Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > How To Save A Life

To Kill Time

by gerard_is_my_savior 1 review

Avenue and Gerard announce their engagement...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-02-04 - Updated: 2008-02-05 - 1491 words - Complete

0Unrated
I apologize for the belated update. I had tournaments all weekend, and I was terribly sick today, that is the only reason I’ve had time to write. I jot ideas and stuff down all the time, so don’t think I’ve given up!!






Gerard awoke to the unlikely ringing of his wretched new phone. He now remembered why he smashed his other one.
“I see you lying next to me, with words I thought I’d never speak...”
“Hello?” he asked. When the ring tone continued, he pressed talk on his phone and tried again.
“Hello?”
“Gerard Motherfucking Way! Why the hell didn’t you tell me you left Kansas? I’ve been so worried about you! Did you know that the detective is still looking to talk to her? God damnit, Gee! I don’t think you know what is going on!”
“Brian?”
“Brian? Yes, who else! Gerard, how fucking stupid can you be? You lawyer wants you to sue the pants off of that medical center, for misconduct! Oh, wait, I forgot, you are completely oblivious to anything other than that girl! Mikey told me you bought her an engagement ring?” Brian was furious. “Gerard! Are you listening to me?”
Gerard threw the covers off of his body and stood up with a great intensity. “Fuck you, Brian! Fuck you! I’m here, taking care of my future wife, and all you can do is sit there and criticize me? God damn you!” He yelled slamming his fist against the wall next to him. “This is my choice, and to hell if you are coming to our wedding!”
“Gee, you are still going to see me. Not inviting me to the wedding doesn’t really bother me.”
“Oh, but all the money I’m spending to make her better again does! In your face, B! In your fucking face!” With that, he slammed the phone shut. He threw it in the recliner, where it landed safely.
“Baby?” A quiet voice asked from behind him. “Brian is mad, isn’t he?”
Gerard let out a heavy sigh and sat back down on the bed, next to Avenue. She reached over and laid a gentle hand on his back. It was hot and sweaty, like he had a fever.
“Only a little, darling,” he said, turning back to face her. “I’m sorry, baby. I woke you up. I didn’t mean to.”
She gave him a weak smile. “Don’t be sorry, angel,” she cooed softly.
Gerard fell back into her arms. He felt her soft skin against his, mingling sweat and fears together. He put his arms around her waist holding her close to him, not wanting to let her go.
“Gee baby,” she whispered. He moved his head to look exactly into her eyes. “I love you.”
“I love you too,” he whispered back with so much compassion held in his voice. He hovered over her, admiring her features held in the new sunlight, hugging them, giving her pale face a soft orange glow.
“You removed the curtains for me,” she said giggling.
“Yeah, I did.”
“You know me too well.”
“I suppose so.”


---------
Christmas couldn’t have seemed closer, not with all the decorating Donna had done to her home. There were tinsel and garland and a little glass nativity scene lined out neatly on her hall tree. There were even stockings hung above her sofa. One had even Avenue’s name on it, hung neatly in row. Donna, Mikey, Avenue, Gerard, Frankie, Ray and Bob. All there, all with cute Precious Moments cartoons on them, with large blue eyes and mischievous puppies next to them. It gave Avenue hope.
“So, this is finally happening! Christmas is almost here!” Mikey exclaimed as he bounded into the kitchen for breakfast that next morning. 2 days until Christmas, and Mikey couldn’t be anymore excited.
Donna rolled her eyes as he watched her youngest son sit at the table, hair all sticking up in places, still in his Woodstock pajama bottoms and matching slippers. He wore his crooked black square glasses on the end of his nose. He hated his contacts. She came over and sat a plate of at least 20 sausage links on the table in front of Avenue.
“Go ahead, eat up honey. You are lookin’ awfully skinny!” She laughed and glanced at Gerard. He reluctantly let go of her hand long enough for her to get a couple sausages before Frankie stole the plate. She finally took her place between Frankie and Gerard.
“Let’s hold hands,” she said.
“Looks like Gerard and Avey already have that covered,” Frankie whispered to Mikey, who laughed.
Everyone did so. “Dear Heavenly Father,” she began. “Thank you for this wonderful day, and all the wonderful things you have put in it. Thank you so much for this food, and for all my sons and my new daughter. Amen.”
“Amen,” the rest said simultaneously afterward. Gerard smiled at Avenue, who only smiled shyly back.
“I have an announcement,” Gerard said, not removing his eyes from her.
Frankie nudged Mikey. “She’s knocked up,” he mumbled through a mouth full of pancakes. Mikey just rolled his eyes.
“What is it?” Donna asked, looking up intently.
“Avey and I are getting married!” He exclaimed, holding up her left hand, showing off her ring.
“Oh, Gerard, it is so beautiful!” Donna gasped. She knew he had got her one, but had never seen it before.
“I picked it out,” Mikey mumbled.
“I’m…” Frankie said, sniffling. “Just so gosh darned happy for you two! I… Oh, gosh! I promised myself I wouldn’t cry!”
“Frankie,” Gerard said. “Shut the hell up.”
Donna threw a glare his way. “Gerard Arthur, not at this table, please!”
“Yes ma’am, I’m sorry,” Gerard apologized, but throwing a look at Frankie.
“Good, but anyway, I’m so proud of you two! When are you getting a house?”
Avenue looked questioningly at Gerard. “Well,” he began. “After the new year. Right, Avey?”
“Yeah, of course!” she said.
“Do you two plan on staying here in Jersey, with me, or going back to Kansas so you can finish collage?”
Avenue opened her mouth, but had nothing to say. Why hadn’t she thought to ask? She raised her light brown brow in a questioning way to Gerard.
“Umm…” he began nervously, not wanting to say the wrong thing. “I don’t know… I mean, we don’t know yet, mom. This is still kind of new. It only happened yesterday, so we haven’t had much time to plan anything.”
“I see,” she said, nodding. She kept her eyes down, fixed on her plate, giving off a hint of her disapproving. Gerard became rigid with uneasiness.
“Great, I’m glad!” she lied, not looking at the new couple. “I can’t wait.”

After breakfast Avenue and Donna had gone shopping again. “They don’t ever stop buying crap, do they?” Frankie asked.
No. They sure didn’t.
“I don’t see why they need all that shit!” Mikey exclaimed from the sofa. He was lounging on it; feet dangling over the arm rests. His mother would have killed him, had she been there.
“To kill time,” Gerard answered him. He was leaning in the doorway, a cigarette clutched between his middle and index fingers. “Why do we watch lame horror movies? To kill time. That’s all we ever do, is kill time.”
Frankie nodded his in agreement. Yeah, that was true.
“I’m bored,” Mikey complained loudly, letting out a deep sigh.
“Join the club, asshole,” Frankie retorted.
“You’re a fag, Frank, ya know that?” he asked. “A big fag.”
“Hey, I’m not the one wearing cartoon character pajama pants, yo.”
Mikey hopped up then and began to chase his friend around the living room, unaware of the danger that advanced each moment.


----------
‘Flight 273... Flight 273… Flight 273…’ Kammeron whispered to himself his flight number, so he wouldn’t forget. He sat anxiously at the airport, waiting, always waiting. He and his boss had it all arranged. He would land in Hoboken, New Jersey and take a bus to Gerard’s hometown. There he would meet his supplier, and receive an automatic machine gun from a ‘Cheese’ warehouse. The gun would actually be imported from Mexico. He would spring his attack on Gerard’s family home late Christmas night, when Gerard and the rest would be drowsy from the day. All the police would be off duty and half-drunk by that time.
“Flight 273 boarding now for Hoboken. Flight 273 now boarding for Hoboken,” said a lady’s voice over the intercom. Kam stood up and grabbed the black book bag next to him. He was so close, so close, he could taste it.





Interesting, no? Sorry, I promise to write when I have more time! Basketball is almost over, then we move onto Track! Yeah! =)
Sign up to rate and review this story