Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > How To Save A Life

Tensions and Run-ins

by gerard_is_my_savior 0 reviews

Just kind of filler... Gerard and the boys go to a new store while Avey and Donna go out

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-02-05 - Updated: 2008-02-06 - 1474 words - Complete

0Unrated
Just filler. My basketball game got canceled due to bad weather. Ugh, sometimes, Kansas is a horrible place to live. Mainly just bad weather and wheat. Not the best idea of fun…
Anyway, enjoy this please, may be my only update for another few days! Sorry, again about that guys! Love you all lots, and please keep reviewing. If you have any suggestions, put it all in your reviews! Thanks again! Byes!
-Autumn Lynn






Avenue sat next to her future mother-in-law as they dove to the mall. She felt uneasy because Donna was clutching the steering wheel so tightly, causing her knuckles to turn white. She shifted nervously in her seat. Was Donna angry with her and Gerard for not planning out everything before the engagement? She sure seemed upset at breakfast. She tried to assure herself it was just from Mikey and Frankie’s childish behavior, but she still wasn’t sure. Donna was usually kind and carefree, but when it came to her eldest son’s heart, nothing else could cause her more disposition. She didn’t take lightly to anything concerning Gerard.
Donna cast her eyes sideways to Avenue, who sat uncomfortably in the passenger seat. ’Maybe I should say something…’ she thought, then quickly changed her mind. There was nothing to say. She felt Avenue and her son were rushing into things much too quickly, and that bothered her. She just didn’t want to see him hurt again, not after Eliza. Besides, Avenue held now in her hands the power to inflict more damage then Eliza ever sought possible. Donna tried to believe in her heart that Avenue was different, but the voice of doubt kept whispering in her ear. ‘No one is different…’


“I miss performing!” Mikey complained loudly, after two scary movies and a bowl of popcorn. “I almost hate the holidays! We don’t have any fun at all!”
“Shut up, Michael, before I castrate you!” Frankie threatened. Three hours in the same room with Mikey and his persistent whining was enough to send him to the edge.
“Then why don’t we do something fun?” Gee asked from his spot on the recliner. They were right. The holidays home could be deafly boring.
“Like what?” Frankie asked, sitting up. “There couldn’t be much more to do here that we haven’t already done.”
“Let’s just be random! I don’t care! Something, anything! Let’s go downtown, go shopping, splurge a little bit. C’mon Frankie, Mikey, you guys need girlfriends like Ray needs de-frizzing shampoo! We are so lame, you know that?”
“Yeah, Ray sure does need the Aussie shampoo…” Mikey agreed.
“That’s not the point!” Gerard said. “The point is that we need to have fun! I’m 29 years old! This can’t keep up forever! We have energy and will power and time! We have time! So let’s stop wasting it and have some fucking fun!”
The other two nodded their heads in agreement. “Good, now I’m going to go get dressed, as should you two, and everyone meet me out in my car in 30 minutes. Destination- unknown!”
Gerard flew down the stairs to his basement bedroom. Finally! Finally, he could go out and have fun; free from all the worry he had been confined to lately. He went to his dresser and found a pair of black jeans, a white ‘Dresden Dolls’ t-shirt and his black and white Converse All-Star high-tops. He threw on over his tee a plain black jacket with a white skull in the left hand corner. Hey, what do ya know? He matched. Smiling at his job well done, he went over to his bedside table, to search for his car keys. He hadn’t used the silver Subaru XT since collage, nor had he washed it since then. Of course, he could have bought himself a much better car, but he decided just to fix the one he had up instead. It was more beneficial. And besides, what paparazzi would recognize him in a car like that? Finally, after searching under loads of letters, sketches and junk, he found the silver keys, still connected to a skull keychain.
“Gee! You coming man?” hollered Frankie from the top of the steps.
“Yeah! Sorry, I had to find the keys to the Subaru!” he called back, shutting the drawer and heading for the stairs.
“We’re taking that piece of crap? Dude, are you effing serious?” he asked, astonishment played out on his face.
“Of, course!” he said, emerging from behind the basement door. “Why the hell not?”


“You’re an asshole, Gerard!” Mikey complained from the backseat. “You know that? Cram me back here when the midget gets shotgun? Not fair, not fair at all! And I’m older!”
“You sure don’t act older!” Gerard retorted. “Besides, Mikey, just think. I nailed my first girlfriend back there!”
“Oh my God! Get me the hell out of here!” Mikey groaned, kicking the back of Gerard’s seat.
“Chill out, Mike. I was only kidding,” Gerard laughed, looking in the review mirror, watching Mikey’s face flush with relief. “We did it in the back of your car.”
Mikey groaned again. “Are we there yet?”
“Are we where?” Frankie asked. “Gee, you never told us where we’re going! This is dumb! I demand to know!”
“You’ll find out in a minute. Just chill, both of you.”
Mikey shut up, as did Frank. Gerard just kept a secret smile on his face. Frankie and Mikey stared wide-eyed as suddenly Gerard pulled up in front of the newest store built along Main Street. They finally added a Hastings.
“Fucking yes!” Frankie exclaimed. Gerard parked along the street, and as soon as he did, Frankie went bounding out. “Finally!”
“Gee! Dude, this is freaking sweet!” Mikey said, trying to get out of the backseat. Gerard walked around to the passenger side to help his brother out.
“Yeah, I know. It’s super great!”
“Gee, when did they build this?” Frankie asked, making his way toward the front door.
“I don’t know, opened about a month ago, though. I think they just renovated the old Dillon’s store that was here.”
The trio gladly made their way inside. The place was huge and was packed. People were definitely Christmas shopping. Gerard looked up and saw a huge banner hanging from the ceiling, advertising the Black Parade CD. Gerard was himself and his other band mates spread across the banner, sullen-faced and dressed in marching uniforms, ashes falling in the background.
“That’s a badass banner,” Frankie commented, staring with his mouth gaping open.
“Yeah,” Mikey agreed. “That is pretty awesome.”
“Why doesn’t Brian ever let us in on this shit?” Frankie asked.
“I don’t know,” Gerard replied. “I think…”
“Oh my god! You’re Gerard Way, aren’t you! And you’re Frank Iero, and Mikey Way! Oh my god!” yelled a teenage crazed fan girl, who was in the middle of purchasing the Black Parade CD, an MCR t-shirt and ‘My Chem’ bracelet.
“Yeah,” Gerard said uneasy. “We are…”
“I LOVE you guys so much!” she exclaimed, running over to them. “I heard about what happened in Kansas, have they caught that guy yet? And is it true you brought that Avenue girl back home to spend Christmas with you? That is so awesomely romantic! You have no idea! My friend Ryann said there was no way you would stick with her, but now, I can shove that in her face!”
“No, they haven’t caught the guy. And yes, Avenue is spending the holidays here.”
“How awesome! Listen, I just bought your new CD, and I was hoping you could sign it for me! That would be super amazing!”
“Sure,” Gerard said. The girl handed him her brand new CD and signed his name across the paper with the lyrics on the inside. Then, Mikey and Frank did the same,
“Thanks so much! I love you guys a lot!”
She gave Gee a hug, who hugged back. Then the other two.
“You guys are amazing! Thank you a million!” she gasped.
“No problem. You are very welcome. But, before you go, could you tell me your favorite song?” he asked.
“Easy. This Isn’t a Fashion Statement, It’s a Deathwish.”
“Thanks,” Gerard said.
“No problem! I love you guys so much! Thank you again! Gerard, I hope everything goes well with Avenue!” she called back, as she exited the door, a look of pure happiness played out on her face.
Gerard turned his face back up to the banner. "Me too," he whispered, almost in a silent prayer. If he could have seen his own eyes, he would have recognized the look of desperation found in them. "Me too."
Sign up to rate and review this story