Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued

Are You Sure - JAN 24

by AlexSanDee 1 review

Monica asks a very important question

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-01-24 - Updated: 2008-01-25 - 1852 words

2Insightful
Ray arrived at the same time as the delivery boy. Monica welcomed him then paid for the pizza. She walked through the house then out on to the deck. Gerard hadn’t told her he’d invited Ray. Good thing she had ordered three pizzas instead of only two.
“Pizza” she yelled out across the yard.
The men, Alicia and Elle sprinted across the yard.
“Hungry?” Monica said with a laugh.
“Starving.” Mikey, the first to arrive, said opening the top box and finding his favorite type of pizza. “My brother is working me to death.”
Alicia nudged him out of the way, “Move it, dude.”
Elle sat down at the patio table and folded her hands. Gerard noticed. “See, my daughter is very polite. She’s waiting patiently.
Elle nodded, “Mes ungy too.”
“Well, hungry Bug what kind of pizza do you want?” Monica asked even though she already knew the answer.
“Peponi”
“Hey, that’s my favorite, too.” Mikey told her talking a seat at the table next to her.
Monica opened a napkin in front to Elle then placed a slice of pepperoni on it.
“Elle do you need to wash your hands?” Monica asked.
Elle frowned. “Theys didn’t.” She looked around at everyone else.
The adults all laughed. “True, they are setting a very bad example. Come on lets wash your hands. You have dog germs on them.” Monica took her hand and led her to the kitchen.
“She’s so smart.” Ray said before taking a bite of his pizza. “How’d you get a smart kid?” He said looking at Gerard.
“Takes after me.” Gerard answered reaching over and grabbing a slice of pizza.
Alicia sat down next to Mikey. “So how much longer are you gonna be working on the gazebo?”
Mikey looked over at her, “Feeling okay?’
“Just a little tired.” She lied. In truth she wanted desperately to talk to her husband about his brother.
“Gonna eat and run, I guess.” Mikey said to Gerard.
“Hey, thanks for the help. Both of you.” He said looking over at Ray.
Monica returned with Elle. Once seated Elle began picking off the pepperonis and setting them aside on her napkin. Monica saw Mikey watching her.
“She saves them for last.”
Mikey laughed, “I used to do that. Pepperonis on pizzas and pickle on hamburgers.” He leaned over and whispered to Elle. “Gotta watch old Dadgee over there. He used to steal mine.”
“Did not.” Gerard said with a laugh.
Mikey snorted, “Oh yeah, you did. Mom would yell at you but you’d do it anyway.”
The pizzas were consumed and everyone sat back a moment to look across the yard at the gazebo. “It’s really looking good.” Ray said.
“Yeah, it is.” The pride in Gerard’s voice made Monica smile.
“It’s beautiful,” she said standing next to him by the deck railing.
Gerard put his arm around her. “Has to be for us.”
Monica put her arm around his waist. “Yeah, for us.” She whispered.
The doorbell rang breaking the magic of the moment.
“I’ll get it.” Monica said moving away from Gerard. She went through the house to the front door. As she expected it was Liv.
“Hey, Monica.”
Monica pushed open the door for her. “Hey Liv. Come on in. Elle’s on the deck.”
Instead of waiting by the door like she usually did Liv followed her. When they reached the deck Liv paused seeing Alicia, Mikey and Ray. She squared her shoulders and walked outside.
“Mommy” Elle jumped up from the table to hug her.
“Baby.” Liv said picking her up. “Let me guess you’ve had pizza.” She picked up a napkin off the table and wiped the pizza sauce from her daughters face.
“Yep, it was dood.”
Liv sat her back down. “Tell Monica and Gee thank you for letting you stay over.”
Elle looked at Monica and Gee who were standing together again. “Tank youse.”
“We are happy you stayed.” Gee said feeling awkward because of the tension on the deck. Out of the corner of his eye he could see Ray frowning.
Liv took Elle’s hand. She was about to leave when she looked over at Gerard. “About Saturday. I’ll have to bring Elle.”
Gerard felt all eyes on him. “Uh, sure. Of course.”
Liv nodded. “Thanks.” She quickly turned and walked back into the kitchen. Monica forced herself to follow.
As they disappeared Ray spoke. “About Saturday?’
Gerard took a deep breath. “I invited Liv to come see us play Bamboozle.”
“You invited her?” Mikey said sounding shocked.
Gerard took out his pack of cigarettes and lit one before answering. “Yeah, I did?”
“Why the fuck would you do that?” Ray asked.
Even though he had practiced in his head what he would tell people if Liv accepted his offer, his mind went blank. He took another drag and tried to explain. “Look, there is no reason for Liv and I not to be friends. Shit, we have a daughter.” He had more to say but Monica returned to the deck and he fell silent.
Monica walked over to where he was standing and put her arm around his waist. He leaned over and kissed her. “So, don’t stop talking on my account.”
Gerard cringed slightly at her tone. “Look I should have told you I invited her.”
Monica looked over at Alicia. Their eyes met. “Have to admit it was sorta a surprise.”
Mikey got up and threw his napkin down. “We gotta take off.”
Alicia stood and walked over to Monica. She gave her a quick hug. “I’ll call you later.” She whispered in her ear.
Monica nodded.
“Thanks for the help, bro.” Gerard said as they walked towards the door.
Mikey didn’t stop, “Yeah, sure.” Alicia hurried to keep up with him.
Gerard glanced over at Ray who was still glaring at him. Ray shook his head. He stood. “I gotta go too. Take care Monica.” He said before leaving the deck.
Gerard took another drag of his cigarette, tossed the butt into the yard then put his arms around Monica. “Sorry.”
“When did you invite her?.”
“Tuesday when she dropped of Bug. I really didn’t think she’d agree to come.”
“Yeah, well surprise.” Monica said softly.
“Shit, I really am sorry.”
Monica sighed, “Kelly will be home soon. I’m gonna run to the grocery store.” She pulled out of his arms.
“Monica, wait. We need to talk about this.” He tried to catch her arm but she moved too fast.
“Talk? You wanna talk? No, how about you listen. You invited your ex-lover to come and hear you perform without telling me. That’s it pretty much, cut and dried. You know if you had just told me it wouldn’t be so bad. But you didn’t. So did it ever cross your mind when you asked her how I would feel?” Monica locked eyes with him. “No, Gee. You didn’t.” She turned and entered the house leaving Gerard alone with his thoughts.

Monica didn’t return to the house until after Kelly had gone to bed. Gerard hadn’t known what to say when Kell first got home and asked where her Mom was. He guessed Kelly had called her cause she went to her room and didn’t reappear. When he had poked his head in to tell her goodnight she had looked at him sadly, told him goodnight, then rolled over and closed her eyes.
Now he sat out on the deck smoking a cigarette wondering how the hell he was going to make this up to Monica. After last night he had truly believed things were fine between them. Why hadn’t he just told her about inviting Liv? He had been trying to give her some space but damn it, it was getting late. He pulled out his cell to call her when he heard her moving around the kitchen. Briefly he wondered if he should go in and talk to her. He didn’t need to decide. The glass door slid open and she walked out to join him.
“You were gone a long time.” He said quietly.
“I had dinner with a friend.” She answered tiredly sitting down in the chair next to him.
“Oh, one of the girls?”
“Bert”
“Bert?”
Monica nodded, “Yeah, Bert.”
He tried to control the anger he felt. “You met up with him and had dinner?”
“I called him and asked him if he’d like to have dinner with me. I wanted to talk to him.”
“Oh I keep forgetting what good friends you two are.” He said sarcastically.
Monica’s own anger flared, “He is a good friend to me. I needed to talk to someone.”
He knew if he didn’t let it go this would get ugly. “Sorry. I’m just jealous.” He admitted.
Monica was surprised by his honestly, “You have no reason to be. Bert is my friend, nothing more. He never could be anything more. I’m in love with an idiot.”
Gerard felt some of the tension leave his body, “Yeah, you really are in love with an idiot. I just hope you realize how much the idiot loves you. Even though he does really stupid things.”
“I know that.” Monica said softly. They fell silent for several minutes. Finally Monica spoke. “Gee, I understand you have to have an ongoing relationship with Liv because of Elle. I was just blindsided today when I heard you had invited her to Bamboozle.”
“I know and I’m sorry. I should have told you.”
“So why didn’t you?”
He took a deep breath. “I asked her without thinking, I guess. I really didn’t think she’d agree to come.”
“But you wanted her there.” Monica said sadly.
“I just wanted to prove to her that I’m over the hatred. That she and I can work together for Elle.”
“Is that the only reason?” Monica asked looking over at him. She wished the kitchen light spilling out onto the deck was brighter so she could see his face more clearly.
“Monica, why do I keep messing up shit? I love you so fucking much and yet I keep screwing up.” He reached over and took her hand. “Please tell me you forgive me.”
Monica squeezed his hand, “Gee, I have to ask you something. Please think before you answer.”
“Okay.” He said slowly. Something in her tone set off warning bells in his brain.
“Should we send out the wedding invitations? Are we really sure?” Her voice wavered.
He scooted his chair away from the table and before she could object pulled her into his lap. “I have never been so fucking sure of anything in my life. Monica, please marry me. Don’t tell me I’ve fucked up the best thing I’ve ever had in my life.”
Monica laid her head on his shoulder. “I’ll mail out the invitations tomorrow.” She whispered.
Sign up to rate and review this story