Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Hollywood Hills and Suburban Thrills

Chapter 14

by lil_chica007 6 reviews

A surprise visitor on tour.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-02-04 - Updated: 2008-02-05 - 2897 words - Complete

0Unrated
The first of the special guest stars: Molly the merch girl and Kim the fan (sorry it's such a tiny part).




Later that afternoon, they were all hanging out in the dressing room waiting for sound check. The venue was in the middle of nowhere, and everyone was going a little stir crazy looking for something to do. There wasn’t even any internet connection. Spencer was on the phone with his girlfriend while Brendon snored away in a corner, catching up on the sleep he didn’t get the night before. Ryan and Jon were huddled over the table of food creating culinary masterpieces out of the same boring stuff they got in every dressing room in every city. Haley was watching over their shoulders, grimacing at their combinations, while sipping on her fourth Red Bull of the day. “This one needs more mustard.” Jon said, squirting some on a piece of toast topped with pepperoni, string cheese and carrot sticks. He took a bite. “That’s not bad.” He handed it to Ryan, who nodded in appreciation. They looked over at Haley, leaning against the wall.
“I’ll take your word for it.” She wrinkled her nose.
“Oo-oo-oo!” Ryan shouted, hopping up and down as he took a plate out of the beeping microwave. “What if we put Red Bull ON the Hot Pocket?!” he grinned.
“Genius! It’s like two for one.” Jon agreed.
“cut out the middle man.”
“Kill two birds with one stone.” Haley smiled sarcastically, taking another sip. The two looked at her expectantly, like she was finally going to join the fun. “Just thought I’d add another cliché to the pile.” She shrugged. They scowled and Jon snatched her Red Bull can, pouring some on the Hot Pocket. “Hey!”
“Do you want to try it, or should I?” Ryan asked, as they watched the liquid get absorbed into the crust. Haley reached around and grabbed her drink back.
“It was your idea.” Jon shrugged.
“Ok, smells good.” Ryan sniffed it and took a big bite. He gagged and spit it in the trashcan next to him. “Not good! Not good!” he shuddered.
“Let me try!” Jon took it, and bit off an even bigger piece. He made a face and spit it out. “You’re right.”
“You thought I was lying?” Ryan wiped his mouth on is sleeve. They stared down at the plate sadly.
“Now we’ve ruined a perfectly good Hot Pocket.” Jon mumbled as Ryan nodded.
“You people are idiots.” Haley rolled her eyes and went to check on the outfits for the show.
“Hey guys,” the tour manager knocked on the door and stuck his head in. “Sound check’s in 5, then you have that meet and greet with the radio station contest winners. Someone wake Brendon up.” He nodded towards the couch and shut the door. Ryan threw a pen at Brendon, which bounced off his forehead, causing him to jump off the couch into an attack position.
“Dude, we gotta go.” Spencer said, grabbing his drumsticks.
“I guess I should probably go find that merch girl before all the crowds get here.” Haley sighed, following the guys out the door.
“You can’t miss her, she’s the one in the merch booth.” Jon offered.
“Duh.” Spencer laughed.

“Hello?” Haley approached the merch booth, tentatively. It didn’t look like anyone was there. “Merch girl?”
“Hey, I’m down here. Just a minute.” She heard a muffled voice, followed by a loud thud. “Ow!” Haley leaned across the counter and peered underneath.
“Are you the merch girl?” she asked, her head upside down. A thin girl, a little taller than Haley, with shoulder length brown hair and hazel eyes glanced up from where she was crouched under the table tugging at a box that was wedged under there.
“Yeah, hi. I’m Molly. Haley, right?” Molly stuck her hand out for Haley to shake.
“Yeah. You need some help?” Haley nodded at the box.
“That would be awesome. I told the techs to put this under the counter, out of the way. I assumed they’d put it under the counter if fit under, and now it’s stuck.” She laughed, standing up as Haley rolled the rest of the way over the ledge.
“Does this move? Why don’t I lift it up a little, and you try to slide the box out.” Haley grabbed the edge of the table.
“It’s really heavy.” Molly warned.
“Don’t worry, I’m frighteningly strong.” She lifted the edge a couple inches and the box slid out easily.
“Awesome, teamwork!” they high-fived.
“So, I wanted to talk to you about my tee shirts.” Haley said.
“Speaking of which, they’re actually in this box.” Molly grabbed a pair of scissors and cut the tape off the box they just unlodged.
“Oo, I haven’t actually seen them yet.” Haley jumped up. She pulled out a lavendar shirt with black patterns on it that looked like spray paint splatters.
“Cool.” They both said at the same time.
“I’m going to wear it.” Haley pulled it on over the tee shirt she was already wearing. “Here, you can have one too.” She pulled another shirt out of the box. This one was black and white stripes and had a picture of a red converse shoe on it.
“I have these shoes.” Molly grinned, looking at her feet. “I’m wearing these shoes.”
“It must be fate.” Haley shrugged, laughing. “So, I just wanted to say hi, and introduce myself. Since you’re selling my shirts and everything.”
“Cool. Hi.” She giggled. “So, I wanted to ask you about how you wanted to display them.” they turned and looked at the back wall where all the merch was hanging up.
“Whatever you want to do. I don’t really have any preference.”
“I could put them along the bottom. Or I could get another piece of wall to wrap around the corner, and put the hoodies over there, then scrunch everything over. Then we’d have this end for you.” She pointed at one side of the wall.
“That could work, there’s only four or five designs.” Haley nodded as her cell phone rang. As soon as she pressed the talk button, a shrill voice came down the line.
“SPENCER STOLE MY PANTS AND HE WON’T GIVE THEM BACK!”
“They’re not your, they’re mine.” Someone, presumably Spencer called from the background.
“MAKE HIM GIVE THEM BACK! This is Brendon by the way.”
“Yeah, I got that Bren.” Haley laughed. “How do you know they’re yours?”
“They look like mine.” He pouted.
“They all look alike. Do they fit you better, or do they fit him better?”
“I don’t know. He won’t let me try them on.”
“I’ll be there in a minute, and then I’m writing your names in all your clothes.”
“Like summer camp.”
“Yes, like summer camp. This happens way too often.” She hung up, rolling her eyes at Molly. “There’s four boys, and only three pairs of pants.”
“Guess they’ll have to flip for them.” Molly smiled.
“I’ll talk to you later.” Haley said, climbing back over the counter as kids started pouring through the doors that were just opened. “We should hang out sometime, there’s way too few girls on this tour!”
“I know, seriously!” Molly laughed.

Haley was headed towards the backstage area, pushing her way through the crowd that was starting to build. She shoved her backstage pass in her pocket and pulled her hood over her head, thankful that she blended in well enough in her jeans and hoodie. She was checking her phone, not looking where she was going and walked straight into someone’s back. “Hey!” the girl shouted as she jolted forward, almost losing her balance.
“Oh my god, I am so sorry! I didn’t see you. Are you ok?” Haley gasped and pushed off her hood as the tall, blonde girl turned around, glaring.
“Holy, crap.” The girl froze. “Are you Haley Beckett?”
“Um, yeah.” Haley glanced around.
“My name’s Kim, I am such a huge fan! I can’t WAIT for your fashion line to come out tomorrow. What’s it like touring with Panic at the Disco?” Kim gushed.
“Oh, thanks. It’s a lot of fun, just like hanging out with your friends.” Haley smiled.
“Could you sign this for me?” Kim pulled a piece of paper out of her bag.
“No problem.” Haley took it as some more people started to notice her and gather around.
“Aw, is that your engagement ring?” one girl pointed at Haley’s hand, smiling.
“Yeah.” Haley grinned as she signed a couple more things that people handed to her.
“I saw the video on YouTube, it was so adorable. Did you know it was going to happen?” Someone added.
“I didn’t even know he was coming to the show.” Haley shrugged as her phone started ringing again. She recognized Brendon’s number and sighed. “Listen, I’d love to keep talking, but I have to go.” She waved and flashed her pass as one of the security guards opened the backstage door.

“Ok, what’s wrong now?” Haley asked as she walked into the dressing room. Brendon was standing in the middle of the room in his boxers, with a pouty look on his face.
“Spencer stole my pants.” He huffed.
“No, I didn’t.” Spencer said from where he was warming up.
“So you decided to just not wear pants, or what?” Haley giggled.
“No, but he’s wearing mine.”
“There’s a pair of pants right here.” She picked some up off the side of the couch.
“Those are Spencer’s.” Brendon pointed out.
“No, they’re not!”
“Well, if he’s wearing yours, couldn’t you just wear his?”
“No, they make my butt look weird.” He crossed his arms. Haley unfolded the pants and held them out to look at them.
“Well, here’s your problem.” She laughed, making Brendon and Spencer both give her weird looks. “These…are Jon’s.” Both men glared at Jon, who scowled down at the pants he was wearing.
“I thought these fit funny.” He grinned. Haley tossed the pants to him and grabbed a bunch of Sharpies from her bag, handing them out.
“Ok, everyone take your pants off and write your names in the waist. You’ll forget to do it later.”
“But we’re all different sizes, can’t we tell whose is whose by how they fit?” Ryan complained.
“Apparently not. Now drop trou before I do it for you.” She shouted, pretending to be angry.
“Am I interrupting something?” the door swung open as they were all taking their pants off, and Pete walked in laughing. Haley shrieked like a little teenie and jumped into his arms, wrapping her arms around his neck.
“What are you doing here?” Haley smiled into his neck.
“I’m done recording most of my parts, so I had a couple days off, and your line is released tomorrow, and I wanted to be here with you to go see it in the stores. Plus I wanted to see you.” He kissed her shoulder.
“How long can you stay?” she pulled away to look in his eyes.
“Only three days.” He sighed, sadly.
“That’s ok, I missed you.” she grinned, hugging him tightly.
“Baby, I can’t breathe.” Pete laughed, running his hands up her back to her shoulders. She let go, giggling, and kissed him sweetly on the lips as the tour manager stuck his head in the door.
“10 minutes, guys.” He left just as quickly. Haley grabbed Pete’s hand, lacing their fingers together and headed out the door.
“If anything goes wrong have someone call my cell, we’re going to go make out in the bus.”
“Don’t do anything inappropriate.” Jon wagged his finger, jokingly.
“Why do you think we’re going to the bus instead of doing it right here in front of you losers?” She smirked.

“Wow, it’s a lot cleaner than the last time I was in here.” Pete noted as Haley shut the door to the back lounge.
“I had to take the initiative to make them pick up after themselves.” She smiled. He took a step forward and captured her lips, letting out a soft moan. She guided him towards the couch until he plopped down. She perched herself on his lap, finally breaking the kiss to catch her breath.
“I think that gets better each time.” He grinned, giving her a quick peck.
“I love you.” She smiled as he took her hands in his and began playing with her ring.
“I can’t believe how lucky I am to have found you.” He mumbled into her neck.
“I can’t believe I get to spend the rest of my life with you.” She sighed before bursting out in giggles.
“What?” Pete looked at her strangely.
“We’re such dorks.”
“No we’re not, we’re in love…Ok maybe we are dorks.” He laughed. She leaned in again, tangling her hands in his hair. He deepened the kiss, snaking his tongue between her parted lips. He lay her down on the couch, moving over top of her and reaching his hand under her shirt.
“Wait.” She pushed him away slightly, causing him to groan in frustration.
“What’s wrong, Baby?” he sighed, caressing her back under her shirt with his thumb.
“We were on the phone last night for three hours, remember?”
“Oh, I remember.” He smirked. “And I fully intend on getting a live repeat.”
“How come you never told me you were coming out here today?”
“I didn’t want you to get excited. It was really last minute, I didn’t even know if I actually HAD a plane ticket until I was on my way to the airport.”
“And you came anyway? That’s so sweet.” She groaned slightly as he grasped her hip and began sucking at her neck.
“Should we go to your bunk?” he murmured. She nodded and stood up, leading him to her bunk. They both squeezed in and she slid the curtain closed.
“There’s not much room in here.” She giggled, pulling his shirt off.
“There’s just enough for what we’re doing.” He rolled over on top of her, unbuckling her belt in the process.

The band finished their set and after thanking the fans and signing a few autographs, made their way out to the bus. They all stopped short in front of the door. “Who wants to go in first?” Brendon wrinkled his nose.
“I had to wake her up this morning.” Jon pointed out.
“That wasn’t scary at all, she barely even acknowledged you!” Spencer spat.
“Ok, I’m thinking of a number…” Jon trailed off.
“4.”
“7.”
“2.” Spencer, Ryan and Brendon said at the same time.
“It was 6 and a half.” Jon nodded. Ryan sighed and opened the door as Spencer gave Jon a look.
“Who said anything about fractions?” Spencer shook his head. Ryan crept up the stairs, peering around the corner.
“The coast is clear, I don’t see anyone naked.” He waved and the other guys filed in nervously. They all went about changing and cooling down from the show. Jon walked down the dark hall by the bunks, wrinkling his nose when he heard giggling coming from the bunk underneath his. He thought of how long and awkward a night it was going to be as he tripped over something. He looked down and saw that he was standing on a pile of discarded clothing.
“UNDERPANTS! THERE’S UNDERPANTS ON THE FLOOR!” he shrieked, jumping out of the way, trying to kick a purple bra off his shoe.
“We’re not allowed to leave our underpants on the floor!” Ryan shouted.
“FUCK OFF!” Haley yelled from the bunk.

“FUCK OFF!” Haley practically screamed in Pete’s ear, making him cringe. “Sorry, Baby.” She smiled, brushing the hair out of his face.
“It’s fine, I didn’t need my hearing in that ear anyway.” She opened the curtain just enough to poke her face out.
“Hang your show clothes over a chair to air out, don’t fold them or they’ll get that funky smell again. And put your dishes away after you eat, someone left the cereal out yesterday!” she pulled the curtain closed again.
“So, basically you’re their mother.” Pete laughed, pulling her closer.
“Yeah.”
“You’re so beautiful.” They were both still covered in a thin layer of sweat, making their skin glisten and stick to one another.
“Ugh, I’m gross. And I probably smell.” She sniffed her armpit.
“Yeah, you smell like you just got laid.” He gave her a sexy grin as she yawned deeply. “Are you tired?”
“I’m running on about 2 hours of sleep and half a case of Red Bull.”
“Oh, Baby. I’m sorry I kept you up so long last night.”
“I’m not.” She smirked, resting her head on his chest as they both drifted off into a deep sleep.



Please review, they have been seriously lacking the last couple chapters. Thanks!
Sign up to rate and review this story