Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > IY Drabbles

Sweet Girl

by darkelf19 0 reviews

A collection of drabbles written for iyfic_challenge, iyfic_contest, Isswkiwa, and my own amusement

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Characters: Kagome, Kikyo - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-01-28 - Updated: 2006-01-29 - 341 words

0Unrated
Sweet Girl

You don't understand - how could you? You are so very young. Oh, it's not our age that separates us; I wasn't much older than you are now, when I was called away. It's your innocence, your naivety that separates us. You who have never known hunger or war. You who have never known the ache of loneliness or despair. You who have never had to face the dark alone. You who have always been surrounded by friends and family.
Sweet naïve girl.
I hate you.

But there is more to you than meets the eye. You have shown me that. You who abandoned your friends to help me, pulled me once more from the eternal clutches of the dark. You who stood alone faced with the decision to save your lover's bride. You who embraced the chilly waters of time, swimming through its memories to save a dead woman. You who surrendered a part of herself to give life to clay and bones. You who sacrificed yourself to save me, healing old wounds with your gentle touch - your kindness. You who have never denied me the only thing you ever desired, even though the pain of our joining drove you to despair. For the first time blackness seeped into your innocent heart.
Sweet naïve girl.
I've broken you.

You are older now. The years have not been gentle - seeing you through the loss of family and friends. One by one they were taken away, leaving you alone in a cold, dark world. In the end, even he left - unable even in death to say those simple words you longed to hear. You wanted to follow him, but couldn't. With my sister dead the villagers looked to you for guidance. You stayed - trapped in a world that was not your own. Trapped in a life that was not your own. You stand before the river now, gazing at a reflection you've grown accustomed to, cold gray eyes glaring back at you.
Sweet naïve girl.
You've become me.
Sign up to rate and review this story