Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > Scott Summers The Chosen One

Welcome to Taitzu

by slickboy444 0 reviews

A major Scott/Jean fic. Scott disappears without a trace and the rest of the x-men are left without their leader. But it turns out there is a lot more to Scott than any of them could have imagined.

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Cyclops, Jean - Published: 2005-05-10 - Updated: 2005-05-10 - 1680 words

0Unrated
Scott Summers The Chosen One
Chapter 2: Welcome to Taitzu


************************

Jean Grey groggily woke up as the sunlight crept on to her face. It was Saturday; she wanted to sleep in, but the sunlight creeping in to her room from the window woke her up. She didn't get as much sleep as she would have wanted last night. She couldn't stop having a strange nightmare that kept waking her up. In it she saw Scott consumed by a mysterious fog and never coming back. The dream didn't leave her mind all night and it still haunted her even as she woke. She glanced at the clock to see that it was almost 10 AM. Slowly, she got up and to do her normal morning routine. As she sleepily walked down the hall she passed Scott's room. She looked to see that the door was wide open and the bed had not been slept in. It aroused her suspicions, but she ignored it for now and went downstairs for some breakfast.

"Hey Red."

Jean turned around to see Logan at the top of the stairs.

"Where's Cyke?" he asked.

"What? I don't know...His room was empty and his bed didn't look like it had been slept in," responded Jean.

"Well that's unusual, in addition his car is also gone."

Jean's expression instantly changed to one of concern. Even though it seemed minor, she felt overcome with a new sense of worry all of the sudden. She immediately felt the anxiety of her dream return. It was as if she knew something bad happened to Scott, but didn't admit it to herself yet.

"You mean...He never came home last night," said Jean growing more concerned.

"Nope, I was up till midnight and he didn't come back," responded Logan.

"Well that's not like Scott to stay out all night and not even call. I hope he's okay," said Jean still worried.

"It's not like him to stay out all night...Period," said Logan, but that only concerned Jean more.

"Have you looked for him?" asked Jean.

"No, but I thought you could help me with that. That kid knows better than to stay out all night," Logan grunted.

"I'll try."

Jean then closed her eyes and began to seek Scott's mind. She could locate him better than anybody else including the Professor and Cerebro. Of coarse, they all knew why. She struggled through the void of her thoughts to locate him, but she wasn't finding anything.

"Hey fellas!" said Kurt as he entered with Kitty and Rogue soon following him.

"Quiet elf! Jeannie's trying to locate Cyke," barked Logan.

"What do ya mean?" asked Rogue.

"He didn't come back last night," said Logan simply.

"Vhat!" said Kurt in disbelief. "That's not like Scott."

"Yeah, he never stays out past curfew!" said Kitty.

"Guys I'm trying to concentrate!" said Jean in annoyance.

Jean looked as if she her head was about to burst. She was trying so hard to locate him, but she still couldn't find anything. Soon, she felt the pain of mental fatigue. Finally, she couldn't do it anymore. She let out an exhausting sigh.

"I...Couldn't find him," said Jean in a soft tone, which was a result of her growing concerns. After saying that, her concerns were beginning to overcome the others as well.

************************

Later in the main computer room, the Professor was relentlessly pushing Cerebro to locate Scott. However, his search yielded nothing. Jean and Storm stood by waiting to hear the result. As soon as the professor removed the helmet, they grew all the more eager. However, the professor's expression wasn't promising.

"I'm sorry...I couldn't find anything," said the Professor with a heavy heart.

"But...How?" said Jean, unable to accept that response.

"I don't know. It's as if he just vanished off the face of the Earth without a trace."

That sent Jean's mind racing. 'Gone! Not a trace! Is he all right?!'

The professor heard her renegade thoughts.

'Calm down Jean, I'm sure he's okay,' reassured the professor telepathically.

"Vanished?" said Storm, "Just like that? How?"

"I don't know...Jean, why don't you take the others in the X-van and retrace Scott's steps from last night. I'll stay here and keep trying," said the Professor.

"Okay, but call me if you find him," said Jean.

"Of coarse," replied the professor.

Jean then quickly left to gather the others, leaving Storm and the professor.

"She's awfully worried about him," said Storm.

"I know."

************************

In the X-van Jean, Kurt, Kitty, Evan, and Rogue drove down the same roads that Scott traveled last night. They looked along the road for any signs of Scott. They stopped at the burger place he often went to and asked for help, but all they didn't have any information that was of any importance. On the way back they took another route.

"Hey! Vhy are we going this way? This isn't the vay ve came." asked Kurt confused by Jean's actions.

"Because this is the way Scott went after he left," responded Jean.

"Wait," said Kitty, "How do you know he took this route?"

"Because I know him," said Jean, "I know he takes the quickest route when he's hungry, and he takes the scenic route when he's not."

"But...Why?" asked Rogue confused by this revelation.

"Because he just likes to have some time alone with his thoughts and long way home gives him that. Believe me, I know so just trust me," responded Jean.

The rest of the crew was mildly amazed at Jean's perception of Scott.

'Man,' thought Kitty, 'She really knows him through and through. No wonder they like each other so much, they know each other so well.'

However, Jean heard that, but she didn't respond. She only sighed in admittance, knowing Kitty's thoughts were the truth. As they drove the calm back roads, something caught their eye.

"Hey, that's Scott's car!" said Kurt as he looked in the distance.

Quickly, Jean pulled over to the curb and they all hurried out. They quickly approached the car and noticed that something was very wrong with this picture.

"That's funny, Scott left his keys in the ignition," said Evan.

"Now that's definitely not Scott," said Rogue knowing he would never leave his keys in the ignition for anybody to just come up and steal.

"Rogue's right, something's not right here," said Jean. "We better spread out and search. Look for something, anything that may lead us to Scott!"

They could tell Jean was getting hysterical. They all spread out and began to search for any signs of Scott. However, they were coming up with nothing despite their best efforts. Inch by inch the team scoured the ground and the trees for any sign of their missing leader. Soon Jean unknowingly found herself in the same field as Scott was the previous night. Carefully, she scanned the area for anything. The longer she searched, more she gave up hope. Then, all of the sudden she saw something. Something shining near the base of the tree. Slowly, she made her way to the object. Then, her heart completely sank.

'Oh no...Scott's glasses.'

The ruby glasses that Scott always had to wear were shattered and in pieces. She picked them up and held them in her hands. The frames were warped beyond recognition. Tears began to form and she couldn't help it. She didn't want to believe it, but Scott had disappeared. He was gone...And she didn't know where or how or even if he was okay.

'Scott...'

************************

Scott Summers was not dead. He was still on the face of the Earth. However, he didn't know exactly where. He was afraid to open his eyes, for he didn't know if he would hurt anybody. Gradually, he felt his strength returning to him. As he began to come to, he sat up.

"He's waking up," said a mysterious voice.

Scott then felt around his eyes, he still had his glasses on.

'What? I thought my glasses were destroyed back in the field,' he thought.

Quickly, he opened his eyes to reveal two mysterious monk-like figures. One was a man, the other a woman that looked about Scott's age. They were shorter than he was, and had an Asian look.

"Hey! Where am I? Who are you?" demanded Scott quickly going on the defensive.

"Do not be alarmed," said the young man calmly. "I see we got your glasses right. They should be a perfect duplicate of the other ones you had."

Scott was still weary of his mysterious captures.

"And we also got your visor as well," said the girl as she handed him a visor. Scott then took it cautiously.

"We mean you no harm, Scott Summers," said the girl.

"How did you know my name?" asked Scott in surprise.

"We know much about you," responded the girl.

"But...Why did you kidnap me? Where am I?" yelled Scott.

Then another man walked in to the room where he was. This man was wearing a different robe than the rest. It was white with gold streaks while the others were just plain gray. He then removed his hood to reveal his old face.

"Hello Scott."

Scott then stood up and approached the old man.

"I apologize for bringing you here in a rather unorthodox manner, but it was necessary. We couldn't risk revealing our location," said the old man with as much sincerity as humanly possible.

Scott was still cautious, but there was something about this man that seemed sincere. He also couldn't help but listen to a nagging voice urging him to hear his captors out.

"Scott Summers," said the man as he approached him. The closer he got the bigger the smile on his face got. "Yes...It is him. He is the one! Scott Summers, you are the one!"

************************

AN: That's it for part 2! How do you like it? Tell me! REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW! I crave your input! Send it to slickboy444@aol.com. I hope you all keep reading this! Best wishes to you all.
Sign up to rate and review this story