptic,” I laughed and signalled for Ben to start on the keyboard.

Turn away,
If you could get me a drink
Of water 'cause my lips are chapped and faded
Call my aunt Marie
Help her gather all my things
And bury me in all my favorite colors,
My sisters and my brothers, still,
I will not kiss you,
'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you.

Now turn away,
'Cause I'm awful just to see
'Cause all my hairs abandoned all my body,
Oh, my agony,
Know that I will never marry,
Baby, I'm just soggy from the chemo
But counting down the days to go
It just ain't living
And I just hope you know

That if you say (if you say)
Goodbye today (goodbye today)
I'd ask you to be true (cause I'd ask you to be true)

'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you
'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you


Tears were streaming down my face by the end of the show, and I ran off stage before anyone could notice. I wiped my eyes dry, and received hugs from MCR and Linkin Park before they took the stage.

“That was fantastic,” Mikey whispered in my ear whilst we hugged, and I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face knowing I’d made my brother so proud.
Sign up to rate and review this story