Categories > Original > Horror > The Vampire Eden

3. Eden's Transformation

by famouslastwords93 0 reviews

chapter three

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Published: 2008-02-06 - Updated: 2008-02-07 - 1767 words - Complete

0Unrated
3. Eden's Transformation

Eden drifted down to the ground .
Her house was a grey stoned mansion, with a large lake surrounding the backyard, and a moss tree beside it.
There wasn't any surrounding houses for the next fifteen miles, and thousands of trees circled the surrounding area.
Eden approached her front door and pulled out a golden, old fashioned style key. She unlocked her door, then walked into her cold front room.
Her home was dark and cold, curtains covering every aspect of the house; air conditioning costed her a fortune, but heat was not the best thing for her skin, and it would just cost more money.
Her skin was permantely cold and hard.
Eden went to her room and took off her boots and slipped on her converse.
Eden wore a black and white striped shirt, long black skirt that went to her ankles, and a black long-sleeved jacket that went down to the ankels also.
Her hair was a beautiful shade of auburn, her eyes a dazzeling shade of green, and her skin as pale as a grey sky.
These reasons were all simple, her new way of living had changed herself completely, she had become a part of the eternaly damned, a vampire.
Eden hated that she had to run from Sam, especially when they hadn't seen each other in years, only speaking through email and phone, until two years ago.
Eden knew deep in her heart that she loved Sam, but she couldn't imagine how life would be without him living his.
If she as much as had a conversation with him face to face, she'd have to kill him.
Two years ago was when she was off campus one night, she was at a bar downtown, and that's where it happened:

I remember that night as if it was yesterday.
The aroma of the bar was nasty and heavily boozey smelling. Drunk and sober people were around me and I'm never that comfortable around that type of crowd.
This bar was very different than any original bar. One of my classmates had invited me. I'll be honest, he had gorgeous black hair, frightening yet beautiful silver eyes, and his voice was like velvet. I remember he asked me to dance. I accepted his invitation, and as we approached the dance floor, I realised that the music had a very slow, hard rock, and techno sound to it.
His name was Gabriel, and he took my hand as we stood in the middle of the floor.
I stood there in awe and amusement as he dragged his hand lightly across my abdomen, and around my back as he circled me.
Then when he reached my back, he wrapped his arms around my chest as if protecting me, and lowered his head to my shoulder.
The spotlight never moved, only stayed in the middle. We were on the edge of the light, so only the light was on my face.
Once I could focus, I realised that the song had switched to Rob Zombie's 'Dragula'.
Gabriel slid his palm slowly up the side of my arm and up my collar bone to the side of my neck.
Once the song was halfway through, Gabriel kindly grabbed my hand, and led me over to one of the lounging couches.
He set me down first then sat down next to me.
I could see little of his face, this area of the bar was lit by a small red light from a gothic style lamp.
He smiled at me, daring not to show me his teeth. He leaned in slowly and kissed me.
I kissed back, then he trailed down my chin, then to my neck, then down my arm then stopped at my pressure point of my hand.
He held my fragile hand in his hard and cold hands, then looked up at me before he did it. He widened his smile as he looked at my hand, then slowly dug his teeth into it.
I was in a total shock, even as I felt numb sitting there in his lap and his other arm around me, I felt my heart beating faster and faster, as I lost more and more blood by the second.
I all of a sudden felt exausted, then he stopped and looked deep into my eyes. His eyes were now a dark black and the rims of the pupil were deep red.
He beared his blood coated fangs at me, then pulled me in so fast I felt weightless, and bit my neck.
I couldn't tell how much more blood I had, let alone seconds I had till death.
Then he immidietly stopped. "Your blood is so pure..." he purred. "I can't waist it on my mild thirst."
Then he dug his glass nail into his palm and dug it so deep he began to bleed.
He held it to my mouth. "Drink unless you want to die." he ordered. I slowly grabbed his palm and sucked on his deep cut.
I felt an amazing rush come over me, I could tell he enjoyed the rush too. Then he ordered me to stop.
I stopped then pushed myself against the back of the couch as I felt my heart pump violently, as if it was using up my beats left in my life.
Then, out of nowhere it stopped, and I still was alive.
I jerked violently up and down, and I could feel my eyes roll back into my head.
Gabriel pulled me into his arms, then carried me out of the bar.
Hours later I awoke starving. I was sitting in the backseat of Gabriel's silver Volvo, and Gabriel was right next to me.
"Are you hungry, love?" he asked.
I shivered at the sound of love, but I was starving.
My silver dress that went to my knees was covered with staining blood.
Gabriel led me out of the car, I realised we were now at the community park, and it was now early morning. He gestured his head torwards a girl sitting at a bench at the bus stop.
From my new amazing view, her nationality was black, but her skin was a light dark. Her eyes were hazel, and she was reading 'Great Expectations' by Charles Dickens. Supposingly for a project or book report.
"There, love, is your breakfast. My treat." Gabriel purred in my ear, then I felt myself following him torwards her.
By the vague sight of dawn, it must be around five or six in the morning, and foggy.
She looked up slowly at us as we got closer, then we stopped abrutley.
In an instant, Gabriel jumped up into mid air and landed down on top of her.
Before she had time to scream, he covered her mouth. I ran over and helped him silence her and dug my new fangs into her neck.
Gabriel smiled, then hissed before digging his fangs in her shoulder.
The girl groaned and moaned, then began to feel the moment I suppose. I could tell because she was no longer frightened, then finally we let off.
"I want to keep her, Gabriel." I said. "She is so beautiful and intelligent." I knew this by seeing her life flash through me in black and white as I had drank her.
Gabriel looked down at the struggeling teen as she heaved for breath. "Fine, your decison, your turn to give her the dark gift." Gabriel said.
I looked down at her, then got on top of her, placing her inbetween my legs to keep her still as I dug my teeth into my palm. Once it began to bleed, I immidietly placed it to her lips and ordered her to drink.
Once she was done, I got up and backed up to Gabriel's side. She began to struggle as I had struggled in the club only hours ago.
Then I could hear her heart beat violently as mine had, then it died. She lifted herself up, and stared at us through her new, and almost so beautiful your heart would stop at the sight of it, jade eyes.
She bared her fangs quickly at us, then drifted over to us in a quick but silent walk.
"More..." she purred.
That day I learned the way of living as a vampire. The new girl I called my sister, Rae, had learned quicker than me.
She told me that she had studied the vampire nature through books and movies.
Her black hair had changed from curly to dead straight, and looked dangerously thin, as did mine.
From then on, I excused myself from Stanford, and watched the two years float by like wind.
I remember the day of my funeral, I stayed close, but far enough to not be noticed.
I could hear my mother crying, and my father whimpering. Then seeing Sam approach my coffin was unbearable.
The memories of our lives together flashed before me in an instant, and I badly urned to have it back. But it would only hurt him more and make him die even more inside.


Realising that it had been more than an hour, I stood up from my old fashioned styled, red couch and made my way over to the bookshelf, and drove my nail across the binding of the books as I passed it. Then I made my way torwards the dining room, which we used as a study.
I opened the glass sliding doors, revealing Gabriel playing on the black grand piano.
I could tell he was playing one of his popular songs to play for him, his personal lullaby he had written for me and Rae.
Gabriel was so sexy when he played, he never struggled, and never had I ever seen him fret over a missed note, which he never made. He was walking pure perfection.
I went over to the window sill and sat in it, glancing out the window.
This window with the heavy red velvet curtains pulled back, had a beautiful view of downtown Timberlake Creek.
The city lights were beautiful, and the mountains in the north made the city look like one small town being ambushed by monsters of mountains.
"What are you staring at?" Gabriel asked.
I realised now that he had stopped playing, and was now behind me with his hand on my shoulder.
"Nothing, just thinking about things." I replied simply, then curled my legs up to my chest and wrapped my arms around my legs.
"You suprise me, Eden Linnencourt." Gabriel said, then drifted out of the room silently.
Sign up to rate and review this story