Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > How To Save A Life

It Ends Tonight

by gerard_is_my_savior 1 review

Finally Christmas!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2008-02-21 - Updated: 2008-02-22 - 1527 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Gerard! Avenue!" Came a loud voice from the top of the basement steps. "Hurry, hurry! Santa came!"
Gerard cracked open his eyes and looked at the alarm clock. 7:23 a.m. "Damn it Mikey!" he cursed.
"Let's go up there honey," Avenue said.
Gerard just let out an annoyed moan. "Baby, are you serious? It isn't even eight o'clock yet. I just want to stay in bed with you," he teased wrapping his arms around her and pulling her to his chest lovingly.
"Mikey wants us to go up there..." she began but stopped when she felt Gerard's lips against the back of her neck.
"But I just want you," he whispered, like a secret, into her ear. "I just want you for Christmas baby." He began to move his lips down, down her neck and onto her bare shoulder. He rolled her over onto her back and kissed her chest, the lower across her breasts then finally down to her flat stomach.
"Avenue! Gee! C'mon, mom won't let us open presents until you two are up here. And I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE!" he whined.
"See, we better get up there before we are the cause of a national emergency."


"Who is that one from, Micheal?" Donna asked her youngest son who sat on the floor tearing at a red and green package.
"It's from Avey," he exclaimed.
"Now, son, where is your manners? Say 'Thank you' before you begin to open any of your presents."
Gerard rolled his eyes. "Thanks, Avenue!" Mikey said, getting up and hugging her.
"You are welcome, Mikey!" she said laughing.
Mikey returned to ripping apart the package. "Ave..." he began, but didn't know what else to say. his yes grew larger than baksetballs. "You got me..." he stopped then. "A...A... a Nintindo DS? Omg! I love you so much!" He began jumping up and down.
"Easy, boy," Gerard said laughing. "She is my girlfried."
"Your fiancee," Avenue corrected.
Gerard just blushed in response.
"Here, Avenue!" Mikey said, handing her a little pink box.
"Thank you, Mikey!" she exclaimed.
"AND FRANKIE!" Frank jumped in. "I picked it out too!"
"And Frankie!" she repeated. All the boys treated her like a sister, and Donna like a duaghter. Never had she ever felt like she had such a sense of family before. It was new, astounding feeling, one that made her warm all through her body. It was a different kind of warmth, not one that Gerard could give her, but one that his love gave her, all their love gave her. It made her feel special, and as if she belonged somewhere finally, after wandering alone all these years.
She then relized that they were all watching her, waiting for her to open the box in her hands.
She slowly began tearing away the pink wrapping paper to reveal a white box. She slowly lifted the lid, and she took a peek inside. A silver necklace remained in the box. She tore the lid off and began to admire the necklace inside. "It's so beautiful!" She ran her trembling fingers over the silver cross pendent that dangled from her silver chain.
"i pickeed it out!" Frank yelled.
"Oh, we both did!" Mikey squelled.
"Nuh-uh!" Frank argued.
"Boys, boys!" Avenue said. "I don't care who bought it! You guys are awesome! And this is a wonderful gift. Thank you so much!"
The gang kept exchanging gifts until only one remained under the tree. A lone manilla envelope, with the words 'Avenue Layne' written across it in Gerard's scratchy hand writing.
"What is this?" she asked, when her fiancee placed it in her hands.
"My gift," he said.
"But, Gee baby, you have given me enough!" she said, gesturing to the ring on her left hand and to the people that surrounded her.
"I picked that out too," Mikey whispered under his breath.
Frankie elbowed him in the side. "Shut up, Mike. This is the gift."
"No," Gerard said. "All that stuff doesn't mean what lies inside the envelope does. I will never be able to repay you for saving my life until I can give you this. This is what I feel will make eveything better between us. This will allow your life to go on."
"Gerard?" Avenue asked, confused. "What in the world are you talking about?"
"Just open it honey," Gee insisted.
She slowly began to open the envelope . She pulled out a thick stack of papers and read the front cover. All she saw at first were a bunch of numbers, which she noticed were dollars, which all added to expenses. It was a bill, a medical bill.
"What is this for?" she asked, looking up ar Gerard.
"That is an estimate on how much it would cost for surgery."
"Surgery?"
"Yeah. A surgery for you to get an anamatronic leg, to replace the one you lost. This is to help you. So you can walk down the isle, and not go in a wheelcahir. This is so you can walk again! And you can get you scholarship back. You can go on with your life."
She could only stare numbly at the paper in her hanf. She was holding her life in it. Her life with Gerard. Her wonderful, beautiful future with Gerard, in her hands.
"I..." she stammered. "Gee, this is..." Tears began to flow down her soft cheeks.
"They won't hurt you this time, Avey. I won't let them. This is the best hospital in the U.S. Maybe the best one in the whole world. it's the Mayo Clinic. I don't know if you have ever heard of it, but I swear, Avey. You will be perfect again. You will be everything you wanted. I will give you everything you ever wanted."
Avenue lowered the papares to her lap. She could only stare blankly ahead.
"Gerard, I don't need to be perfect. You were the only thing I ever wanted in my life. I just wanted somewhere to belong, to be with someone who loves me, to feel whole again and full of life. I was so dull without you. So empty on the inside, my very soul felt hollowed out. I couldn't help to feel that way," she said, turning to face him, a haunting look contained in her face. "But now, here in your presence, in this very room on this very day, my heart has been filled with more joy than I could have ever imagined. I don't need to walk when with you I can fly far above all those dark thoughts that fill every shadow in my mind. I can rise above every doubt that has ever been turned my way. I can be what I've always desired to be. And that is loved. I have wanted moreso than anything else in my life to feel loved. And I have found. Gee,and I have found it in you."
Gerard reached over and took her in his arms. He felt her hot tears against his soulder.
"Don't cry, Avey," he whispered into her ear. "I can't stand to see you cry."
As she sat there and watched what was the most amazing display of love she had ever seen, she realized that they were meant to be together. That Gerard had made the right choice in asking her to marry him. That all they needed was each toher. That was it. When they finally pulled apart, Donna stood up.
"How about getting some breakfast in those bellies?"
"Mom," Mikey said, jutting in. "It's noon."
"Great! We can have our Christmas lunch, then start getting ready for church," she turned around and looked at her youngest son, who sat on the floor, Nintendo DS in hand. "And Miechal, if I EVER see that in your hands anywhere near that church, I'm going to give it to Frank."
At the sound of his name, Frank stuck out his tounge.
"Franklin Anthony Thomas Iero, that was in no way appropiate."
"Sorry mom," Frankie said. "And Mikey."
"Good boy," she said before exiting into the kitchen.

---------------
"Where are you?"
"Don't worry. I'm exactly where I need to be."
"Can you see the house?"
"I'm not there yet. Tonight, remember? Didn't we agree tonight?"
The man on the other end of the phone sighed. "Yes," he agreed. "Tonight. Just do what you need to do. Oh, and Kammeron?"
"Yes boss?"
"Fuck this up and you know what happens."
"Yes, sir. I do."
Then the other line went dead.
"It ends tonight," Kammeron whispered as he sat in his dark motel room, cleaning his sniper rifle. "When darkness fades to light, it ends tonight."










So, i have a few things to say.
1. Sorry.
2. Sorry.
3. Sorry.

I know this is the latest update in FicWad history, but PLEASE FORGIVE ME! Basketball is over and now we move onto track, but I hope you haven't given up on this story, because I sure haven't given up on you!!! I love you all so much and appreciate my loyal reviewers. I just need some more encouragement! I don't know if I'm doing that much good here!
Lots of love,
-Autumn
Sign up to rate and review this story