Categories > Original > Horror > The Vampire Eden

2. 6 Years Later

by famouslastwords93 0 reviews

chapter two

Category: Horror - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-02-06 - Updated: 2008-02-07 - 937 words - Complete

0Unrated
2. 6 Years Later

Sam walked silently down the street to the local coffee shop for his usual Saturday morning coffee.
He entered the shop inhaling the coffee smell, and sat down at his usual spot in the window panel.
The morning sun that flowed down the city streets and into the window warmed Sam's cold skin. He wished she'd come walking up the street randomly just so he could see her.
He dreamt plenty of times about her of the same dream, only it wasn't wonderful and full of light as she was.
His dream of her was him walking through the town's graveyard and approaching her gravestone.
Apon the gravestone was her name in sculpted cursive, and her picture in a small oval picture frame, embedded with small light pink pearls.
Her smile would brighten the grey and depressing site, and the roses on her grave would be forever alive.
When he'd reach down to place the flowers on her grave, her hand would reach out of the grave and grab his arm.
She'd rise out of the grave and lift her head to his level. Eden would grab his chin and hold it close, then she'd open her eyes and her green eyes would glare at his blue eyes. She'd bare her teeth, showing sharp and lethal fangs.
"Can I help you?" a voice said waking Sam from his day dream.
The waitress stood there with a small notepad, awaiting his simple order.
Sam ordered his usual order, then pulled out his book from his messenger bag once the waitress left.
Sam knew for a fact, that Eden wasn't dead. Or, at least her soul and memory in his heart wasn't.
Sam received the news that Eden was dead that dreadful Tuesday afternoon at work two years ago.


2 years ago....

Sam was sitting at his desk at the Timberlake Tribune headquarters, the newspaper.
He was writing a small draft of his artical to go in the paper about small things coming up this Fall: October Fest, Harvest Dinners, Auctions, etc.
The phone on his desk rang, he set his glasses on the desk and answered the phone polietly like every day.
"Timberlake Tribune," he answered.
There was a short pause, then a sigh. "May I speak to Sam Wheeler, please?" the woman's voice asked, kindly.
"This is he." Sam said, as he wrote down more ideas on his paper.
"Sam," the woman said. "Surely you remember my daughter, Eden Linnencourt?"
"Yes, I remember her well." Sam said. "I haven't spoken to her in a while though."
"Sam, I'm so sorry, but Eden was in a terrible accident." the words hit Sam's ears like bullets, only more painful.
Sam studdered his words as he struggled to speak.
"Wha..How...Where did this happen?" Sam asked holding back small tears.
"Last night, she was hit by a drunk driver, Sam." Mrs. Linnencourt softly explained. "You're welcome to come to the funeral Saturday."
"I'll be there, I promise." Sam promised.

The day of her funeral, the sky was grey and the weather was cold, too cold for an average October morning. Yes it's supposed to be chilly in October, but not this cold.
"The Lord is thy shepard, and there is nothing I shall not want.." the Priest said as he began the prayer.
Tears and wimpering rang across the graveyard.
Sam stood there quietly listening to the prayer looking at the black coffin.
They didn't show the body, just her coffin with a large bouquet of white lillies spread across her coffin.
Eden's parents stood in the front row, Mrs. Linnencourt was cuddled in her husband's arms, and they both wimpered.
After the service, Sam walked up to the coffin and stood there only a foot away from it.
"Oh Eden," Sam whispered. "Why did this have to happen?"
The wind whistled and was mild. "You were supposed to go to Standford and become what you wanted."
Sam had held them back for too long, he let his tears come out.
A small tear streamed down his cheek, then leaned down onto the coffin and breathed softly.
"I'll love you forever, and I'll see you in Heaven." Sam whispered. "But I can't fit 'I Love You' and 'Goodbye' in the same sentence. It's just wrong."


Back in the coffee shop, Sam sat sipping his coffee and reading his Shakespeare book he bought at Barnes and Noble to keep his mind thinking.
Once he was done, he stood up and left after paying his bill.
He walked over to the general store next door to pick up some things before heading to work.
Sam walked into the simple general store and walked straight over to the drink section.
When he had his things, he turned a corner and ran into a girl. Both of their belongings fell to the ground.
They both knelt down to pick up their things together.
"I'm so sorry," Sam said.
"Oh it's okay," the girl said as they stood up.
When they looked up at each other, Sam looked into the eyes of Eden.
He stood in awe, then caught consciousnous. "Eden?"
Her green eyes grew bright, then frightened.
"I can't know you." she said, then dropped her things and ran for dear life out of the store.
Sam dropped his things as well and ran after her.
He chased her down two blocks, almost killing himself running though traffic. Ahead she turned into an alley, he followed her into it.
When he got full view of the alley, she was gone. Nothing but the greasy and dark grounds and walls of the alley.
Sign up to rate and review this story